The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Moving Back In

After the game, I headed back to Jonathan's apartment with Bradin who wouldn't stop talking about the game he just watched. Sure they lost to the Sharks tonight but Bradin was just excited about the game. He enjoyed watching it and getting a chance to meet the rest of the team before we headed home.

Quinn was coming to pick up Bradin soon and take him back to the hotel room for the night. Bradin sat on the table finishing his food that I got for him for dinner when the door to Jonathan's apartment opened. Bradin rushed up to Jonathan to hug him before he could put his things down which I half winced at since I didn't know if Jonathan would still be in a bad mood or not.

"Thank you for the best day," Bradin smiled up at Jonathan.

"He was hoping you'd come home before his dad picked him up," I smiled at him.

"Don't mention it, buddy," Jonathan picked up the sort of small kid. "We'll have to do it again sometime if that's ok with you."

"Can I mom?" He looked at me with a smile on his face.

"We'll talk to your dad when he gets here," I chuckled. "But I mean if you're here for a while, I don't see why not."

"Ok," Bradin smiled as Jonathan put him back on the ground. "Can I play hockey?"

"Of course," I smiled. "And I'll talk to your dad about putting you in a hockey program when you get home, ok?"

"But I wanna play hockey here," Bradin pouted.

"We'll see, ok," I smiled at him.

"Ok," Bradin smiled at me. "I'm going to go get my stuff."

Bradin ran off as I stood in front of Jonathan with crossed arms. A bit shy to be in the apartment since even though we worked things out a bit, I wasn't sure what to say to him. There wasn't any tension between the two of us, it just felt sort of awkward.

"He really looks up to you," I smiled at him. "I may not know much about to him but it's that kid thing when they get to meet you. They all light up."

"He's a good kid," Jonathan shrugged. "Catches onto hockey really quick."

"Are you serious about teaching him how to play while he's here?" I looked at him as he nodded.

"Why not?" Jonathan moved closer to me. "If you want to be in his life, then we can make this work."

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "I don't want to push anything onto since he is five and not yours."

"I love you," Jonathan reached out to me, touching my arm slightly. "And even though it was completely shocking when you first told me, I'm over it. I want you to move back in."

"Are you sure?" I questioned since I knew I was still walking on thin ice. "I mean if we need time apart then I'm ok at Patrick and Abby's place for the time being."

"We're bound to fight," Jonathan uncrossed my arms and played with my fingers. "But whatever it is, I promise we'll work through it."

"Ok," I whispered with a nod.

"No more other surprises right?" Jonathan smirked as my smile spread across my face.

"I'm pregnant," I looked up at him to see his eyes roll.

"With twins," He smiled as I nodded.

"I love you," I whispered as he smiled.

"I love you too," Jonathan kissed me quickly just as Bradin walked back into the room.

Bradin had all this hockey gear that Jonathan bought him gathered in a pile by the couch as I turned to look at him. The kid sat on the arm rest which I rolled my eyes at since he was a typical little kid.

"Bradin," I looked at him. "Don't sit on the arm rest."

"Mom," Bradin groaned which sounded almost surreal coming from his mouth but he still moved.

"I think I like the sound of that," I smiled at Jonathan. "Mom."

"It suits you," Jonathan ran his hand across my lower back, sending shivers down my spine when there was a knock at the door.

"That's probably your dad," I looked at Bradin as he fell back into the couch with a dramatic sigh.

"I like this kid," Jonathan chuckled as walked to the door.

"Be nice," I rushed out before he opened the door.

Jonathan let Quinn in, who smiled at me as he stepped into the doorway with the now present Jeph next to him. Jeph seen me and I went to hug him quickly before Bradin pulled himself off the couch to go hug his "uncle".

"Ready to go?" Quinn questioned looking at the boy as he shrugged.

"Actually, can I talk to you in the hall?" I walked up to Quinn who nodded. "We'll be right back."

Walking with Quinn back into the hallway, I closed the door quietly before standing in front of him. It was weird talking to him about this, but Bradin wanted to play hockey and loved this city and well being that he's only five, he couldn't stand up for his opinion too much.

"What's up?" Quinn asked.

"Ok, so Jonathan took him out to play hockey and he's really into it," I started looking at him. "He wants to know if he can play while he's still here. And he wants to join a hockey team when he goes home."

"Sure," Quinn shrugged with a smile. "I kinda figured he'd be into hockey like his mom."

"And I'm hoping that I get to see him more often too," I folded my arms across my chest. "I missed out on the first five years of his life and I don't want to miss anymore."

