The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Cravings

The apartment was cold this morning. Seriously cold. I moved closer to Jonathan's body, feeling his arms tighten around me but knew he wasn't asleep either since he had to get ready for morning practice.

"It's so cold," I whispered.

"I know," He mumbled glancing over my shoulder to look at his alarm clock.

"And being this close to you in the morning while you're naked, isn't exactly fun," I smirked.

"Shut up," He blushed knowing what I was referring to.

"I am so glad that I'm not a guy," I turned to look at him to see his eyes roll.

"Instead you enjoying making things like that happen," He half glared at me.

"You think he'd shrink being this cold," I smirked at him again.

"You're seriously annoying right now."

"But you know you love me."

"Of course," He sighed a deep sigh meaning he was about to get out of bed, "I gotta get going to morning practice."

"I know," I rolled onto my back as he climbed out of bed, "Do you have time to meet up for lunch?"

"Yeah. Where do you wanna go?"

"I so want soup today," I stretched slightly to see a smile play across his face.

"So, that narrowed it down to just about anywhere," He chuckled.

"Your point being?"

"We'll figure it out later," He went to his closet to find a suit when I felt a piece of clothing hit me.

"Hey!" I reached up to feel the material of a jersey that landed on me.

"Wear that today," He mentioned as I looked at his number on it.

"I was planning on wearing someone else's number," I sat up a bit as he stopped to look at me in just his pants.

"Seriously?"

"Well, you know," I drew out but his expression didn't change, "Of course the captain is uber sexy."

"You know you drive me crazy?"

"I always do," I smirked at him.

"I'm heading to practice, we'll meet up for lunch at say 1?"

"Sounds good," I nodded as he walked over to me to lean down to me then place a quick kiss on my lips, "Mm, minty fresh."

"I'll see you later."

"Ok."

Jonathan headed to his morning practice while I slowly got up. My body half ached from last night and half was just my back killing me. I had to head into the dance studio to work on somethings and finish filing some paper work for new students but there wasn't much else other than that. It just passed time until lunch since I hated being bored and having too much down time. Not to mention, I'd rather be at the dance studio then Empire anymore.

Paper work took a while since I had to re-file other students then put them in their correct dance genres and what not. That way all the other coaches wouldn't be confused. Normally I'd just work on mine but upon getting there, the front desk clerk that worked there called off sick and needed someone to work on the filing as well. It wasn't too bad but still, I was glad I was an instructor.

Finally around 1, Jonathan picked me up, looking half tired from practice. I walked up to him to wrap my arms around his neck with a smile.

"How was practice?" I questioned.

"Tiring," He kissed me, "How were things here?"

"Boring," I sighed.

"Kaner told me that his mom's coming in tonight and the engagement party is tomorrow night."

"Is she staying?"

"I don't know," He shrugged, "It just means now we can finally invite our family or what we have left of family and our friends to dinner."

"Speaking of," I mentioned breaking away from him but thinking of the upcoming holiday since I did celebrate it, "What are we doing for Thanksgiving?"

"Well," He drew out, "It is the road trip then so I'll be out of town."

"Oh yeah."

"But I want you to come with me," He stopped me but I looked awkward.

"I don't know-"

"Come on, it'll be fun. You know it'll help you get to know the new guys on the team and maybe help them understand everything so they don't start shit like earlier."

"I do have my job."

"Yeah but you do need a vacation," His eyes plead with mine.

"I-"

"Sharpie wants you to come along," He smirked at me.

"Well if that's the case," I giggled elbowing him slightly, "Kidding. Alright I'll go with you."

"Good," Jonathan kissed me quickly.

Later that night, I sat with Abby during the game which it was a good game but in the end, they lost to Jersey. Abby wanted me to go talk to Jonathan but I knew he needed his space. He always did and not to mention since it was on home ice, he probably would bitch even more or mop around, so she told Patrick that the two of us were going out and would be back later. Patrick said he'd tell Jonathan for me which I was thankful for. It's bad enough explaining to him that I wasn't going to go drink in first place when he wasn't upset by a loss.

Abby took me me to the House of Blues which wasn't too busy but we both loved the atmosphere. Besides Excaliber, this was probably the only other bar that I loved. I was seriously considering seeing if Jonathan could rent some space for the reception or something. Crazy? Maybe but still, it'd be cool.

Both Abby and I spent about 2 hours at the House of Blues when we got bored since there wasn't much but a DJ there. That in turn, led us to head to a local hobby store that was still open at this late hour. We were being idiots when we came across the craft aisle in which we had a glitter fight. For real, Abby started by picking up a jar of glitter and throwing it on me. Soon the next couple aisles and ourselves were covered in glitter. We ended up getting kicked out but it was worth it.

Abby took me back to the apartment then left on her way as I walked up to Jonathan's door, half quiet since I wasn't sure if he was still awake or not.

"Late night?" I heard from the kitchen, turning to see a half naked Jonathan making a peanut butter sandwich, "Did a disco ball explode on you?'

"No," I smirked walking over to him, "Glitter fight."

"I don't even want to know," He shook his head at me.

"It's a long story," I smirked at him to sit on the barstool, "So how are you doing? Things better?"

"I guess," He shrugged, "I mean it's why I've got to practice more."

"Tazer, don't do that to yourself," I pleaded with him, "You're good at what you do and are an amazing captain, don't put any more stress on yourself."

"I just don't want to lose again," He sighed rubbing the back of his head.

"I know you don't," I got up to walk over to him, "But can you please not be too stressed tomorrow night? For me at least?"

"I'll try not to," He kissed my lips quickly.

"Promise?" I looked up at him.

"I promise we'll have a good time," He smiled down at me, "Just like when you come with us on our road trip."

"First road trip," I sighed breaking away from him stealing a bite of his sandwich, "It shouldl be fun."

"It will be," He smiled watching me.

"Oh, sorry, do you want your sandwich?" I questioned looking at him.

"No, you can eat it."

"Actually," I sat his sandwich down, "Your sandwich is missing dill pickles."

"What?" He half snickered to himself.

"You eat that one, I'll get pickles for mine," I smiled at him.

"Please tell me this is one of your weird cravings?" He watched me walk to the fridge.

"Well yeah," I giggled taking out the pickles, "When have you known me to eat something like this before?"