The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Feel the Rush

Fixing my hair in the small room, my hands wouldn't stop shaking and I found it hard to believe when there was a knock at the door. Smiling, Talia slid her body into the room as I did my best to look thrilled.

"Hey, Jon's wondering if you were ready yet?"

"I don't know," I looked at myself in the mirror.

"Cold feet?" She questioned sitting next to me in a chair.

"No," I shook my head, "I really really want to marry him but I just don't know if now is right. It just feels so rushed, so now, so-"

"Final?" She smirked as I nodded.

"Yeah."

"I'll tell him you need a bit yet," She stood up, "Why don't you call that best friend of yours and run things over."

"Even if he is a ladies man?" I smirked up at her.

"He keeps you grounded so yeah."

"Thanks," I smiled while she walked out the door and I took out my phone to call Adam. I rung like 3 times, putting me on more edge since he wasn't answering. "Come on, Adam, pick up."

"Hello?" I heard Adam questioned.

"Hey, I didn't catch you at a bad time did I?"

"I'm in the locker room, getting ready for the game. What's up?"

"I can always call back-"

"Blaze," Adam cut me off, "You're upset about something."

"Ok, so Jonathan wants to get married like right now," I rushed out, "Like right now I'm sitting in a small dressing room to get married at this government building."

"Wow," Adam sounded shocked, "I thought the two of you were waiting til the twins were born."

"That's what I thought, but he brought me here but I don't know if I can do it," I rushed out again, "I mean I do want to marry him but right now, I just feel I'm making everything so final. I mean what if Jonathan's not the one, what if I meet someone else while he's on the road, what if-"

"Blaze," Adam chuckled as he tried to get a word in edge wise, "Blaze, babe, calm down."

"But-"

"You and Jonathan are meant for each other."

"Yeah but what if I do kiss someone else. I mean it's easier to explain not being married then being married."

"The two of you act like a married couple already," He chuckled.

"You're not helping."

"Have you talked to Tazer about it?" Adam questioned.

"No, I don't want to hurt his feelings."

"It sounds to me like the two of you need to talk about this more before tying the knot," Adam pointed out.

"I guess," I shrugged.

"Then answer me this," Adam paused for a quick second, "You've seen the worst a relationship can be, what's the one thing that's kept you a constant since everything came to surface?"

"Well you and Sharpie," I pointed out.

"True, but who's been that one person that's been there, keeps coming back even when you fell back into old ways, done something stupid-"

"I know he is," I sighed, "It's just right now, I'm scared, I'm nervous. I just don't know if right now is when we should be getting married."

"Is there anyone else you'd see yourself marrying?"

"No," I shook my head.

"I say talk to him but I'd also tell you to follow your heart," Adam smiled.

"We'd still have some sort of vow ceremony with the rest of our family and friends."

"I know you would," He chuckled, "Just whatever you do tonight, you better tell me."

"I will."

"And make sure Sharpie knows."

"He won't be pissed, will he?"

"No," Adam snickered, "I gotta go though."

"Thanks Adam," I smiled hanging up my phone to hear a knock at the door then Talia standing there.

"So?" Talia questioned coming into the room.

"Is Jonathan really 100% serious about getting married right now?" I questioned.

"Maybe," She shrugged, "Still unsure."

"Just about the timing. Maybe it's not eating yet but I like being engaged to him still. It's got a nice ring to it."

"Better tell him though," She smiled.

"Could you send him in?"

"Of course."

Talia walked out of the room, to be gone a few minutes when I heard the door open and Jonathan slid into the room.

"You ok?" He questioned looking at me.

"Do you really want to get married tonight?" I questioned looking at him as he watched him.

"You don't want to marry me anymore?"

"I really really really want to," I stressed twirling a strand of hair in my fingers, "Just not today I don't want to do it. I want it be magical, special, with all our friends and family."

"We still could."

"I know, I do," I nodded as he moved over to me, "In all honesty, I just like telling everyone that we're engaged and annoucing it to people and I haven't told everyone, as selfish as that sounds."

"But if we get married you could tell everyone that," He sat across from me.

"It's exciting, really," I smiled at him, "Just right now, I feel like it's all happening super quick and everything."

"You feel it too don't you?" He smirked at me.

"It's a rush but I'm still living on that engaged rush," I smiled at him, "And our twins."

"Ok," He nodded taking my hands, "We'll wait."

"Are you sure you're not mad?"

"No," He kissed my knuckles lightly, "Kaner said his mom wanted to throw us an engagement party anyway."

"Yeah and we'd mess that up if we got married," I giggled.

"Hypothetically speaking though," Jonathan looked at the ring than at me, "If we were to walk down the aisle right now and the priest said everything, what would you say?"

"I do," I smiled at him as Jonathan's eyes lit iup.

"Really?'

"Of course," I smiled bigger, "And you?"

"I do," He kissed me quickly.

"I guess we should tell our friends we're not getting married tonight?'

"Come on," Jonathan helped me up as we went to tell Talia and Kaner what was going on.

A few hours laters, Jonathan finally got me some food, then I called Adam back even though he had a game and told him we weren't married. I finished my phone calls as Jonathan walked into the bedroom again to crawl under the covers with me, slowly sliding his hands across the rather large bump. At least I found it large even though it wasn't that bad, my stomach was now starting to stick out in my normal clothes which sucked but still got me happy.

"What are you doing?" I giggled feeling his hands slid around me.

"Twins," his warm breath floated across my skin, "Wow."

"A boy and a girl," I smiled at him, resting my fingers on his.

"Are you coming out to the game tomorrow?"

"I don't know," I shrugged, "Do you want me to come out?"

"Yes," His fingers moved across the bump causing me to shiver, "It'll be fun."

"Ok," I nodded.

"You seem tired?"

"Fighting with you tires me out," I mentioned as he pulled me closer to him.

"You should get some sleep Mrs. Toews."

"Who said I married you and took your name?" I giggled as he gasped behind me and I turned to look at him, "You're cute when you're shocked."

"That was harsh," He looked at me.

"Relax, do you think I'd keep Chasez?"

"You never know," He smirked at me.

"You're just too cute," I kissed his lips quickly as he slowly moved his body on top of mine. "Excuse me."

"What?" He smirked down at me, "I need something to clear my head for tomorrow's game against Jersey."