The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Another Breaking Point?

After telling Patrick and Abby everything, I sat on the couch, half stressed and trying to figure out what to do. My eyes were red from crying from a mistake I've made in the past and what was going through my head.

"Maybe you should move back in?" Patrick sat down next to me. "I mean with me and Abby for the time being?"

"I think I might," I sighed. "I really don't want to but I seriously messed up. I was stupid as a rebelling kid which costs me now."

"You're not stupid," Patrick rubbed my back. "We all make mistakes."

"True, but this one isn't exactly going to go away," I ran my fingers through my hair. "And it's not like I love Quinn, because I don't. I mean he's nice and everything, but no."

"Well, that's a given," Sharpie smiled lightly. "He doesn't seem to want to come between you and Jonny."

"I know," I nodded, sniffling a bit. "This just sucks because I love Jonathan to death. Probably more than anyone should, but if I don't have him, then I'll die."

"You won't die," Sharpie smirked but I gave him a quick look with my sad eyes as he looked serious for a second.

"I swear a part of me will die and never come back again," I spoke lowly then drew my eyes away from him. "And it's not just him, I love our twins to death and they're not even born yet."

"Maybe," Abby looked at me. "Maybe you two should go to counseling or something? It could help."

"I don't know," I shrugged, "I'm willing to try anything. Even if it does mean moving back here."

"Want me to go get some stuff from Jonathan's for you?" Sharpie stood up as I nodded.

"Thank you," I smiled lightly.

I handed my keys to Sharpie, just in case Jonathan wasn't home since he'd be blowing off steam or something. Watching him leave, he took to the streets to head to Jonathan's apartment. It was quiet now, almost too quiet but still, Sharpie found himself walking up the stairs to his captain's apartment now.

Quietly, putting the keys into the lock, he pushed open the door to find Jonathan drinking in his living room with Kaner as they give him a look.

"I'm just coming to pick up some of Blaze's stuff for the night," Sharpie put up his hands as he stopped to look at him. "For now at least."

"Like I shouldn't be upset?" Jonathan glared at him.

"No, you have every right to be since that is something big she told you," Sharpie shook his head. "I'm just saying you got to realize that took a lot for her to admit and that she's hurting too."

"And?" Jonathan questioned.

"And she might move back in with me for a while," Sharpie shrugged. "If it makes things easier."

"Tazer?" Patrick looked at him as he took another sip of beer.

"Just know that she never loved Quinn," Sharpie started to walk to the bedroom to get me some clothes. "She's only loved you and you only."

Sharpie went to get my clothes, grabbing a few other things I might need before heading out of the room to look at Jonathan who just sat there, drinking his beer next to Patrick.

"Look," Sharpie sighed. "I know both of you are hurting and I get being her best friend as someone she can go to, mainly because I've been there for her a lot but that's besides the point. I'm not getting thrown into the middle of this and neither should Kaner. Yes, we're both cool with you two and you're our captain, so we're not taking sides. You both need to go to counseling or something or maybe figure out what you both want before you get married."

"That's exactly what I just told him," Patrick nodded looking at Sharpie as Jonathan rolled his eyes.

"See, we all want you two to at least work," He sighed looking back at his captain. "And you need to with your twins on the way."

Sharpie walked out the door then headed back to his apartment where he gave me my clothes. It was a pretty quiet night just because Sharpie was a bit upset at the position he was in but he didn't mean it. And sure, we were both wrong but being stubborn personalities, it was easier to be mad at each other than admit we were wrong. Although Jonathan didn't really do anything wrong, but still he had to cool down a bit before he talked with me.

Little did I know that as I was at Patrick and Abby's apartment, Quinn decided to pay Jonathan a visit at his apartment. How people knew where we lived was a mystery but my money was on someone he knew, mainly Kaner since he left and then Quinn just happened to "show up".

But that's what Quinn did. He knocked on the door with our son and went to to talk to Jonathan.

"Jonathan," Quinn started. "I'm Quinn and this is Bradin, mine and Blaze's son."

"What do you want?" Jonathan glared at him.

"I wanted to apologize for messing things up for you and Blaze," Quinn looked down. "I didn't mean for this to happen this way but it's better if you didn't find out through the media."

Jonathan didn't say anything, just stared at Quinn, with hurtful eyes as Quinn brushed hair of his eyes.

"Can we come in?" Quinn asked as Jonathan let him in as Bradin went to sit on the couch and Jonathan motioned for Quinn into the kitchen.

"So why are you here?" Jonathan questioned with a bit of anger in his voice.

"Just to apologize," Quinn sighed. "I'm sorry if what happened between me and Blaze is driving you apart. It was technically a mistake, a cute loveable mistake now but at the time, she didn't want kids and I took in Bradin."

"Did you ever love her?" Jonathan choked out.

"As a friend," Quinn nodded. "I never wanted to marry her or really date her. It was all lust and friendship and now we have a kid, which she might want to be a part of his life now."

"Nothing more?" Jonathan questioned shortly.

"No," Quinn shook his head as he watched Jonathan. "We're actually in town for a few more days and I've got an interview and a lot of media stuff to do tomorrow and I was thinking, maybe to get to know Bradin better you could watch him for a day?"

"Blaze isn't here," Jonathan crossed his arms.

"I know," Quinn sighed. "I was hoping you'd spend some time with him, realize that he's a great kid before writing Blaze completely out of the equation just for wanting to help raise him now."

Jonathan looked around the room then back at Quinn, "What time?"

"I'll be back by ten," Quinn nodded as Jonathan shrugged.

"I guess I could watch him," Jonathan sighed with a bit of annoyance in his voice.

"And if you have hockey practice, take him to it," Quinn smiled. "He may not be your kid but he's got a thing for hockey that I believe comes fromhis mom."

"Ok," Jonathan leant against the island as Quinn smiled then got Bradin, "We'll see you in the morning."