The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Let's Runaway

Sharpie had been home for about an hour now and I hadn't heard from Jonathan. It just brought me down which both Sharpie and Abby picked up on which is why we were playing five card stud in the living room when there was a knock at the door.

"He'll come around," Abby smiled, "If not I'll smack him."

"You'll have to take a number," Patrick mumbled to go answer his door.

"Thanks guys," I smiled lightly, "I just, I finally found something to get stoked about with being pregnant since I'm used to it and totally excited now and he goes be an ass."

"He's a guy," Abby shrugged, "They don't think sometimes."

"Blaze," Sharpie cleared his throat, "You have a visitor."

"Who?" I questioned but looked up to see Jonathan standing there, "Oh."

"Abby come on, let's go pick up the pizza," Sharpie mentioned as she gave me one last look then headed out the door.

Jonathan stood there with a bouquet of lilies as he walked over to me. He silently sat down on the couch to look at me but I wouldn't look at him.

"Where's your ring?" He questioned pointing to my left hand since I took off the ring off my finger.

"The table," I pointed as he got up to pick up the ring then sit on the other side of me.

"I'm sorry," Jonathan mentioned, "I should've trusted you."

"You're damn right."

"Will you let me finish?" He questioned as I nodded and he went on to take my hand, "Blaze, I love you more than anything in this world. I was stupid for listening to someone when I knew they didn't know anything about what was going on."

"You did though."

"I know," He smiled lightly, "But if you leave my apartment, I don't know what I'll do. I'll go crazy, drive everyone crazy."

"The thing is," I started looking at him, "We're always fighting over stupid shit like this. Maybe we shouldn't do this, maybe it's too soon."

"No," He rushed out, "No, it's not too soon. I promise, I'll make things work, just give me another chance."

"I keep giving you chances Jonathan," I looked at him, "And then after we get along for a while this happens." I sniffled pushing back the tears. "I love you to death, honestly I do and I don't want you out of my life but I can't take all this stress and neither can our twins."

"I know I can't promise we won't fight but I'll try my hardest to not fight over something stupid," He took my hands in his, his thumb running over the back of my hand slowly, "Please, I love you."

"Swear to me you won't questioned about who I'm with and you'll trust me?"

"Completely," He looked at me.

"Don't push me away," I whispered as he slid the ring back on my finger than kissed my lips softly.

"I love you so much," He whispered, moving his hands down to the baby bump.

"I love you too."

"So what did you want to tell me about our twins?" His smile broke through which I couldn't help but laugh at through the tears.

"God," I dried my eyes, "You just jump into things."

"So," He wiped my tears away with his thumbs and a smile on his face.

"We're having a boy and girl," I smiled at him.

"A boy and girl?" He questioned as I nodded and he kissed my lips quickly, "You're amazing, you know that?"

"Thank you."

"Are you still nervous about everything?"

"Being pregnant?" I questioned looking at him as he nodded, "A little, just I don't want to mess up our kids but I can't wait for them to get here. So I can teach them to terrorize their father."

"You would," He laughed.

"Duh."

"Get up," Jonathan smiled standing up taking my hands as I gave him a strange look.

"What? Where are we going?"

"We're getting out of here."

"But Sharpie and Abby will be back with pizza soon and I'm starved."

"We'll get something, come on," Jonathan smiled at me as he drug me to the door.

"What are you doing?"

"Being spontaneous," He chuckled leading me out the door then down to his car.

He helped me in the car then started to drive around town. That man had a plan in his head and knowing him like I do, he wasn't about to change his mind again especially with that smirk that was playing across his face.

He was heading out of town a bit to a local suburb while blasting some Mariana's Trench which we were both into right now. He reached his hand over to mine just as he parked at this small government building where they have marriage license and stuff like that. He hopped out of the car to come around to the door and take my hand.

"What are we doing here?" I questioned him as he smiled.

"Would you do it if I told you?"

"Do what?"

"Get married?" He questioned with a smile again as I stopped and my mouth fell open.

"What?" I stopped to look at him, "What about the wedding our families are planning? And making Talia and Abby part of my bridal party, the bachelorette party, the catering, the team-"

"We'll still do it after you have the twins," He smiled taking my hands again, "We'll just renew our vows then."

"You do know vow renewal is a completely different thing right?"

"Blaze come on," Jonathan smiled at me.

"I don't know."

"Didn't you want to earlier?" He questioned again as I bit my lip.

"Don't we need witnesses?" I questioned as he nodded.

"Kaner and Talia are waiting in there."

"What?" I looked at him.

"They won't tell anyone, promise."

"I-"

"Come on," Jonathan kissed me.

"Ok," I nodded as his smile spread wider.

Was I really about to do this?