The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Lunch with the Old Friend

"No way," I shoved William lightly as we walked through Merchandise Mart, "You have a daughter?"

"Yeah," He smiled then looked down at my stomach, "And you're having a son and daughter."

"You just didn't tell me," I rolled my eyes.

"Like you said anything about that," He smirked.

"Only because I haven't seen you in a while."

"Fair enough," He nodded walking with me as I took another sip off my Jamba Juice smoothie, "So how did you end up engaged to Stanley Cup Champion Chicaco Blackhawk captain, Jonthan Toews?"

"Well, actually," I started thinking back, "Paula Farris."

"As in NBC 5, Paula Farris?" William raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah," I nodded at him, "She was taking me to meet the team before the finals started but she didn't show up since she got called out to another story or something, so that left me all by myself. I met Jonathan Toews outside and he was sweet and all but I didn't really get to talk to him til after Joel took me into the stadium."

"Wow."

"Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love him but we used to not be able to stand each other. Hell the two of us still get on each other's nerves but a lot's happened."

"Like?" WIlliam questioned as he looked at me.

"Remember Chris?"

"Yeah Pronger," William gave a disgusted look as we continued walking, "I always hated him."

"Yeah well, he didn't actually like me either."

"Blaze," William stopped to look at me, "What happened?"

"I was stupid," I felt my eyes tear up, "I should've told someone sooner but I didn't think-"

"Come here," WIlliam hugged me lightly, "Did he-"

"There's so much to tell you that I don't know where to start," I wiped my eyes moving away from him.

"Aww sweetheart," He gave me a look.

"I'm fine now," I smiled lightly at him, "I found Jonathan and my hockey family, everything is better now."

"Yeah, you may be happy now but you need to talk to someone about those scars," He looked at me.

"I don't know," I shrugged trying to find a way to talk.

"Blaze, it'll help," He took my hand, a feeling of warmth going through my body, "Come on, I promise I won't say anything to anyone."

"Ok," I nodded as I followed William down the stairs and back to the busy, yet slightly cold streets of Chicago.

We walked down so many streets, far away from his car as I told him everything that happened between me and Chris. Everything. I didn't leave anything out to him, it's like the past few years, everything I hide, I let out and for once it felt good.

"Jonathan's a great guy," William smiled as I finished telling him about how much Jonathan's helped me, "Stubborn like you but he's perfect for you."

"Thank you."

"And he's helped you out so much," He smiled at me, "I couldn't stand it if you weren't here."

"Thank you," I blushed slightly, "You're a good friend William."

"I know," He smirked at me, digging in his pockets, "Speaking of. This is yours."

William took out a long silver chain that had a had a sparkling dolphin charm and one that read "santi" to hand it to me.

"I meant to give it to you, a while ago," He held it out to me, "The dolphin and santi are diamonds and the chain is white gold."

"William, I-" My mouth dropped open at the necklace as he went to clasp it around my neck.

"Don't say anything. It belongs to you.."

"But-"

"I know, it's probably the wrong time and the wrong place but think of it as a pre-wedding present for you."

"Thank you," I smiled then kissed his cheek.

"I should get youback to your car," He smiled but noticed it was getting later, "It's getting closer to game time."

"Right," I nodded half in shock yet but followed him back to his car.

The ride was a peaceful quiet. One that felt good since things were good and I finally talked to someone outside the hockey world about Chris. It was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. William pulled up next to my car as I got out and he opened his window.

"I'll call you."

"You better," I smirked.

"Same for you."

"You know I will," I gave him one last smile before opening my car door, "I'll see you later."

"Have fun tonight."

William drove off as I got in my car to head to the United Center to talk to Jonathan before the game. I checked my phone but there were no messages from him, which I hoped that he got my message.

Parking than grabbing my phone, I headed into the United Center and down to the locker room, hearing music come from the away team's locker room too. Stepping into the room, I got faint smiles from the other players, making me feel like I was in trouble or something. I walked over to Jonathan's space to find him slowly getting dressed again.

"Hey," I smiled at him as he looked up at me.

"Have fun with an old friend?" He questioned with a hint of anger in his voice.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I questioned with a smile.

"Nothing, just you said you were coming out to lunch today."

"Tazer, come on," I rolled my eyes at him, "You act like I was cheating on you. I'm not."

"Well-"

"Seriously?" I rolled my eyes, "I went out with an old friend, we ate, talked, and I'm still here on time."

"Which friend?"

"Does it matter?"

"Yes," He spoke lowly.

"Fine," I crossed my arms, "William. And before you ask, William Beckett."

"You hang out with him and expect me not to think you weren't cheating?"

"Uh, yeah," I gave him a look, "I swear to god, you can even call him, all we did was talk and eat. Well I went with him to get some things done but nothing like that."

"Where'd you get the necklace?" He questioned as I played with it.

"Abby," I blurted out mentally smacking myself but if I told him the truth, it wouldn't make anything better, "Tazer, stop being jealous. I love you."

"I love you too," He mumbled.

"Hey," I sat on his lap, "Stop being so grumpy, you'll make you're kids grumpy."

"I will not," He pouted.

"Yes you do, everytime you're grumpy, they don't sit still," I smirked at him.

"Swear nothing's going on with you and William?"

"Other than we're just friends, nothing else is going on."

"Ok," His fingers ran down my thigh.

"And you're home for a while now," I smiled wrapping my arms around his neck, "Means I get to spend time with you and the guys for a while."

"I like the sound of that."

"I knew you would," I smiled leaning in to kiss him slightly when Joel walked into the room, "And that's my cue."

"Aww," He groaned but I kissed his lips slightly.

"Don't be a baby," I smirked, "You better kick ass out there tonight."

I got off his lap to walk out the door to go take my seat with the fans, the best place to watch the games from. And being home with Jonathan for a while meant I got to hang out with him, our friends, and then the best part was Adam coming in for a Stars game which I was looking forward to again, especially since I knew he'd spend some time with me and Sharpie.