The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Sweet Dreams

Chris threw me up against the wall, my back hitting the metal railing causing me to wince from the pain but it didn't stop as he pushed his body weight into me.

"Chris, stop," I struggled against him, "You're hurting me."

"I thought you liked it rough?" He mentioned closely to me as his knee pushed into my pelvis, causing me to scream as he placed a hand over my mouth, "No screaming."

I did the first thing that came to my mind and bit down on his hand causing him to pull back then taking a swipe at the left side of my head then let me fall to the ground. It took me a few seconds to gain my composure as I slowly stood up while he moved back towards me. I kicked him hard in between the legs which he cuppled over at while it gave me that confidence I needed. It wasn't confidence as much as my anger from taking all this from him and the blows while I pushed him onto the ground then straddle his hips and deliver my blows to his face.

"See, doesn't feel so good doesn't?" I punched him again and again until he found his strength and pushed me off him again which I slid into the wall.

I watched as he started walking towards me again, when the ruckus in the room caused the door to fly open and the shadow that was looming over me got pinned against the wall. I looked up to see Adam standing, holding Chris up by the shirt with blood draining off hs face as I felt someone pick up my limp body.

I looked into a pair of concerned brown eyes, trying to catch my breath, not hearing anything that was going on around me. I just wanted to hurt Chris the way he hurt me. And I was tired of him coming back to try to do the one thing I'd kill him for.

"Hey," Jonathan mentioned while he held me up, "come on, let's get you cleaned up."

"Let me go," I struggled against him trying to get back at Chris again, "I want to hurt him."

"Blaze, let it go," Jonathan whispered in my ear as he let me go slowly and I nodded.

I watched as Adam let go of Chris then walk towards me to move me out of the room along with Jonathan and Sharpie. I could hear Chris chuckle to himself once my back was turned to him.

"That's right, save the little whore. She's only good for a good fuck!" Chris laughed which caused the rage in my eyes to come back as I turned around to run back to hurt him more but Adam caught me, along with Sharp as they pulled me out of the locker room.

The three of them took back to their locker room away from everyone but I knew Paula had seen my face and the cut that was bleeding over my left eye and on my lower lip now. My knuckles were raw, some bloodied but I didn't care. The team doctor looked at me, fixing every open cut that luckily didn't need stitches or anything but I didn't answer his questions.

Once he was done, I avoided everyone else in the locker room since I didn't want to tell anyone what happened or talk right now for that matter.

"Come on," Jonathan grabbed his things, "I'll take you home."

The ride home was quiet, my face kililng me, and my knuckles ached. Jonathan drove to his apartment instead of mine which I didn't object to.

So there I sat for the first time in this apartment without the company of other people around me. It was quiet, yet still homey as I sat at his kitchen table.

"Will you be ok while I change?" He questioned since he was still in his suit, my only response was a quiet nod which he took as his cue to go change.

He came back now dressed in some shorts and a t-shirt, rummaged through his kitchen then walked back with a two mugs, some rum, and two cans of coke. I watched him mix the drink in front of me then slide a glass towards me before finally sitting down.

"Thanks," I mentioned while taking a quick drink off the mug.

"Are you ok?" He asked completely concerned, "Be honest with me."

"Not entirely," My fingers ran across the rim of the glass, "it felt good to get a few blows in to him but it didn't stop how much I hated him."

"You did some pretty good damage."

"Yeah," I looked up at him slowly meeting his eyes. "Thanks for saving me when you did. If you didn't, I knew where it was going to go."

"You mean he would've-" Jonathan questioned as I nodded.

"I don't know why he thinks he should but his claim would be I was willing."

"I'm sorry."

"You don't have anything to be sorry for," I shrugged as his face was serious, "It's not like you tell Chris to do these things to me, 7 months after we broke up."

"You broke up with him 7 months ago?" His eyesbrows now raised in curiousity.

"Yeah," I smiled lightly, "I thought that would mean he'd leave me alone but I guess now he doesn't think rules to apply to him or something."

"You should press charges, get a restrainging order?" Jonathan suggested as I shrugged.

"Maybe."

"Not maybe, this is a matter of life and death."

"Jonathan, just let it go," I spoke lightly, "He isn't worth it."

"But you are," Jonathan got serious as I didn't know what to say.

"Yeah right?" I rolled my eyes at him, "I've got bruises all ove me now, I'm half crazy for not pressing charges, I give you grief. je suis bete."

"Did you just speak French?" His eyes went wide for a second while I nodded.

"Second language," I smiled lightly waiting for him to repsond to me.

"You're still beautiful," He moved his chair closer to me, the scrapping sounds of it hitting the floor, echoed through the apartment.

"You think?"

"I know," He smiled to slowly catch my lips with his in a soft kiss careful not to hurt me more.

Soon that kiss turned more passionate until Jonathan lightly bumped the cut on my lip as I jumped back.

"Sorry."

"You're fine," I smiled at him as I stiffled back a yawn.

"Tired?"

"Un petit peu," I flashed him a smile as he stood up.

"I'll get you something to wear."

"You don't have to."

Jonathan just chuckled as he went to his room to come back with a pair of his boxers and an old shirt. He pointed me in the direction of his bathroom in which I changed then met him back on the couch as he was watchin g the late night news report for the time being. I sat next to him on the couch while he pulled me into him as I smiled. Not even 20 minutes later, he laid down on the couch, pulling me close to his body as I laid in his arms, listening to his heart beat.

"You've had one crazy week haven't you?" I heard Jonathan let out a slight chuckle.

"Yeah, meeting you, dealing with Chris, moving. The good things are balancing it all out though."

"Did you always want to end up like this?" He questioned as he played with my hair.

"My parents wanted me to marry Chris," I smiled lightly, "They thought he was the best person for me. Wanted me to become that top chef person, make money cooking for others. That's how I ended up at the cullinary field."

"But?"

"I like my job at the record store," I smiled lightly, "And working for the news crew even if they are divas for the most part."

"What about meeting us?"

"Best thing ever," I looked up at him with a smile, "I mean sure I've got people who look out for me but you guys, you mean the world even though I haven't known you that long."

"And me?"

"I love terrorizing you, yet you found a way to get inside my heart," I half chuckled, "As serious as you are."

"Same for you and you're childness."

"Hey," I looked back at him again to see him smile down at me.

"You're too cute," He kissed me lightly as I rolled my eyes.

"You know you can't get rid of me," I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Wouldn't want to," He smiled again, "Bon nuit."

"Bon nuit," I mumbled lightly as I felt him kiss my temple as my eyes closed.

Soon I found myself falling asleep in his arms in that spot which was peaceful until someone started pounding on his door, waking us both up.