The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Christmas Eve Part I

"Sweetheart," Jonathan's mom approached me walking into the kitchen, "You've been in the kitchen all day. Go, sit, get off your feet."

"But there's so much to do," I pushed a strand out of my hair while working on some other Christmas cookie.

"I'll get it done," She smiled, "You shouldn't be on your feet entire time."

"You don't have to, you're our guest," I smiled at her.

"It's fine," She shrugged, "I can get David to help cook too."

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it."

I slowly sat down the spoon, letting her take over as I walked back out to the living room where Jonathan and his dad were. I sat on the couch next to Jonathan, listening to the two of them talk about upcoming hockey games, past games, playing hockey in Canada, something a normal girl would hate to hear but I loved all the hockey talk. In fact, I understood it too, working in the sports department of the news station for the longest time.

"Sorry," Jonathan looked at me, "I know you probably don't want to hear about hockey."

"It's fine," I shrugged with a smile, "Pretty much all my friends are hockey players or involved with hockey. And in case you failed to notice, kinda a hockey girl."

"Oh yeah," He smirked nudging me slightly.

"Oh crikey, what are we going to do for dinner tonight?" I questioned finally realizing that I had been too busy baking that I forgot about dinner.

"Don't worry about that," Jonathan's dad smiled at me, "It's all taken care of."

"That's good and all but you don't have to-" I started.

"Dad called for pizza and pasta tonight," Jonathan smiled at me, "And I told Kaner he could come over with his family for a while."

"Oh," I nodded at him, "Didn't we just see him?"

"Yes," He chuckled, "But you know you love hanging out with Kaner."

"True but would you be totally against me bringing a friend over tonight too?"

"No," He shrugged pulling me into him.

"Yay," I smiled taking his arm off my shoulders, "I'll be right back then."

I bounced my best off the couch towards the bedroom where my phone was. The snow was starting to fall lightly into the street, just as the sky was growing darker even though it was only like 6 pm. I picked up the phone to dial the number, waiting for the person I wanted to, to answer their phone. Finally after three rings, I heard the voice I was waiting on.

"Hello?"

"William," I smiled into the phone, "Would you wanna come hang out for a while tonight?"

"Umm, maybe for a while."

"Yay," I smiled thinking, "It'll make me less nervous with Jonathan's parents around."

"Ah, the parents," He let out a knowing sigh.

"Yeah and we're having pizza and pasta but I sorta have a craving for Mrs. Field's cookies more than anything."

"I'll pick you up some," He chuckled into the phone.

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it,."

I hung up the phone to head into the living room again and sit on Jonathan's lap. The house was actually quiet now which meant his parents went out to get the food most likely.

"Have I told you how much I love you?" I questioned wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Not lately," He teased.

"Well then," I kissed his lips lightly, "I know for a fact that I love you to death."

"Is so that so?" He questioned.

"Yes," I kissed his lips again, waiting for him to kiss back but he didn't.

"Prove it," He whispered.

"Really want me to to?" I questioned.

"Yes," He whispered.

"Fine," I smirked standing up as he looked clueless.

I started walking towards the door, his eyes watching me the entire time, "Where are you going?" was all I heard him question.

I headed out the door but heard him follow to the elevator, which took me to the top floor then to the door labeld "Roof" which had a flight of stairs to walk up which wasn't that bad. The whole time, I didn't say anything, just walked farther ahead of him with a smile on my face. Once I made it to the roof, the cold air hit me, sending a slight shiver but in a good way down my spine. I looked up at the sky to see the snowflakes falling, spinning slightly in them.

Jonathan chuckled behind me while I walked towards the edge, having him follow. He tried to wrap his arms around me but I pushed him away with a smirk and shook my head. That confusion washed over his face again but I turned to face the streets below us.

"I love you, Jonathan Toews!" I screamed out to the world.

"What are you doing?" He laughed watching me.

"Telling the entire world how much I love you," I smiled at him.

"Has anyone told you, you're crazy?" He laughed pulling me into him.

"Many times," I looked up at him with a smirk, "But you know you love me for it."

"I do," He smiled then leant down to kiss my lips softly.

"Told you I love you," I smirked at him as he pulled away.

"You're so cute," He smiled kissing me again, letting his tongue move past my lips slowly.

We were slowly making out on the rooftop of our building when I shivered from the cold winter air. Jonathan broke away from me with a smile on his face as he pulled his hoodie off and handed it to me.

"Thank you," I smiled at him.

"Come on," He motioned with his head towards the door, "Let's get back before everyone else does."

"Ok."

His cold fingers entwined with mine, leading me back to the elevator, in which he wrapped his arms around my waist, keeping me warmer.

"Hey, can we wait up for Santa?" I questioned looking back at him.

"Santa?" He chuckled, his warm breath hitting my ear.

"Yeah, you know, just the two of us, cuddling on the couch, watching the Christmas Tree lights blink," I smiled thinking of the perfect night, "Maybe some hot chocolate on the table next to us."

"Where do you think of these things?" His smile grew bigger.

"It's not a bad thing."

"No," He shrugged, "I like the sound of that."

"All from my pretty little head," I smiled