The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

The Truth of the Past

The apartment was quiet now, Patrick's sisters were all passed out in the living room while Kaner took the guest room. Jonathan was still quiet and shy around me, but I tried not to make a big deal out of anything yet.

We were both in our room which was weird to say now since I was still getting used to calling this place "ours", just getting back to Lucas on his e-mail about him coming back and having me take over the store and keeping AJ on my staff as well as Mark and Burko. I noticed Jonathan walking back and forth uneasily which was starting to get on my nerves.

"You do know I'm two steps away from snapping at you, right?" I mentioned while not really breaking my concentration from the screen.

"I can't help it," He ran a hand through his hair, "I mean I just keep thinking I just sent my parents the most embarassing and personal thing ever and-" He rambled on and on which I finished up my e-mail and smirked lightly, "It's bad enough that Kaner's sister just seen it and-"

"Maybe you didn't send them what you think you did," I smiled closing the lap top and moving it to the nighstand, "Maybe you think you did but you really didn't."

"Yeah, I keep telling myself that but-"

"Hey," I leant forward to grab his hand and pull him into the bed, "Stop worrying ok? If you did, then you did and there's nothing they can do to change things. Sure it might be awkward but when aren't things between parents and their kids awkward?"

"How are you so positive about all this?" He sighed while laying next to me.

"Just lucky," I smirked as he rolled his eyes, "No, maybe it's because I done with worrying about things, because at the end of the day, it's just you and me and that's all that matters."

"You know that's not always true," He sat up slightly.

"Still, if everyone in the world hated us and we only had each other, well as much as you'd annoy me, I'd be happy."

"Wow, who would've thought you became a total softie," He smirked.

"Hey," I shoved him lightly, "I'm not a total softie."

"Oh yeah, punching paparazzi," Jonathan chuckled, "You know maybe you should've been a hockey star."

"Funny," I half glared at him to turn on my back as he reached over to look at my right hand.

"Does it hurt?"

"A little," I admired the bruises, "Not as much before but they're just sore to bend some."

"That guy deserved it," he smirked at me.

"He did."

"He'll still run something about you and Kaner though,"

"I know," I sighed looking at him, "Or he'll find out some dirt on one of us and run it."

"Because they're stupid," He yawned curling up with me.

"You sound tired."

"And you're not?" He looked up at me.

"Not really," I shrugged with a sigh looking down at him.

"Get some sleep," He mumbled through his tired state.

I watched as he soon passed out next to me, snoring lightly but I couldn't sleep. Nothing was really on my mind, just I wasn't tired. I mean I might've been a while ago but now, I just couldn't sleep. I slowly crept out of bed to go make some Sangria tea since I was addicted to it too, but that was besides the point.

I sat down at the counter, turning on the radio quietly as to not wake anyone, I ran through my phone internet, just lost in my own world when I heard someone walk through the living room with shuffled feet. I looked up to see Jonathan standing there, rubbing his eyes.

"I didn't wake you did I?" I questioned as he sat down in front of me.

"No, I was thirsty," He yawned, "I seen you weren't there so I went to see where you went."

"Couldn't sleep," I smiled lightly, "You didn't have to find me."

"Why can't you sleep?"

"Just can't," I shrugged, "It's one of those things you know."

"You know," He looked down at his counter then back at me, "I remember that first night you came to my apartment, I was having this party and I took you out to the roof to get air."

"Only it wasn't that crowded," I laughed looking at him.

"And Adam Burish ruined our almost kiss."

"Who said I was going to kiss you?" I smirked at him.

"Hey," He protested.

"I might've wanted to kiss Burish for all you know."

"I swear," He sighed shaking his head.

"Not in front of the kids," I smirked at him.

"You're crazy," He chuckled.

"I know."

"So, are you going into Empire tomorrow?"

"Yeah, Mark called off sick so I'm filling in for hiim for a few hours."

"Sounds fun," He sighed.

"Maybe, besides," I smirked at him, "You never know who will walk through our doors."

"You better stay out of trouble," Jonathan warned.

"Me?" I put up my hands, "I'm innocent."

"Yeah that halo's held up by horns," He rolled his eyes.

"Nuh uh," I stuck my tongue out at him.

"I'm going to bed," He yawned with a smile trying to play on his lips, "You coming?"

"I'll be there in a bit," I smiled looking back down at my phone as I heard the chair scrapped the floor and him get up.

"Good night Blaze," Jonathan kissed me quickly before walking off.

"Night."

In the morning, I made my way to Empire but not without having been followed by paparazzi since I punched that one yesterday. I swear, the store wasn't even opened yet and they were trying to swarm me and follow me around with stupid questions. I locked the door again to shake my head and seen Burko smile at me.

"Someone had a temper last night," He mentioned while going over paperwork.

"That ass deserved it," I sighed walking up to the regrister and watching him.

"He did."

"AJ around?"

"In the back," He nodded.

"Thanks," I smiled then headed to the back office to find AJ.

"Morning AJ!" I shouted while setting my keys down but he rushed out to me.

"Blaze, you'll never guess what I just found out."

"That I punched a paparazzi," I shrugged, "It's all over the news."

"Besides that," He rolled his eyes, "It's probably going to piss you off."

"What?" I questioned knowing it would take a lot to get under my skin but still, I listened to AJ.

"Gina's not just not pregnant," He looked at me as I raised an eyebrow at him.

"What are you talking about?"

"She's almost 7 months, how she hide it from everyone and kept her weight the way it's been from everyone else is what I don't get but she was talking to Corey about it before I came here."

"So, she's dragging Chris along?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Um, no," He shifted and looking down, "Blaze, she's been with Chris the entire time."

"What?" My mouth dropped open, "How long?"

"Um, I don't know," AJ shrugged, "I know she didn't want me to hear but she was the first girl he brought back to your apartment-"

"No," I shook my head than sat down on the couch, "Gina wouldn't do that? Would she?"

"I don't know," AJ sat next to me, "I mean she has changed."

"God," I let out an aggrivated sigh, "So, she was with him this whole time while he-" I stopped myself, "And he never hurt her? That asshole."

"What about Gina?"

"She's a bitch," I spat standing up trying to wrap my mind around then why I was the one who was the punching bag and she never seen any of it.

"You ok?"

"Can you just give me a few minutes alone?" I looked at him as he got up from the couch and left me alone.