The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Family Elsewhere

Once everyone got to the house, minus my dad and Chris, causing some tension snce I knew everyone could feel it. Plus Sharpie was on edge since he knew who was going to be there and he honestly couldn't stand him for more than one reason.

"Blaze," Abby stood up, "Wanna help me with the veggie tray in the kitchen?"

"Yeah," I stood up quickly, well as quickly as I could then looked at Jonathan, "I'll be in the kitchen if you need anything."

"Ok," I kissed him quickly then headed into the kitchen with Abby and Talia who soon followed.

I walked to the fridge to get carrots out and started cutting them while Talia sat on the counter watching me.

"You ok?"

"Fine," I chopped the carrots, taking out my anger on them, "My parents who I haven't seen in forever and my crazy abusive ex are at my apartment. I'm just peachy."

"We can kick them out?" Talia suggested.

"No, they'd only do something stupider to piss me off even more."

"Maybe I should cut these," Abby took the knife from my hands as I let out an aggrivated sigh.

"I need some fresh air," I mentioned walking towards the door and out without saying anything to anyone.

I made my way down to the street, feeling the cold winter air hit me in the face, trying to shake the feeling that I wanted a cigarette just to get rid of the stress when I heard Sharpie's voice call out for me. I didn't leave with a jacket, I didn't think of taking one, I just had to get out.

"Tazer, wanted to make sure you were ok?" He took off his coat to drape it over my shoulders.

"I'm not," I looked at him, "I don't want them to be here, I don't want Chris to be here. And I'm really trying to be nice, but Patrick they left me all those years ago, wanted me to do what they wanted, and now it just....hurts."

"I could tell, No use of Sharpie like always."

"I don't know," I shrugged.

"You do you know you're like family to all of us," He looked at me, "Me, Abby, Talia, Duncs, Seabs, Hammer, Kaner, and Bur, hell the whole team."

"I know."

"Even all the newer guys that don't know much about you and Jonny, you're family to them. Hell even Stan thinks of you as a daughter."

"Yeah."

"We've all got your back," He smiled nudging me lightly, "And trust me, it's taking a lot for us to sit there, knowing Chris will be here any minute in the same room and not beat the shit out of him."

"Thank you," I smiled as he hugged me.

"Now let's get back in, it's freezing out here."

"Right," I snickered following Sharpie back into the apartment then handing him his coat back.

Jonathan was sitting in a chair which I decided on sitting on his lap when Chris walked into the apartment with my dad. Jonathan's fingers entwined with a free hand of mine as the other two took a seat across from us.

"So Blaze, dear," My dad started "Chris told me the two of you broke up?"

"Yeah, a while ago," I glared at Chris, "He cheated on me, among other things."

"But he's single again," My dad mentioned as my mouth dropped open.

"You left Gia?" I looked at him.

"She left me."

"Did you hurt her too?" I scouffed.

"No, she was seeing someone else already," He looked down.

"Oddly enough I feel a tiny bit bad for you but ha," I looked at him.

"Blaze," My mom warned, "What's wrong with you? Chris is a great guy, he deserves more respect than that."

"Respect?" I raised my eye brow at her, "You want me to show him respect?"

"It's the least you could do after you walked out on him."

"Did he happen to tell you why I left his ass?"

"Something about being a dancer in a club-" She waved her hand, "Which by the way I talked to the college and they said you could come back this spring and I even signed you up for-"

"No," I looked at her.

"What'd you say?"

"I said no. Mom, I'm a choreographer and own Empire Records now. I'm not doing what you want anymore."

"So you think you're better off with Jonathan here?"

"A million times better."

"Doubtful."

I gritted my teeth as I looked at her wanting to scream but took a deep breath, "You wanna know the truth about Chris? The one you claim is such a good person?"

"Blaze," Chris whispered trying to get me not to say it.

"That "so-called" good man over there, beat the shit out of me, so much I lost count, he tried to rape me! He drugged me to get me to sleep with him and the asshole stabbed me!"

"I see," She looked at Chris, "And what'd you do to make him want to start it."

"Absolutely nothing!" I yelled at her as I felt someone pull me back, "I tried to make it fucking work but I got tied of getting the shit beat out of me. He even fucking did it when I broke up with him!"

"And you never hurt him?"

"Only to defend myself!" I started when I left Niklas pull me into him as Jonathan stood up.

"I think you need to leave," Jonathan spoke first.

"We're taking our daughter with us," My mom spoke.

"No, you're not," I glared at her.

"Get out," Jonathan warned.

"I'm so sorry," Chris stood in front of me.

"Little late for that, don't you think?" I scouffed as the three of them left the apartment.

"You ok?" Niklas questioned as I nodded, just as Jonathan walked up to me to pull me into his arms.

"It's ok, they're gone."

"God," I let out a frustrated sigh, "If only I could drink."

"Yeah," Jonathan laughed.

"Well since that's over," Duncan spoke, "Anyone up for poker?"

"That actually does sound fun," I smiled up at Jonathan.

"I'll get the cards," He sighed letting me go.