The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

After Christmas

The smell of ham cooking in the oven woke me from my sleep on the couch. Jonathan was still asleep next to me as I sat up to stretch. No one else was in the living room, but I knew people had to start waking up.

Looking out the window, I seen the street covered with a blanket of snow, making it look like everything sparkled. I smiled as I then leant over Jonathan and kissed him on the cheek, watching his eyes flutter open.

"Merry Christmas," I smiled at him as he slowly sat up.

"Merry Christmas," He smiled.

"Come on, let's get dressed."

The two of us got dressed than joined his family for Christmas the entire day. We spent it eating, opening gifts, and telling stories of past holidays. It was a good day since it finally felt like a family gathering that I haven't had in a long time. The only thing missing were Joe and Lucas being here but they both went back to New York and wouldn't be back in town until January again.

Jonathan's parents and brother went to bed early which meant it was just the two of us still up. He had a home game tomorrow and had to be up early to get to the United Center but still, I had time with him before he hit the road again.

I got dressed in some Under Armour pants and a tank top to climb into bed as Jonathan joined me in bed just in boxers. He wrapped his arms around my body, pulling me close to him.

"I wonder if you're parents feel uneasy about sleeping in the same bed while they're here?" I smirked a little.

"Probably but it's our place so it shouldn't matter," He moved so his body was a bit on top of me. "You look so beautiful."

"Thank you," I smiled up at him. "I feel huge though."

"You still look amazing," He smiled down at me. "I love you."

"Love you too." I smiled back at him as he leant down to kiss me.

Jonathan didn't break the kiss as his hands moved under my shirt, pulling it up a bit. The cool air hit me as he pulled my shirt off but placed his body back over mine. His fingers ran down my sides slowly, making their way to my pants, inching them off slowly.

"Tazer," I whispered as he started to kiss my neck. "Your family's in the next room."

"They won't know if you keep it down," He mumbled against my skin.

"Me?" I smirked as he moved to take off his boxers. "I believe you've been known to scream too."

"Well then, we'll just have to find out," He smirked.

In the morning, I was a bit sore from how rough Jonathan got but still, we managed to keep it quietly mostly. At least we hoped. I just knew that I could cold as he got out of bed to head to the United Center for today's game.

Jonathan's family all went out shopping before the game but I had other plans. I was meeting William for the day which I knew if I told Jonathan before hand, he would've been pissed but it's not like I was cheating on him. I mean, it was just friends hanging out with friends.

I got in my car and drove to William's apartment which took a while since there was still snow on the ground. I think William said he was going to head to the coffee shop and maybe catch a movie but who knows with him.

Once William buzzed me in, I made my way up to his apartment to greet him but he still wasn't ready to go.

"William Beckett, you are by far the slowest person ever," I giggled as he rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, my family was in last night and I didn't get to bed to late." He apologized fixing his hair.

"It's cool," I shrugged, "Just teasing. So how's your daughter?"

"She's good," William nodded fiding his keys. "What about your kids?"

"Still wishing they'd come out soon but don't want that whole premature thing to happen." I shrugged feeling my stomach.

"Hard to believe the girl who I met so many years ago who didn't want kids is now having twins." William smiled at me.

"That's because when I met you, I thought I was still going to be the head chef at some five star resturant," I rolled my eyes. "And well you know what happened with Chris."

"Yeah," William smiled. "I'm sorry I didn't do anything to help you with that."

"It's fine," I shrugged, "I didn't want anyone to know. I thought it was just a phase."

"Is that why you ended up at my place so many times?" He questioned with a smirk.

"Yeah, had to escape the fighting," I smiled lightly, "And you were the one person that I wanted to escape with."

"You didn't tell Jonathan that you were almost ready to have my baby all those years ago did you?" He questioned.

"No," I sighed, "It's not like he needs to know. It was in the past and things changed."

"How true that statement is," William chuckled. "Ready to go?"

"Sure," I shrugged, "Where are we going?"

"Michigan Avenue," William smiled. "Sure it's going to be busy but we're meeting up with Sisky to hang out a bit before he heads back with his family."

"Aww, it's been a while since I seen Sisky," I smiled at him.

"Yeah, that's one of the reasons he stuck around," He added. "I told him, you'd be here."

"You do know I do have to get to the United Center soon though. Boyfriend's playing a game tonight and there's nothing exciting than watching him play." I added following him down the stairs. "Well except watching him undress, be father like, and-"

"Wow, you really do love him don't you?" William snickered.

"Yeah, I do," I smiled at him. "I just love being with him. He makes my life complete."

"I'm happy for you," William smiled at me. "You deserve someone like that."

"I do." I nodded. "Just wish he'd get me a dog."

"A dog huh?" William thought.

"William," I looked at him, "What are you thinking?"

"Oh nothing," He half sung.

"Beckett, if you don't tell me," I started.

"You'll what?" He stopped me.

"I don't know?" I shrugged.

"I'm thinking I may have to talk to that husband to be of yours about getting you a dog," William smiled at me.