"Of course," Quinn smiled at me. "I figured that much too and I think he'd like it if you were around more too."

"It's just I can't leave Chicago because this is where my life is, where Jonathan is," I added. "And I know Bradin's got to start school soon."

"He's actually already in school," Quinn smirked. "He's on winter break now."

"Oh yeah," I thought back since it was that time of year now.

"But since I don't really feel like dealing with courts and all that paper work, I think we can work something out," Quinn added, "Like maybe we'll be back for spring break and of course the summer."

"I like the sound of that," I smiled at him. "And if I'm in town or you guys are, you can always stop by."

"Sounds good," Quinn smiled. "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"New Year's Eve Party at Empire Records," I smiled at him. "I mean Bradin can hang out if he wants but I'll be super busy with everything."

"Just for a bit," Quinn shrugged, "Maybe til like nine and then I'll pick him up with Jeph and take him back to the hotel since he'll probably be tired."

"I think he'll like that," I smiled at him. "But we should be getting back in since it's late."

"Did he enjoy the game?" Quinn asked as I opened the door.

"Yeah, he had so much fun tonight," I smiled walking in to see Bradin telling Jeph all about his day with Jonathan.

"Ready to go, kid?" Quinn questioned as Bradin sighed.

"I guess," Bradin shrugged.

"Don't worry kid, you'll get to spend time with Jonathan and your mom tomorrow," Quinn ruffled his hair.

"Can we play hockey?" Bradin's eyes lit up at Jonathan who smirked.

"Sure buddy," Jonathan nodded as he sat on the armrest of the couch.

"Can Patrick come again?" Bradin questioned.

"Maybe," Jonathan shrugged. "I'll call him tonight."

"Bur will be here tomorrow too," I added as Jonathan added. "Remember, he's coming for the party."

"Yeah," Jonathan nodded as he looked at Bradin. "Just leave your gear here and we'll go tomorrow, promise."

"Ok," Bradin smiled.

"We might have to get some groceries," I smiled at the kid, "But we'll have fun."

"Ok," Bradin walked up to me to hug me. "Bye mom."

"You be good for your dad tonight," I smiled as he walked back towards Quinn with a yawn.

"Looks like he'll sleep good tonight," Quinn smiled then looked back at me. "I'll call you when we wake up."

"Ok," I smiled as they headed to the door, including Jeph.

Jonathan went to lock the door behind them then walked back to me as he sat down on his couch. He held out his hand which I took and fell softly onto his lap which he smiled at. His arms went around me, slightly tired from the game and the post game workout but they were still around me protectively.

"I need to go get some things from Patrick's house," I mentioned but he let out a groan.

"Can't it wait til morning?" He whined. "It's late."

"It is," I giggled, "But no, I think I have most my clothes there now."

"You can wear mine," Jonathan sighed.

"Please," I turned to pout at him. "Promise we'll be quick."

"Fine," Jonathan let me up then got up with me.

"Thank you," I smiled at him then kissed his lips.

Jonathan grabbed his keys then a jacket and headed to his car which I got in the passenger seat to head over to Sharpie's place. Patrick and Abby weren't home right now since they probably went out for dinner, making the entire place quiet as I walked through the house. Shooter was the only one around, wagging his tail at me then Jonathan as I went to the extra room which was pretty much mine now.

Jonathan followed me to the bedroom as I grabbed most my stuff that I needed then walked back out to the living room.

"Let me just leave him a note," I smiled at Jonathan as I walked to the kitchen to scribble on a piece of paper that I was here to get some of my stuff when I felt lips attack the back of my neck. "Jonathan..."

"Sorry," He whispered in my ear. "I'm tired and you look so good."

"That doesn't make any sense," I giggled turning to look at him. "But thank you."

"I can't help it," Jonathan whispered, his lips close to mine. "You're just so-"

"Addicting?" I smiled, "I know. Now just kiss me."

Jonathan's lips met mine in a quick kiss that made me forget where I was. I wrapped my arms around his neck to pull him closer to me, deepening our kiss. His hands went under my shirt, touching my skin before moving me away from the kitchen counter then picking me up to take me to the couch in the living room. Jonathan layed me down softly against the couch cushions, never breaking our kiss as he slowly stripped off his shirt and tossed it to the side then took off mine to throw it somewhere.

We were too busy in our own little world that we didn't hear Patrick's door open again. Jonathan started kissing my neck and unbuttoning my jeans slowly as he bit my neck.

"What the hell?!" I heard Patrick's voice echo through the house as the door shut behind him.