The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Trouble Again

Talia dropped me off at the apartment then headed on her own way. I didn't mind, I was sorta tired but still, once I stepped through the doors to the hall, standing there, waiting with a smile on his face was none other than my best friend.

"Adam?" I questioned then ran up to him when I was sure it was him, "What are you doing here?"

"Visiting family at home since we didn't have any games for a while and since I was so close to your place, I figured why not come hang out with you before I head back?'

"Aww, you shouldn't of," I smiled at him breaking away from his hug, "I mean that's a lot of running and everything."

"Don't act like you didn't miss me," He chuckled.

"Maybe," I shrugged.

"So, what are you up to today?" He questioned.

"Well I had a doctor's appointment today, Tazer had to fly out to a game against the Rangers today. We'll be back super early tomorrow morning I'm guessing."

"Well then, hey, wanna spend some time with me?"

"Like you'd ask that question," I snickered opening the door to the apartment and heading in, "Let me just change and we can go keep my mind occupied."

Like Adam said, I spent time with him. The two of us caught up about everything that's been going on, how he likes Dallas still and more about me dancing. I told him about the twins being a boy and a girl which he was actually interested about. That led to him taking to kids stores looking at baby clothing and everything for a few hours before we headed to lunch.

We took in a movie and walked along the lakeside before 5 hit, then Adam decided we should head out to a bar or club, just to hang out or something. This time he promised to keep a close eye on me and made sure that I didn't get too tired or drink like before.

So by 7, I changed into a baggy hoodie and some jeans to meet Adam down at the cab he called for a night out on the town. It was a fun night, we danced, mingled, and I danced with him some more but for me, it meant nothing other than him being my best friend but I seen the looks I was getting for other girls on the dance floor.

The two of us decided to head to his hotel room by 1 since he had to be up early and it got me away from the public eye. I sat on Adam's bed, reading some hockey magazine as he got me a bottle of water.

"You know, I still find this so totally out of this world that I'm in the world I'm in now."

"What do you mean?" Adam sat next to me.

"Hanging out with hockey players, dating one then soon marrying him and having his babies. I swear when they ask you that question in high school where you see yourself in 10 years, this I wouldn't of ever imagined."

"Life doesn't really live by plans," Adam smirked as I shook my head.

"Thank god," I rolled my eyes, "I mean yeah, I always loved hockey and Chicago but if my life went by the exact plan that was put out in front of me, I'd be a master chef and still stuck with Chris."

"It worked out for the better."

"It did."

"So, I heard Gina had her baby," Adam mentioned as I nodded, "You going to go see her?'

"No," I barely whispered.

"Why?'

"She was the other woman," I looked down at the blankets to know Adam's mouth dropped open.

"No way."

"Way," I nodded bringing my knees up to my chest, "Here she is, seeing all these other guys while seeing him and telling me that we were perfect together, that bitch."

"I'm sorry."

"And Chris," I started feeling my eyes tear up, "That ass never hurt her or touched her the way he did to me."

"Hey," Adam hugged me quickly, "No more of that, ok. You're too beautiful to cry over him."

"Thank you."

"I can't have you all depressed before I go," Adam smirked drying a tear.

"I don't want you to go either."

"I just can't win, can I?" He questioned as I shook my head.

"No."

"That won't do," He smirked then started to tickle me.

"Adam!"

"What?"

"Stop!" I laughed, maybe a bit too loud since people could probably hear but I didn't care.

When he finally stopped tickling me, I calmed down my laughing to talk to him for a while longer about anything. I looked over at the clock as my head rested on his shoulder to see it was now 3 am.

"Crap," I stood up sliding my hoodie back on, "I've got to get going."

"I didn't realize it was that late," Adam sat up slowly.

"I know and Jon's probably home by now worrying about where I am."

"Well tell him it's all my fault," Adam smiled.

"Planned on it."

"I'll call the cab, I've got to get to the airport soon too."

"I'll wait in the hall."

I walked out to the hall to look at my phone to see there were no calls which I was half relieved at. That is until I heard my name being called.

"Blaze?" I heard the voice of Jeremy Morin questioned, "What are you doing here?"

"Just hanging out," I shrugged, "You?"

"I had to come pick up a friend," He looked at me, "Who's your friend?"

"Oh it's-" I started when Adam walked out of the door, "Adam Burish."

"Does Jonathan know you're here?" Morin questioned.

"I told him I was out with a friend," I nodded, "We just lost track of time."

"Ready to go?" Adam questioned.

"Well hey," I smiled at him, "I'll see you later."

"Yeah of course."

If I would've known better that night, I would've got home earlier but once I hit the bed at 3:30 that morning Jonathan was still fast asleep. I only heard him up in the kitchen at 8, which I got dressed and headed out there to tell him the news. I skipped through the kitchen, half trying to keep the secret for a bit longer as I walked into the room with him.

