The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Christmas Eve and Other Stories

Everyone felt the awkward tension in the room now. It was like everyone was afraid to speak something or even leave.

"Well," William sighed, "I should be going. Merry Christmas Blaze and I'll talk to you later."

"Yeah. Merry Christmas," I smiled at him giving him a hug, "I'll call you later."

I watched as he left then everyone else soon followed suit. That left me and Jonathan in the room, him getting up slowly as I bit my lip.

"I-"

"Were you planning on telling me about you and Quinn Allman?" He questioned.

"To be fair, what happened between the two of us happened way before I even met you," I started.

"It doesn't matter," He watched me, "It's out in the news now. People will make it something that just happened."

"I was hoping it didn't," I mumbled.

"But it will. People want to know who you are," He added.

"Well if it's that big of a deal," I sighed shaking my head, "Why don't I just walk out that door and make things easier for you?"

"Blaze," Jonathan called as I headed towards the door, not stopping, "Blaze, wait."

Jonathan reached out for me as I turned to look at him, my breathing heavy from not wanting to cry or scream or anything. I knew this could happen being me, and him being him but still, it shouldn't matter.

"I don't want you to leave," He sighed, running his thumb across the back of the hand.

"But you want me to tell you about everyone I dated, kissed, or whatever before I met you?" I questioned, "And you can keep all yours a secret?"

"I'm not," He sighed again, "And you don't have to."

"I promise you, whatever you hear was all in the past."

"I know and it shouldn't bother me but it just," He shrugged, "Gets under my skin."

"Wow," I smirked moving a bit closer to him, "Now I finally know what it feels like to make someone jealous."

"Yeah, I wouldn't exactly call it fun," He rolled his eyes at me.

"No, but it just shows how much you like me."

"I'd say it's more than like," He looked down a bit than back at me, his eyes still half wondering.

"Is it too late to ask if you wanna cuddle and watch holiday movies with me as we wait for Santa?" I played with his fingers.

"Why don't you take a shower and I'll make some popcorn?" He smiled at me.

"Does that mean we're cool?" I asked with hopeful eyes.

"Yeah," He pulled me into him, "I love you."

"Love you too," I smiled at him as I went towars the bedroom, which had our bathroom.

I found some comfy pajamas to wear, mainly red silk pajama pants and a red tank top, then one of Jonathan's hoodies to wear to bed. Sure the apartment was warm but it still had that winter chill to it, not to mention it was starting to snow again, making it the perfect Christmas Eve ever. Jonathan's parents and brother all went out to check out the lights and tree with Patrick for the evening, so they wouldn't be back for a while.

Stepping back out of the bedroom in pajamas, I joined Jonathan on the couch who had a plate of Christmas cookies, hot chocolate, and popcorn on the table, and the DVD player ready to start. He wrapped his arms around me, holding me closer to him as he pressed play on the player. The snow could be seen falling from the windows, making it feel like the perfect holiday, while our lights blinked around the apartment.

"See, this is all I ever wanted," I smiled up at him.

"It is nice," He smiled down at me while the movie started to be the actual full length The Santa Clause which I didn't see much of in the first place on it was on anyways.

"And you put one of my favorite movies on," I couldn't help but let out a bright smile now.

"Of course."

"I think this counts as one of the best Christmases ever."

"Even with that fight and the drama we just dealt with?" He looked down at me as I stretched across his lap.

"Yeah," I smiled up at him.

"And why is that?" He smirked.

"Well there's you, the snow falling outside, the Christmas Tree lights, you watching my favorite holiday movie with me," I smiled as his hands wandered down towards the baby bump, "And of course, you making me finally happy and complete."

"Aren't you still scared about them being here?"

"Maybe a bit," I shrugged, "But we'll get through it."

"Even with our fights?" He smirked.

"What normal couple doesn't fight?" I questioned.

"We're not exactly normal," He chuckled to himself.

"You know what I mean."

"Of course," He leant down to kiss my lips as I smiled.

We watched the movie for a while, Jonathan playing with my hair as my eyes slowly started to shut. I could still hear things around me, being a light sleeper and all but I found sleep pulling me in at the same time.

It wasn't til 11 or so when Jonathan's family came back into his apartment, making noise but Jonathan mentioned them to keep quiet as they smiled at me. Jonathan's mom walked past him kissing him on the head as they headed to bed.

"Merry Christmas," She whispered.

"Merry Christmas mom," He smiled at her, watching them walk off since she was making the dinner in the morning.

David took a seat in the chair next to his couch to smile at his brother who was still playing with my hair.

"You really love her don't you?" He questioned.

"I don't know what I'd do without her," He smiled looking down at me.

"You two are perfect for each other," He smiled back watching me sleep, "I still can't believe that I'm about to be an uncle, to twins for that matter."

"It's amazing."

"Are you scared?" He asked.

"A little," He shrugged slightly.

"You know Kaitlin was asking about you," David added, "I told her that you're engaged."

"Good, she knows that I don't want to talk to her again," Jonathan half glared.

"It's funny what a Stanley Cup will do to you," David chuckled.

"Yeah bring out all the crazy ex-girlfriends," He snickered.

"Blaze is a great girlfriend," David nodded agreeing with his brother, "Don't let her get away."

"I won't," He smiled.

"Night bro," He stood up, "I'll see you in the morning."

"Night," He smiled.

Jonathan pulled a blanket over the two us as he snuggled up against me, the snow falling outside, and tree lit up. It was probably the perfect ending to a somewhat shaky evening.