The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

The Start of November

Somehow I managed to avoid Gina or Chris the rest of the month. It was amazing, all these rumours kept coming up about Gina and Chris, what happened between me and Chris, those things but both of them kept quiet. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not but it let me be alone for the most part. Sure, I still had people following me around, asking questions about me and Jon or me and Patrick but I found ways to avoid them.

Jonathan on the other hand was now gone a lot since regular season had started and it was now the day before Halloween, well night and Jonathan had been in Minnesota for the game tonight as well as Adam having a game in Dallas so pretty much everyone I talked to when Jon was gone was out of town.

That's why I spent the day at the dance studio, then Empire was open to til 3 am which I decided to work the shift since if I didn't, it'd just make me miss Jonathan even more.

To make things a bit worse, my next doctor's appointment was on the first which Jonathan would be out of town again for a game and I was finally finding out what we were having.

Sure it didn't seem like much of a Halloween but the team had a party before the Wednesday game but I didn't go. I was too busy working on choreography for my dance group but I told Jonathan to go. I didn't get home til 1am but I heard him crawl into bed at 3 am to wrap his arms around me. Much like last Saturday's game when they lost, he just crawled into bed with me and wrapped his arms around me, no words were said but none had to be.

Finally by 3 am, I drug my tired body back to my car then back to Jonathan's apartment. I had a few calls from Talia and Abby but I'd call them tomorrow especially since tomorrow we were going to dinner with Sharpie and Abby then Monday, Talia was taking me to my doctor's appointment. I staggered into the shower, putting some mixed cd with Bruno Mars topping it off as the warm water hit my skin and swollen stomach that people could start to tell I was so pregnant now.

Listening to the song change to 30 Seconds to Mars and then a Forever Sickest Kids song then an All Time Low one, I finished my quick shower, towel dried my hair, then got dressed in some pajama pants and one of Jonathan's shirts, combed my hair then fell into bed.

Around 4 am, I heard keys at the front door, which woke me up slightly, but I knew who it was and knew he was probably in a down mood since they lost again tonight. I heard his bag hit the floor next to the bed, then felt a weight join me in bed, pullng me close to his body then slowly drifting back to sleep.

In the morning, I woke up to see him asleep in a shirt and boxers which I quietly crawled out of bed to head to the kitchen to make some breakfast for him. It wasn't long after I was almost finished with my french toast, that he walked out into the kitchen and I slid a glass of coffee over to him.

"Happy Halloween" I smiled at him.

"You aren't drinking this, are you?" He questioned raising an eyebrow.

"Relax Captain Serious," I rolled my eyes, "The apple juice is mine. Besides I can have some caffiene you know."

"Yeah but coffee?" He looked at his cup which I pushed a plate towards him.

"No, coffee."

"Thank you," He smiled picking up a fork, "So how were things lately?"

""Busy, I've been hanging out with Talia and Abby if you're not around or I'm not working."

"No calls from Gina or Chris?"

"None," I shook my head, "Of course your parents keep calling to make sure I'm doing ok."

"I'm so glad they didn't see what they could've."

"See, I told you not to worry," I smirked at him.

"Don't be cocky now," He chuckled.

"Oh just eat your breakfast."

"So," He chewed his food while looking at me, "What are our plans for today?"

"We're meeting Sharpie and Abby for dinner at 6 but the rest of the day, we were so going to have a movie night in."

"Ok."

"You're upset about me finding out about the twins tomorrow, aren't you?" I questioned leaning on the counter slightly.

"No," He shook his head but I knew he was since he wouldn't be here.

I walked around the edge of the to sit on his lap, "I can reschedule for when you get home."

"No, I want to know."

"Tell you what," I leant my head on his shoulder, "I won't tell you anything except that everything's ok until you get home on Wednesday."

"I just wish I was here."

"You've got you're game to worry about," I kissed his cheek slightly, "Trust me, I'll be fine and when you get back, it'll be worth it."

"And you won't be nervous?"

"Not til tomorrow," I shrugged slowly moving off his lap but he pulled me back to him, "Jonathan-"

"I just got home and missed you."

"So, we still hav the rest of the day," I shrugged at him with a smirk, "Seriously, it's still early morning."

The rest of our afternoon was spent watching horror and suspense movies in our dimly lit apartment. Me, being in Jonathan's arms "pretending" to be scared but I wasn't. Well maybe a bit when we watched Joy Ride but that movie's creepy. By 6, we both got dressed in jeans then headed to dinner with Sharpie and Abby. The hoodie I was wearing was starting to get tight since that stupid bulge but everytime Abby seen me, she gushed which I actually liked hearing.

It was one of those things that I grown used to hearing now since almost everyone was positive about our twins.

The following night, I spent tangled in the sheets with Jonathan, whom then had to leave on a plane super early to head to the next game on Monday morning. I think I got like two more hours of sleep when Talia knocked at my door to pick me up for my doctor's appointment.

That office was so quiet as the doctor watched the screen then smiled at me this bright smile.

"So, do you want to know what you're having?" He questioned.

"Yes," I nodded, "Can you tell?"

"You're having a boy and girl," He smiled, "Congratulations."

"Thanks," I smiled at him then got up to head back to the waiting room to Talia.

"So?" Talia asked while handing me my keys again.

"Jasey and Alexander," I smiled at her.

"Only if Jonathan allows it," She laughed while standing up but something was bothering her.

"What?"

"Um, Gina called me while you were in the doctor's office."

"And?" I drew out not really wanting to talk to her.

"She's heading to the hospital to have her baby. She wanted me to tell you in case you wanted to come out to see them."

"I'll send a card," I glared.

"You know you can't avoid them forever."

"Yeah and that's the part I'm going to hate," I grumbled heading out to the car, trying to rid myself of bad thoughts just so I could pysch myself up to tell Jonathan about our news.