The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

New Years Eve Part 2

Watching Bradin play hockey with Patrick and Jonathan was cute. You could see the passion in his eyes on the ice which melted my heart. You could also see Jonathan's caring nature shine through as watched out for Bradin and made sure he didn't get hurt while playing. Sure there were going to be injuries with Bradin if he wanted to play hockey but this was just him learning the basics, nothing to worry about.

Bradin slipped on the ice, falling on his side which was slightly funny but he brushed himself back off which Jonathan and Kaner cheered for. Bradin did the cutest victory dance on the ice after falling that I couldn't help but laugh before they all skated over to me.

"Water?" I handed Bradin a water bottle as he took it. "You ok after your fall?"

"Yeah," Bradin smiled. "Did you see my dance?"

"I did," I smiled at him. "I'm glad you're ok. Be careful out there."

"I will," He smiled looking at me and handing me the water bottle.

"He's good," I smiled at Jonathan as Bradin skated off again with Kaner.

"He is," Jonathan leant on his stick watching him. "He picks up on things easily."

"Which is why I'm so telling Quinn that he better put him in a hockey league when he gets home," I nodded as I felt the twins kick a lot which caused me to put a hand on the baby bump.

"Everything ok?" Jonathan watched me.

"Yeah, our kids are just kicking the crap out of me right now," I smiled lightly at him. "It's fine."

"Are you sure?" Jonathan raised an eyebrow at me. "I mean I don't want anything bad to happen because it still is early."

"No, nothing like that," I smiled at him. "Don't worry. I'm not having our kids yet."

"Ok good," Jonathan breathed a quick sigh of relief. "Scared me for a second."

"No, I'm fine," I smiled at him. "Go head back out there."

"Ok," Jonathan kissed me quickly before skating back off.

Another few hours passed watching Bradin hockey before we all headed out for some lunch then back to the apartment to change for the party tonight. I knew it wasn't totally a kid appropiate party but I was keeping a close eye on Bradin the entire time. I'm sure Aj or Joe wouldn't mind watching him, or Lucas for that matter since they weren't too big of partiers in the first place.

Jonathan got dressed in some black jeans and a nice black shirt while I changed into a cute red short dress that I found a few weeks ago and some red heels, even though I had to Jonathan help me put on the heels since it was a bit hard to put them on right now.

I got Bradin changed into some pants and a Blackhawks jersey since he wanted to wear something hockey related tonight to the party. Needless to say we looked like a totally awesome family which caused that warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach to take over, when I didn't feel kicks in it.

We arrived at the party by 7 to find that it wasn't too packed yet, most of the team was there but some had other plans or were out of town with their families since lately they didn't have much time to spend with them. All in all, it was a good party, Bradin hung out with Hossa most the time, telling him about hockey and music and everything which was cute. I think mainly he chose Hossa because he was intrigued by him or something.

Adam and Sharpie were planning practial jokes in one part of the room which scared me while Kaner was flirting with a random girl of the night. The others were all mingling with everyone else which was fun but I wasn't having too much fun since I kept getting kicked and was having sort of cramp like feelings in my abdomen. It wasn't too painful or anything and they'd go away after a while but sometimes come back which really sucked.

"Hey," Jonathan wrapped his arms around me. "How are you feeling?"

"Honestly?" I questioned looking at him."Not too good."

"Why's that?" He looked at me.

"It almost feels like I'm having contractions or something," I whispered to him. "But they don't get closer together or anything so we don't have to worry."

"Do you need to go to the doctor?" Jonathan questioned.

"No," I shook my head. "If they get worse I will but for right now, I'm fine."

"Promise to tell me if they get worse?" Jonathan whispered into my ear.

"I promise," I smiled at him about to kiss him but he stopped me.

"Nope, you gotta wait til it hits midnight," His smirk spread across his face.

"So not fair," I pouted at him.

"Come on, let's go hang out with Kaner and his new random girl," Jonathan chuckled.

"We so need to find him a girlfriend," I laughed as I followed Jonathan through the crowd of people.

Time passed rather quickly as it soon got closer to 11 which New York already dropped the ball and everyone celebrated here but Jonathan still wouldn't let me kiss him until it reached midnight here. We were going to stay til midnight here but poor Bradin was falling asleep in the backroom on the couch which I went down to get him off.

"Bradin," I shook him slightly only to have him wake up with a start. "Come on, let's go home."

"Ok," Bradin stood up and rubbed his eyes and drug himself out of the room where Jonathan waited by the door.

"Here kid, I'll give you a piggy back ride to the car," Jonathan smiled as he let Bradin hopon his back.

The three of us headed back to the apartment after making our through traffic. It was now 11:30 once we reached the apartment as Jonathan took the sleeping Bradin out of the car and carried him up to the apartment which was cute. Jonathan sat Bradin down on a chair and covered him with a blanket before sitting next to me on the couch.

"Kid's out like a light," Jonathan smirked watching him.

"He had a great day that's why," I leant against Jonathan. "Which is probably what he'll do tomorrow."

"Probably," Jonathan wrapped his arms around me.

"So, it's almost midnight," I smiled at him.

"I know then I can finally kiss you," Jonathan smirked.

"Finally," I rolled my eyes as he chuckled.

Finally, they coundown til midnight started to tick by quickly which was exciting since it was now going to be 2011 and I was starting a new year with Jonathan and so much was going to happen this year.

"3...2...1, Happy New Year!" The TV annouced as I looked up at Jonathan who leant down to kiss me then smiled.

"Happy New Year Jonathan."

"Happy New Year Blaze," Jonathan smiled again before kissing me quickly.