The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

New Year's Day

Waking up the next morning next to Jonathan in bed, my eyes adjusted to the light before I sat up slightly. Stretching my arms up, I let them relax as I watched Jonathan sleep. It was around seven but I knew Bradin would be up soon since he was most likey excited to head to the museums with everyone today.

I nudged Jonathan lightly, getting him to shift in his spot but his eyes opened to look at me. I smiled down at the shirtless man with his tired eyes who clung to his pillow.

"Come on," I smiled getting out of bed now. "Kaner's going to be here soon and you know Bradin won't be asleep that much longer."

"Never know, some kids sleep longer," Jonathan looked at me.

"He's my son," I smirked at him. "If he's not an night owl then he'll be up and ready to go in the morning."

"Point made," Jonathan nodded as he got out of bed. "Hey, what did you want to tell me about Joe last night?"

"Oh," I nodded looking at him as I leant against the wall a bit. "Remember how I told you that Joe was like the only father figure I really had in my life? Since well you've seen my so-called parents."

"Yeah?" Jonathan raised an eyebrow at me.

"Well, he's my actual dad. Like flesh and blood actual dad," I looked at him.

"Really?" Jonathan moved a bit closer to me. "And how are you dealing with it?"

"Ok, I guess," I shrugged but he just gave me a quick look. "I don't know, I mean it's a lot to take in but at the same time, Joe's always been like a dad to me anyway."

"At least now you know you have family you can trust that are actually related to you," Jonathan wrapped his arms around and looked down at my stomach. "How about the babies? How are they today?"

"Ok," I shrugged. "Nothing bad right now."

"Good," Jonathan kissed me. "You scared me last night."

"I do have an appointment in a couple days if you can make it," I looked up at him. "It's the fourth of January."

"I'll be home by then," He smiled. "I just have to leave tonight for our games against Anaheim and LA, the next couple days."

"That so bums me out," I pouted. "And poor Bradin, you'll have to tell him you're leaving for a few days."

"That's one of the worst things too," Jonathan nodded. "I mean I was pissed about him when you told but he's grown on me."

"Aw, you love him," I smiled as he blushed. "Captain Serious has a soft spot."

"Shut up," He looked away from me slightly. "Wouldn't you be the same way if I had a kid with another girl?"

"Probably but thank you for being so supportive," I played with his hair. "I appreciate it."

"Don't mention it," He smiled.

"But I should get ready to go out there," I smiled at him.

"Ok," Jonathan smiled as he kissed me quickly and let me get dressed.

I got dressed in some looser fitting jeans and then a Blackhawks hoodie and skate shoes before heading out to the living room where I knew Bradin was still asleep since there was no sign of him any where. Going over to Jonathan's spare room, I opened to find the kid still sleeping which was cute but if I didn't get him up now, then it'd take him longer to get ready.

"Bradin," I shook him slightly as his eyes opened. "Hey, come on, you gotta get dressed since Kaner will be here soon."

"Ok," Bradin yawned and stretched as I got up from his bed.

"I'll be in the living room if you need anything," I smiled at him at his doorway before closing it.

I headed out to the living room to pick up some things since Jonathan's apartment was kind of a mess right now. Mainly with Bradin's hockey clothes and some hockey magazines which still gave me something to do. As I picked up things, my phone rand in my hoodie pocket breaking my concentration of cleaning.

I slowly pulled it out of my pocket to see that it was Quinn's number flashing across my screen. I stared at the number a whlie debating whether or not I should answer it or not since I really didn't want to right now. Finally coming to the conclusion that I should, I put the phone to my ear to hear what he had to say.

"Yes?" I questioned into the phone waiting to see what he had to say this time.

"Hey, are you doing anything with Bradin today?" Quinn questioned.

"Um, I was taking him out to the Field Museum with Jonathan and Kaner today. Why?" I half rolled my eyes since it was kind of an annoying call.

"Jeph was just wondering if he could do something with Bradin today since he is his godfather," Quinn thought out which I still found annoying.

"He's actually looking forward to this museum trip," I defended our day plans which I could just imagine Quinn rolling his eyes. "I mean if you want to come hang out with him today too, you can."

"At the museum?" Quinn questioned just to make sure he was clear on it.

"Yeah," I nodded. "I mean, unless you don't want to," I shrugged.

"Jonathan will be ok with it?" Quinn questioned, sounding concerned like he didn't want to cause trouble.

'Yeah, he'll be fine," I smiled lightly. "You're Bradin's dad and even though we had an interesting relationship, you can still hang out with us."

"Ok," Quinn agreed. "Do you want us to meet you there or at his apartment?"

"Um," I thought as I felt a kick for a second which caused me to sit down. "How close are you to here?"

"Not too far," Quinn mentioned. "We had to pick up some asprin at a Walgreens."

"Hungover huh?" I giggled settling into the couch when I seen Bradin come out of the room dressed in some black jeans, a black t-shirt, and a black beanie on top of his blond hair.

"You could say that," Quinn chuckled.

"You're son looks so much like you," I smirked as Bradin walked over to me to sit on the chair to watch me.

"Yeah, but he's got your attitude," Quinn grumbled.

"I don't know if I should high five the kid or not," I smirked as Bradin smiled at me.

"We'll see you guys soon," Quinn sighed. "Bye."

"Bye," I smiled hanging up the phone to look at Bradin.

"Mom, when's Patrick getting here?" He looked at me as I looked down at my phone.

"Soon, I think," I smiled at him.

"Where's Jonathan?" He brought his feet up to his chest to get comfortable on the couch.

"I don't know," I looked at him as a smile spread across my face. "We'll call for him."

"Jonathan! Jonathan!" Bradin and I yelled through the apartment which I knew probably aggrivated him but the two of us did it for a few minutes before he finally appeared.

"You two are so much alike," Jonathan rolled his eyes at us as we fell over in fits of laughter.

"We found you though," I smiled at him.

"Anyway," Jonathan changed the subject, "Kaner will be here in like ten minutes since he was just parking his car."

"Ok," I nodded as I looked at him. "Oh and um, Quinn and Jeph are meeting us here to go with us."

"Dad's coming?" Bradin's face brightened up a bit.

"Yeah," I smiled at him as Jonathan looked stone cold for a second as I mouthed "sorry" to him.

"Alright," Jonathan nodded at me as Bradin did a happy dance since he was excited to spend time with the people that meant the most to him at one time.

"Hey kid," I smiled at the dancing boy, one of which Jonathan couldn't help but to smile at. "Go get some shoes, please."

"Ok," He smiled as he ran off and Jonathan sat next to me.