The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Parents Arrival

Finally two days before Christmas. That meant Jonathan's mom, dad, and brother were coming in and the team party was tonight. I was busy working on cookies, pies, that sort of thing for the Christmas dinner as Jonathan straightened the apartment up.

"Hey, are you picking up your family today or are they renting a car?" I asked slowly stirring in candied cherries into the cookie dough.

"I've got to go pick them up in a few hours," He nodded.

"Ok," I shrugged, "Just be careful on the snow."

"Of course," He smirked.

Jonathan left about a hour later to pick up his parents and run a few errands, while I cleaned up the rest of the apartment and finished cooking. My phone had been buzzing for about an hour, something I was trying to ignore but it finally got to me so I looked down at it. Lots of missed calls and texts from AJ. I was about to call him back when he called me again.

"What AJ?" I sighed with an eyeroll that I knew he couldn't see but you could hear it in my voice.

"Sorry," He apologized, "Um, how are you?"

"Good, sorta stressed and wondering why one of my friends is calling me so many times and driving me crazy."

"Well-" He drew out.

"Don't stall."

"Ok, so remember how we all went out for your 20th birthday to Hollywood, for those 2 weeks before you turned 20?"

"Yeah my rebelish last days of being 19."

"And remember how you met Quinn that one night and the two of you spent the night, well those few nights-"

"Which is why I barely seen any of you."

"Yeah and then those two weeks you went with him."

"Is this going somewhere because I kinda have to-"

"You're sorta kinda a big topic on the internet right now," AJ rushed out.

"What?!?" My mouth dropped open.

"Well you are kinda a big thing now. You're aren't exactly dating someone low key."

"Yeah and I'm not dating Brad Pitt."

"No, but it's Jonathan Toews and a lot of people want to know who you are and of course they're going to dig up things from your past."

"You're right," I sighed slowly sitting on the couch, "And it shouldn't matter since this all happened before Jonathan."

"You should still tell him."

"Yeah, no. So not sure telling the soon-to-be husband that I spent two weeks pretty much just fucking Quinn Alllman of The Used."

"You two are both honest about things right?" AJ questioned.

"Yeah."

"You need to tell him first since everyone's finding out before people blow it into something that it's not."

"Point made," I thought for a second.

"And in case there isn't anything that comes up."

"Meaning?" I questioned.

"Are there any photos or videos that shouldn't be made public that someone may get ahold of that shouldn't."

"Uh," I tried to think back to that lust filled vacation I took.

"You don't remember?"

"Pardon me for soon after that meeting probably one of the most hateful people ever and trying to block out things from that."

"You need to tell Jonathan."

"I will," I sighed, "But thank you for letting me know."

"Hey, what are friends for?"

"Thanks and Merry Christmas AJ."

"Merry Christmas," He smiled which I could hear over the phone, "I'll see you on New Year's Eve."

"Yup."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone to finsh my baking which was almost done. I took a look around the apartment, feeling my nervousness and jitters from everything, disappear as I looked at all our decorations. I don't know why but for some reason, all the decorations made me happy. Even when I spent that time with Chris, Christmas was always my favorite time of the year.

I started the coffee pot and apple cider about half an hour later when Jonathan texted me that they were on the way to house. I was stoked to see his family again since they all took me in like one of their own. The light hit my ring as I smiled and took a seat to watch something on TV for the time being.

Jonathan and his family soon walked into the apartment, his parents rushing up to me to hug me as he pulled some of their bags in with his brother.

"You look so pretty," His mom gushed as she hugged me.

"Thank you."

"How are the twins?"

"Still active," I smiled at her.

"Aw come sit," She smiled walking to the couch.

"Ok," I nodded to look at Jonathan, hugging him quickly, "I love you."

"I love you," He kissed me quickly, "I gotta go get the rest of their bags though."

"But you're so cuddly," I pouted.

"I'll be back," He laughed, "Don't forget we've got the team party tonight."

"Of course," I smiled at him.

"David," Jonathan smiled and nodded to his brother, "Come help me."