The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

You're Amazing

November 24th.

It was the day before Thanksgiving and we were now in San Jose since the game was tonight. For the most part, Jonathan and I were getting along, just minor tiny arguments when we got annooyed with each other but then we ended up making up or apologizing within the next hour or so.

Right now we were all just sitting around the downstairs hall, talking and eating while I sat back in my chair with my feet on Jonathan's lap. I found myself trying to hide a yawn which Marian Hossa smirked at.

"Long night?" Hossa questioned.

"Yeah, Sharpie was snoring all night."

"Hey," He protested looking at me.

"You mean you weren't in Tazer's room?" Hossa raised an eyebrow.

"No," I shook my head while stretching a bit, "Someone's gotta wake Sharpie up early since Bur's not here."

"She's got a point," Jonathan smirked as I nodded.

"I do, now if you excuse me," I moved my feet off Jonathan's lap, "I'm going to go get changed for the game tonight."

"I'll see you later," Jonathan smiled as I leant down to kiss him.

"Good luck guys," I smiled then headed off to my hotel room which I so needed that alone time.

I turned on the TV in the background just to have noise to keep me from going insane. Much to my sarcastic luck, the news was once again running some Hollywood tabloid about a rumour that had been going around like always or something. I fixed my lip gloss before moving onto my hair when the news bit running I should've paid more attention to but didn't. In all honesty, what they were reporting, I thought everyone knew about but my thoughts were once again wrong.

In the locker room of the game, the guys were listening to some radio station or something who happened to be running the same story which Jonathan wasn't hearing but Sharpie did but didn't want to.

"Seriously, turn that shit off," Sharpie shook his head looking at the teammates next to him.

"But don't you want to know what they're saying about her?" Bolland questioned.

"Not really, I mean everytime something like that happens, it only hurts her and Tazer and I'm tired of hearing them fight."

"He's got a point," Soupy nodded.

"It's a no wonder that everyone has figured they've seen Jonathan Toews' girlfriend, Blaze, she was in the too-hot-for-TV Britney Spears music video "Touch of My Hand" with William Beckett of The Academy Is. That's one hot video. I wonder if he knew about that video and started the relationship based on that."

"I remember that video," Niklas smiled to himself, "That was hot."

"Wait," Sharpie looked at him, "You know about it?"

"Yeah, I thought everyone did," He shrugged, "Huge controversy for Britney a few years back. I thought everyone knew about it."

"I didn't peg you as being a Britney fan," Soupy smirked at him.

"Shut up," He shoved hs teammate lightly.

Back at the hotel room, I had crashe into the bed in Sharpie's room, half tired from the trip already when the phone next to my bed rung. The game had been over for a while now but now it was just postgame and gettting out of the locker room. I sighed, sat up then pulled the phone off the nightstand to see it was Adam.

"Hey," I smiled into the phone, "How was your game tonight?"

"Good, we beat the Sens tonight," He sighed.

"Sweet," I smiled into the phone.

"What about the guys?"

"No, they lost against San Jose," I stretched, "Which is why I'm sleeping in Sharpie's room again tonight."

"Yeah Captain Serious and all, "Adam sympathized with me.

"Yeah."

"So, hey, um," Adam drew out which I knew he had something to tell me.

"What?"

"There's talk about this Britney Spears video you were in."

"Touch of My Hand?" I questioned not fully understanding what he was talking about.

"Yeah."

"Dude, that was a few years ago," I sighed feeling a smile creep on m y face, "I thought everyone had seen it already."

"Yes, but I didn't realize it was you."

"It was when I worked at Coyote, Britney offered me the job, brought in William Beckett and the rest, well it was too hot for TV."

"I know."

"So?" I shrugged, "It's not like I hide it, I just never mentioned it since I figured people either seen it or didn't and it was no big deal."

"I'm just saying, have you told Jonathan about it?"

"No and if he gets upset about it or what happens in it then he's an idiot. I mean I didn't even meet him when it was filmed so it's not like I cheated on him," I ran a hand through my hair, "And if he's upset and fights over this, I'm not sure I can stay with him much longer than."

"You don't mean that."

"Adam, I'm tired of defending what I used to do to him, if he can't just love me for now, than I don't know. It's not like I killed someone or was in jail, it's nothing serious."

"You two are so stubborn."

"Like I haven't heard that before," I rolled my eyes.

"Well hey, I'm heading out with the team for drinks. Happy Thanksgiving, babe."

"You too," I smiled, "You better call me later and when you come home to Chicago, you better come hang out with me again."

"You know I will. Night."

I hung up the phone with Adam to slowly fall into a light sleep. I heard the room door open and then Sharpie set his things down by the bed, then a knock at the door and Sharpie talking to someone. I wasn't paying much attention until I heard the door open and Sharpie mention something about going to get some ice. The bed next to me sunk in next to me and I felt a pair of arms go around me.

"You know I love you right?" I heard Jonathan whisper into my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"I love you too," I turned to face him as I met his eyes in dark.

"You're beautiful," He kissed my lips as I smiled.

"So I take it that you heard about the video?"

"Yeah, Kaner shown me it," He smiled, "That was hot."

"You're not pissed because I didn't tell you, are you?"

"No," He smiled at me, "It's your life, it's not like I'm going to tell you what to do."

"Thank you."

"Besides, when we get home I was kinda hoping me, you'd show me those things from that video."

"Tazer, you're a cheeky bastard," I snickered as he kissed my lips.

"Well I would've asked you now but I don't think Sharpie would want to hear those things next to him."

"No, he wouldn't," Sharpie mentioned walking back into the door as I turned my head to look at him, "Now if you two excuse me, I'm taking a shower. That doesn't mean make use of that time."

"We'll be good," I smiled at him.

"You better," He half glared in the dim light, "Bad enough when you lived with me."

"He's still sore about our wild nights," I turned back to Jonathan as Sharpie headed to the shower.

"He doesn't have to worry about that now."

"Unless you piss me off and I move back in," I teased, "And you have to make up with me."

"Yeah, let's not let that happen."

"You know what we should do?" I questioned settling into him more.

"What?"

"Get a dog," I smiled at him as he was about to speak but I stopped him, "Think about it. We could get a dog now and when our kids are growing up, they'll have that dog with them and then when you're gone it'll make me feel safer to be alone."

"We'll talk about it when we get home," He cleared his throat.

"Fine," I smiled at him, "and that could lead into wedding plans."

"If I buy you a dog, will you not talk about wedding with me?" He groaned closing his eyes.

"Haha, like hell," I shoved him lightly with a smile, "You're the one who looked for the ring and asked me to marry him, so now you have no choice."

"I figured," He moved me closer into him, "Can I at least sleep?"

"Yeah," I smiled watching his eyes close and the stress leave his facial features from tonight's lose, "You're amazing."