"Guess what?" I half sang with a smile plastered on my face but his back was turned to me.

"You got in late?" He questioned in a dull tone.

"That's besides the point," I shook my head, "But the doctor-"

"Where were you last night?" He questioned turning to look at me.

"I told you, out with a friend," I shook my head, "Trust me, I was safe."

"Which friend?" He crossed his arms to look at me.

"Adam Burish, why?" His stern look didn't break which I found amusing, "Don't tell me you're jealous now?"

"What'd you do?"

"Oh my god, you think I'm cheating on you with Bur?" I half laughed, "Jonathan, you're crazy."

"Am I?" He questioned watching me get a glass of water, "Morin seen you come out of his hotel room laughing and joking around with him at 3 am."

"Morin," I rolled my eyes remembering seeing him, "Jonathan, seriously, you know nothing like that happened."

"Humour me."

"We talked that's it," I glared at him, "He's my best friend."

"Really?"

"Are you accusing me of cheating?" I sat my glass down as he shrugged, "Oh my god, you can't be serious."

"Well what do you want me to think? You get in at 3:30 in the morning, a teammmate sees you coming out of his hotel room, you don't call."

"We lost track of time," I defended myself, "I haven't seen him in a month and we've both been so busy that I haven't talked to him. We just caught up. Can we move on from this?"

"You could've called," He still glared.

"Jonathan, drop it."

"Why?"

"Because this is idiotic," I let out a sigh as he walked out of the kitchen, "Where are you going?"

"I've got morning practice," He grumbled.

"Don't you want to hear about your twins?" I crossed my arms at him as he picked up his bag.

"Whatever," He shrugged grabbing his keys then walking out the door.

I found myself heading over to Abby's half pissed and half upset that Jonathan was being an ass about this all. Patrick had gone to morning practice too so it was just me and her at their kitchen table, me venting while she got me a cup of hot tea.

"Thanks," I took the mug, "It's just I would never cheat on him. I mean yeah, things have happened where I've kissed a rock star, well made out with, and the thing with Chris but I love that boy to death."

"He knows that," Abby sat down with me, "He's just being an egomanic who won the Stanley Cup."

"Captain Bi-polar," I snickered.

"Exactly," She smiled at me.

"I don't know, he was pretty upset at it all."

"Well you could've called."

"I know," I rolled my eyes, "That was stupid on my part since I should've when I seen Morin but I didn't."

"It didn't help that they lost too."

"Yeah," I smiled lightly.

"This is really bothering you isn't it?"

"I just don't want to lose him," I sniffled as Abby got up to hug me.

"It'll be ok, trust me."

Little did I know that, that trust me was because when I went to the bathroom, Abby called Sharpie. She told him everything that happened which he knew just as well as me that Adam would never do that to him.

After Sharpie ended his phone call, he went to talk to Jonathan in the locker room after he finished dressing.

"Tazer, can I talk to you?" Patrick questioned leaning against the wall.

"About?" He questioned stuffing things into his bag.

"Blaze."

"I'm not in the mood to talk about her."

"You know she wouldn't cheat on you," Patrick looked at him.

"So she told you?"

"She's at my house right now," Patrick grew a tad bit aggrivated, "She told Abby and Abby told me how upset she is."

"Maybe she should've thought about that first."

"Tazer, that's bullshit you and I both know that Adam would never do anything like that to you. Those two are best friends, he saved her life just like I have from that asshole."

"Still."

"Still, she isn't going to give up what we did for her just because someone doesn't know the full story of what happened to her," He counter, "Just like she won't give up on you, no matter how much of an ass you are. That girl loves you more than anything."

"Maybe it was too soon to have her move in," He mentioned not looking at Patrick.

"You and I both know that's a lie," Sharpie chuckled, "You can't stand to be away from her that long. We all hear it on the road and know that expression."

"Uh huh," He nodded.

"So quit being an egomanic for two seconds and take a step back," Patrick glared at him, "If you get pissed about this than you're an idiot. Don't let her disappear just over this." He looked at him but he was silent. "When you're done venting, you know where she'll be. Hell call Adam and he'll tell you the exact same story."

Patrick walked out of pratice, knowing everyone else just heard their conversation but he didn't care since he needed to hear it. Jonathan sighed then ran a hand through his hair while leaning against the wall for a second.

"Hey, Tazer," Patrick Kane walked up to him, "A bunch of us are heading to get lunch, you coming with?"

"No man I've got something I need to take care of," He looked at him.

"Good luck," Kaner smiled lightly.

"Thanks," He sighed picking up his bag then heading out of the arena.