The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Hurry Up and Save Me

"Ow! Frozen peas? Really Sharp?" I questioned while he ran off laughing the entire time down the frozen food section of the grocery store.

In case you didn't notice, Adam's idea of getting food was actually getting groceries and of course me and Sharp were being idiots having a sort of food fight in the middle of the store. I picked up the frozen peas from the floor that hit me in the side of the head and chucked them back at Patrick's retreating back which hit him with a thud.

"Two points!" I shouted while people looked at us like we were stupid or something.

"Damn it Blaze!" I heard Patrick groan as he turned around to loo at me and I went to hide behind Adam.

"Ssh, you don't see me," I whispered while Kane laughed but Captain Serious just rolled his eyes, not showing any sort of amusement on his face at all.

"You're not invisible, you do know that right?" Jonathan raised an eyebrow as I shook my head.

"You know, you're two steps away from becoming Captain Obvious now too."

"Kids, play nice," Adam laughed when out of nowhere, Sharp sneak attacked me by throwing me over his shoulder and running with me through the store.

"They're going to get us kicked out," Jonathan mumbled while looking at Kane and Adam.

"I can hear you!" I shouted as Patrick still held onto me, "Sharpie, put me down before Captain Serious has a heart attack."

"Fine," He sighed while setting me down on the ground next to a serious faced Jonathan who I had to elbow.

"Lighten up," I smiled at him, "we're just keeping ourselves entertained."

"Looks like you're flirting with him."

"One kiss and you're already jealous?" I smirked at him, watching his eyes roll for probably the hundredth time. "Don't be."

We continued our trek through the store to find what we needed for the time being. That and since I was flying with Paula for the third game, I had to find something to keep me entertained as well as travel items to take on the plane like shampoo, toothpaste, and all that jazz. I was just skipping down the aisle with Kaner now, walking towards the apples when I stopped dead in my tracks.

I felt Adam bump me with the cart since I was frozen in place, looking at the terror that had me stopped.

"Blaze, come on, move," Adam laughed as I did but not in the direction he wanted. Instead, I walked to his side and clung to his arm. "What's gotten into you?"

He let out a deep throaty laugh with a few of his teammates as Adam's head snapped to their direction and his grip tightened around the cart.

"Can we please just go another way?" I whispered as Adam moved back but the others looked at me.

I seen the rest of them look towards Chris in which we left without him noticing us but still, they all knew the story of how I got the bruises on my body. It made the whole team super protective over me which could be a good thing. Just their coach didn't know or no one else except the players, I just didn't feel like they needed to know is all.

Once we left the store, we got everything put back in the apartment which then gave me time to spend talking with Jonathan or something before he went home to get some rest. I took to the streets with Jonathan as the boys were up in the room. The warm air still floating around town made it easy to walk without a jacket.

"So are you working tomorrow?" Jonathan questioned as he stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"For a few hours," I shrugged, "Lucas wants me to open Empire and work til like 2 but then I'm free after that."

"That's good," He fell silent a bit when I stopped and he stopped to look back at me, "What?"

"It's nothing," I shrugged off with a smile.

"No, what?"

"Well it'll sound crazy since I don't know if you'll go for the idea but-" I started as he gave me a look to go on, "I was thinking since we've kissed and we've never done anything official, maybe we could go on a date sometime?"

"A date?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Of course, it's up to you. I mean I'm ok with just being friends and stuff but I don't want to get too involved if nothing's going to happen."

"A date sounds good," He smiled as he held out my hand for me to take "What'd you have in mind?"

"I don't know," I shrugged as his thumb caressed the back of my hand while our fingers were entwined, "maybe a movie and dinner or something? I know you're busy with the finals and everything but it's just a suggestion."

"I like that idea," he smiled while we kept walking, "When?"

"I don't know. Why are you asking such hard questions?"

"Because you look cute when you think," He smiled as I rolled my eyes.

"God, we're like the most messed up pairing ever. We either get on each other's nerves or we're nice to eath other."

"I take getting on my nerves more than usual."

"Shut up," I shoved him while people watched us walk past them, "Dude, why'd I even ask you out?"

"Because admit it, you know you like me."

"If that ego gets bigger, no," I took my hand back from his to cross my arms as he chuckled when my phone rang.

I looked down to see I had a text from Lucas telling me to be at Empire by 6 since we had to do some inventory and go over meeting things for tomorrow night's meeting even though I wasn't going to be there. Sighing, I shoved the phone back in my pocket to look back at him.

"Hey, sorry to cut this walk short but I've got to get back. Lucas wants me to come in earlier than I planned."

"It's ok," Jonathan smiled lightly at me, "I've got to get back too. Game Two tomorrow."

"I'll see you there," I smiled as we started walking back to the the apartment.

Once outside the door, I took my keys out but stood staring at him for a minute. I didn't want him to go and I didn't want to go either but we both had busy schedules that had to be kept.

"Hey, um, tomorrow night, do you think you have time to come over before you get on the plane?"

"Maybe," He shrugged while looking at me, "Why?"

"I won't see you til we get to Philly again, so I was hoping you'd have somet ime."

"I'll do my best," He smiled as I went to open the door.

"Do you wanna come in a bit or something?" I shifted my weight as I looked at him, "Just talk for a while still?"

"You need rest," Jonathan smiled as I nodded but his lips met mine in a soft sweet kiss, "Goodnight Blaze."

"Night," I smiled at him as I headed back into the room.

I found sleep to come quickly as my head hit the pillow. The rest of my day actually went by fairly quick too. My shift at Empire went by faster than I expected and then Paula met me at United around 4 which was jammed packed with people by then much like the first night.

I took my seat with her to watch the game, listened to her ramble on about some random gossip thing at work and her family issues but I still kept quiet about everything that had been happening lately. I only filled her in that I've moved and that I'm sorta seeing someone but didn't clarify who it was. I didn't think she needed to know right now, besides nothing was totally official yet.

It was an exciting game though. I always found myself getting lost in hockey games just because I love them. I think that's why I fell for Chris in the first place, he was passionate about the game but then his other side came out and I slowly drifted away from him. It was an intense game too, but in the end Chicago won again which I was stoked about now.

Paula went to do her report on everything, while I stood in the hall just waiting on her since I didn't feel like following her around. The hall wasn't too busy like I would expect it to be. Flyers players were leaving their locker room and heading out the door as I kept to myself, occasionally looking down at my phone to see what time it was and if anyone had texted me or something.

Once a lot of people from the Flyers left, I thougtht I was in the clear of my terror like maybe he had left and decided to leave me alone. Or maybe I managed to avoid him from my spot on the wall. Just as my mind was at ease and my nerves settled, I felt someone tug on my elbow and pull me into the locker room the Flyers had just come out of.

"Hey," I started when I noticed the person standing in front of me as I turned three shades of white.

"Not so tough without your body guard now are you?" Chris smirked while I tried to back away but he had me cornered.

"Chris, stop this," I whispered while looking at him, scared now, "please, just let me go."

"Now, I can't do that," he walked closer to me, "I've got something I've got to finish."

I let out a whimper as he approached me, with no one around to stop him as my mind and heart raced.

In the other locker room, Jonathan had been looking for me, even looking out in the hall for a few minutes then came back to Paula.

"Hey, you're with Blaze Chasez right?"

"Yeah," Paula smiled at him.

"Um, have you seen her?"

"She's out in the hall," Paula started.

"Um, she's not," Jonathan mentioned feeling uneasy which Adam and Sharp now noticed too.

"Maybe she's outside," Paula shrugged as Jonathan didn't say anything but went out in the hall to find me.