The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Team Party

After dinner with Jonathan's parents, the two of us got dressed for the team party. It was a bit weird though since we felt awkward getting dressed in our room while his parents were in the other. Imagine that? Sleeping with their son and now having his twins and now I feel awkward with them around.

I slid into a simple red dress that went down to mid thigh and had a low v-cut in the front. I sat on the edge of the bed, strapping on my heels the best I could when Jonathan walked over to me. He knelt down to help put on my shoes which I smiled at.

"Thank you," I smiled at him.

"You look beautiful," He smiled standing up taking my hands to help me up as well.

"Really?" I looked down at myself.

"Yes," He smiled.

"I just gotta fix my make up," I smiled at him.

"Hurry up," He kissed my cheek with a smile.

I finished making sure that my smokey eye look was ok, as well as the eyeliner before putting on some earrings and of course there was William's necklace still around my neck, which went with the dress and Jonathan never questioned it. Grabbing my silver clutch purse, I headed out the bedroom door as Jonathan stood up.

"Mom, dad, we'll be back soon," Jonathan took my hand.

"Nonsense, have fun you two," His mom smiled looking at us, "You two need it."

"Thank you," I smiled tucking a piece of hair behind my ear than looking at Jonathan, "Come on Captain, let's go have fun."

Jonathan drove to the party, me watching the city lights reflecting off the snow and the lights in the buildings before we got there. It was magical. I felt Jonathan's hand reach across the car to take my hand as I smiled at him.

Once at the party, Jonathan stayed around for a while until he got pulled away from our small group by Hossa and a few other teammates. I sat with Abby, Sharpie, Hjarlmarsson, and Seabs while he mingled with everyone else.

"So how's it having his parents over?" Duncan questioned with a smile at me.

"So far so good," I shrugged with a deep sigh added to the end, "Nothing crazy has been happening."

"Just give it a bit," He smirked.

"But his parents love me," I looked at him.

"True doesn't mean they won't do something that'll get under your skin. Parents do that you know," He chuckled a bit.

"Ssh, don't ruin it," I shushed him to have Jonathan join us back at the couch.

"Hey," He smiled sipping on his drink.

"Have fun?" I questioned looking at my phone than into his eyes.

"Aren't you?" He looked serious.

"Of course I am," I smiled but moved to stand up, "But I really gotta pee, so could you hold this?"

I handed Jonathan my phone as I got up from the seat with Abby to walk to the bathroom.

While I was in the bathroom, my phone had been buzzing since I switched it to vibrate, causing it to gain Jonathan's attention every time it did. He jumped again when it buzzed then let out a sigh after looking at the screen.

"Everything ok, Tazer?" Sharpie looked at him.

"Blaze's phone just keeps buzzing," He looked at it.

"Well she does have two jobs, and you know how demanding that can be," He shrugged.

"It's all from William."

"Read it," Seabs shrugged.

"Yeah don't do that," Duncan rolled his eyes.

"You trust her right?" Sharpie asked.

"Yeah," Jonathan sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Then don't read it," Hjarlmarsson added.

"He's right," Sharpie looked at him.

"But why would it be the same number?" Seabs questioned.

"She'll let him know," Sharpie glared at him, "Seriously Tazer, trust her."

"I just-" Jonathan started when I walked back to the group to see Jonathan looking at my phone.

"You should trust me," I held out my hand with a glare as he placed it back in mine, "And listen to everyone else."

"William's been texting you," Jonathan glared at me.

"Crikey," I rolled my eyes at him, "I told you there's nothing going on between us. He's probably texting me about New Years since a lot of people are going to be around."

"Read it."

"I will later," I sat down next to him, "Seriously, stop being so jealous."

"It's just-"

"Ah-" I stopped him talking placing a finger on his lips, "No more explaining how you're jealous about my friends."

"I'm not," He started but I kissed him to hear everyone 'aww' around us.

"I love you. I mean it," I smiled at him.

"I love you too," He smiled.

We spent the rest of the party until 1 am hanging out with friends and the team before finally heading back to the apartment. Jonathan's arms were around my waist and his lips were attacking my neck as I tried to open the door.

"Jonathan," I giggled, "Stop."

"You just look amazing," He mumbled into my neck.

"Well stop," I giggled then opened the door to walk inside with him still attached to me.

"No," He mumbled again as I did my best to lock the door again, then had his hands fall down to my hips, slowly starting to kiss me when we heard someone clear their throats.

"As much as you love each other," David started looking at us, "That's something I so don't want to see as I try to get some water."

"Sorry David," I giggled feeling Jonathan drag me to our room.

"And use protection!" He shouted towards the closing door.

"Too late," Jonathan smirked to start kissing me again.