The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Old Friends

We finally got back in Chicago after the semi-long road trip. Something that I was glad to do since I missed being home, not to mention, it was more comfortable being back in Jonathan's apartment.

The only downside was the team had a game tomorrow night on the 30th which meant he had morning practice, maybe time to hang out with me, then it'd be straight to the game. The only good thing was getting to spend time withi Talia if she wasn't too busy. And if not, I could always spend the day alone up until the game. It would give me time to have peace and quiet and get things done.

"Hey," Jonathan smiled as he sat on the couch next to me.

"Hey" I smiled leaning into him.

"How are you feeling?" He wrapped his arms around me.

"Huge," I smiled lightly, feeling his fingers run across the ever growing bump, "I can't wait for them to be here."

"I know," He smiled lightly.

"What time is morning practice?"

"10, I gotta leave at 8 maybe earlier."

"That sucks," I looked up at him slightly.

"Just means you can have the whole day to yourself."

"Maybe, or hang out with Talia," I smiled at him.

"Girls and their talk," He sighed.

"Shut up," I shoved him lightly then let out a small yawn.

"Tired?"

"It's been a long, well while," I nodded, "Road trip and the twins make me tired quicker."

"Come on, let's go to bed."

Jonathan helped me up from the couch then took me to our bedroom. I must've been more tired than I thought since I blacked out quickly to a peaceful sleep. The only time I woke up again was that morning to the bed moving at 7, and Jonathan getting all his things around for practice.

"Hey," Jonathan whispered leaning over the bed, "I'm going to practice now."

"I figured," I smiled at him slightly stretching.

"Remember if you need anything, call, ok?"

"I will," I smiled at him as he kissed my lips lightly.

"Kaner's coming to lunch with us today."

"Ok," I nodded.

"Love you."

"Love you too," I smiled at him as he walked out of the room.

I pulled the covers around me tighter since the winter air was cold against my body. I couldn't really sleep but found an hour to at least keep my eyes closed. By time it was 8, I got out of bed, found some sweat pants, one of Jonathan's hoodies then my shoes before I headed out. Grabbing my keys and phone, I made my way to Empire Records just to hang out with Aj and Burko for a while and to check up on the store that I haven't been to in a while.

It was a Tuesday and we usually got shipment in, so that's something I could do to keep myself entertained for the time being. Stepping into the store, the music was already playing, Mark was cleaning as well as some new employees as I headed to the back room to find Aj, who was technically taking my place when I couldn't be here.

"Knock, knock," I smiled leaning against the office door to see AJ working on paperwork.

"Blaze," AJ smiled as I walked into the office, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I'm kinda bored and wanted to see if you need help."

"Pretty much got it covered," He smirked at me, "but you can still hang out. How have things been?"

"Good, just got back from the road trip," I stretched, "And they've got a game tonight."

"How are the twins?" AJ questioned.

"Good, making me blow up," I rolled my eyes.

"You look good though," He smiled.

"Thank you," I smiled back at him.

"AJ," Mark walked into the office, "William's here."

"Ok, thanks, send him back here."

"Ok," Mark nodded, "Hey Blaze."

"Hey Mark," I smiled to watch him leave the office, "William?"

"I was going to tell you but-" AJ started when I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Hey AJ," William spoke softly to be the one and only William Beckett that I haven't seen in a few months.

"William?" I stood up slowly to look at him.

"Blaze?" He questioned.

"Oh my god," I hugged him quickly, "It's been a while."

"Yeah, apparently," He looked me up and down, "I guess I've missed out on a lot since, what, May?"

"You have," I smirked at him.

"Sorry."

"Hey, it happens," I nodded breaking away from him, "What are you doing here?"

"AJ wanted us to play here tomorrow night and I was coming to make sure everything's good."

"Maybe I'll have to stop by and see you guys," I smiled at him.

"We'd like that," He smiled, "So what are you doing today?"

"Going to the game with Jonathan, well watching him," I shrugged, "But nothing other than that. You?"

"Just heading over to Q101 for a while and then getting some lunch," He smiled at me, "Wanna come with?"

"Sure," I nodded.

"Cool."

"Well, hey, I'm going to go pee, so let me know when you finish talking to AJ and I'll go with you."

As William talked to AJ, I went to the bathroom then waited out in the store for him to come meet me. As I did so, I called Jonathan's phone which I knew he probably wouldn't answer but I left him a message anyways.

"Hey, I ran into an old friend this morning and I'm going to go hang out with him for a while and get some lunch. So um, call me when you get this and I'll see you tonight. Love you."

I hung up the phone to see a smiling William Beckett.

"Ready to go?" He questioned.

"Are you driving or do you want me?"

"The pregnant girl drive?" He smirked, "Last time I let you drive me anywhere you weren't pregnant and you suffered from road rage."

"Hey, I've gotten better," I pouted.

"I'll drive," He smiled, "That way you can tell me all about everything that's been going on. Especially how you fell in love with the captain of the Chicago Blackhawks."

"Of course."

"And he's not going to be mad that you're hanging out with me?"

"He shouldn't," I shrugged getting into William's car, "It'd be stupid if he was."
♠ ♠ ♠
Getting my creative juices flowing again :)