The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

6 Days Before Christmas

Time flies when you're busy with a lot of things. One being Empire, the other being the dance studio, then of course doctor's appointments, going to games, hanging out with my friends, all that jazz.

I did get to hang out with Adam for a while when he was in town. We made plans to hang out again sometime after Christmas or something, along with me making plans to hang out with William again too.

Right now, there was just a home game again which I wanted to go to but lucky me, I had to work at Empire since AJ was the only one there, seeing as everyone either went home for the holiday or was sick. It wasn't too bad in the store though, it was busy but calm since it was just cold but luckily no snow.

"Hey, I'm gonna make a coffee run," AJ mentioned grabbing his coat, "Want anything?"

"Can't," I smiled lightly at him, "I'm kinda limiting caffiene right now."

"Jamba Juice smoothie?"

"Five Fruit Frenzy," I smiled at him.

"I'll be back," He smiled walking out the door

Five and a half months pregnant, almost 6 and I still wasn't that big. I think it scared some people but the doctor said everything was fine and the twins were healthy. We were still thinking of names, making lists of what we could name them. I happened to think it was cute the way Jonathan was all serious with that bright smile while thinking of being a dad. Not that the two of us weren't scared out of our minds, cause me were, it was just exciting about it all.

Jonathan.

I got up from my seat to turn our TV monitors to the Hawks game that just started. Some customers complained about it since we were a record store, but it's fucking Chicago people and I'm a hockey girl. Even if the last hockey player I dated was an ass, I still loved the sport. Not to mention it gave me a break from the current holiday playlist that was going through the speakers.

Not that I didn't love Christmas, it was my favorite holiday besides Halloween, just some songs did annoy me every now and then.

As the game slowly winded down, so did the crowd in the store. A nice light mood to the atmosphere since the Hawks did beat the Kings. AJ told me he'd finish closing the store, letting me get home early for once.

Stepping into mine and Jonathan's highly decorated place, thanks to moi, I sat my keys down then went to make some hot chocolate since I knew Jonathan would be home soon. I curled up on the couch, watching some random Christmas show when I finally heard the door open and seen Jonathan's body slide into view.

"Hey, congrats on the win tonight," I smiled as he sat his things down.

"Thanks. Wished you were there though," He looked at me, "The guys all missed you."

"Aww, I missed them too."

"So what are you doing?" He asked while walking over to me.

"Watching some random program on TV," I shrugged.

"I'll go shower and join you."

"Hurry back," I smiled at him as I went back to the TV.

I wasn't paying too much attention to the TV since I spent that time texting Sharpie, Burish, William, and Talia. Mainly it was about Christmas plans which I had no idea what I was doing. I don't know if Jonathan was going to see his family in Canada but I honestly didn't feel like traveling right now. Maybe it'd just be easier to bring them into town, that way we could spend time with our friends in town too.

Jonathan walked out of our bedroom, in pajama pants, pulling a shirt over his head and joining me on the couch.

"Hey, what are we doing for Christmas?" I questioned looking at him.

"My parents wanted to see me for the holiday and then we're having a team party."

"Do you think they'd mind coming here for Christmas?" I questioned looking down at my phone.

"No," He shrugged.

"Not sure if they're too thrilled about me though."

"Are you kidding?" He smiled at me, "They love you, they just weren't sure if you were staying with family for Christmas."

"Joe and Lucas are the only thing close to family I can even consider and they won't be here til the 27th. So that means you, and the team are my closest family type people."

"I'll call them in the morning and get them tickets for a flight here."

"Thanks," I smiled as I leant into him.

"Did you have plans or something?" He slightly chuckled.

"Well, Sharpie did say something about spending time with him and Abby, then Talia, William-"

"Yeah, kinda iffy on you hanging out with William," He cut me off.

"Don't be jealous," I smiled at him, "We're just friends, it's harmless."

"Yeah well-"

"No, no wells or anything like that," I stuck my tongue out at him, "We could always have some people over too."

"I like the sound of that."

"Figured," I smiled at him, "Maybe I could even bring Paula over sometime since technically if it wasn't for her, we might not even be together."

"That I doubt," He smiled at me.

"You still think we would've met each other?" I looked up at him.

"There's a reason for everything," He smiled down at me, "Maybe it wouldn't have been under those circumstances with what happened to you, maybe it would've been at some random coffee shop, radio station, but I don't know, I just got this feeling that you'd still be here."

"Just maybe dating Patrick Kane," I stuck my tongue out at him.

"You would," He rolled his eyes at me.

"Maybe," I smiled then felt a kick in my stomach, "Whoa."

"What?" He looked down at me.

"Did you feel that?" I looked speechless for a second.

"Feel what?" He questioned as I took his hand and placed them on my stomach to feel the kicking start again, "Wow."

"Right?" I smiled at him.

"Incredible," He spoke softly.

"Makes it more real huh?"

"Yeah," His fingers ran across my stomach.

"Crazy twins," I smirked then let out a yawn.

"Tired?"

"A bit. I still have to get some Christmas shopping done with Talia and Abby tomorrow."

"Come on, let's go to bed," He smiled helping me up and leading me to the bedroom.