The World Is Still Sleeping, While I Keep on Dreaming

Welcome to the World

"Where the fuck is Jonathan?" I snapped as I was taken back to a room with Abby now.

"Patrick is supposed to be bringing him here," Abby gave me a light smile.

"Not like I want him around," I glared. "But he better not miss the birth of his children."

"I'm sure he'll be here," Abby smiled at me. "I'll stay here with you until he does get here."

"Thanks Abby," I smiled lightly just as the doctor walked in to check on me again.

In the waiting room, Patrick was busy calling everyone on the team to let them know what was up as well as family for me. That's when Kaner and Jonathan ran through the hospital, out of breath by time they reached Sharpie.

"There you are," Sharpie let out a sigh of relief.

"Where's Blaze?" Jonathan questioned.

"They took her back, and you seriously need to get back there now too," Patrick mentioned as he nodded and ran off in the direction of where I was.

Back in the hospital room, Abby sat there next to me as nurses checked on the machines and the doctor got ready over by the sink.

"Ok, miss Chasez," The nurse next to me smiled at me. "On this next contraction, you're going to push, ok?"

"Ok," I nodded as I took a deep breath just to see the door to the room open and Jonathan walk in then over towards me. "Cutting it close, aren't you?"

"Thanks for staying with her, Abby," Jonathan smiled at her then took her place next to me.

"I'm still pissed off at you," I mentioned as the house came back and told me that I would have to push again within the next minute or less.

"I know and I'll make it up to you, I swear," He mentioned as I looked up at him to see his pleading eyes.

"I know you will," I nodded.

The doctor got my attention as he told me to push. It was halfway though the second push when the thought of me actually having my twins now hit me. In just a while, the two of us were officially going to be parents. Something that scared me but there was no stopping it now. The two of us were going to have to somehow work through all the stupid shit that just happened and be parents.

Within the next couple minutes, our son Gavin Tyler Toews was born, followed the birth of his sister a half an hour later, Jamie Alexis Toews. Needless to say, I was exhausted after everything. I just wanted to sleep but I still wanted to see my twins before they took them back to the nursery.

"Wow," I held Jamie as I looked down at the small child. "I can't believe they're here."

"You're amazing," Jonathan held onto Gavin as he smiled.

"I'm still pissed off at you," I whispered lightly as my eyes met his. "Don't think you're completely off the hook. I just can't be mad at anything right now."

"I know and I swear, I'll make everything better," Jonathan watched me as I kept silent for a bit before the doctor and the nurses took Gavin and Jamie to the nursery so everyone else could see them.

Jonathan went back to the waiting room where everyone was so he could take them back to see our twins. I, on the other hand, just wanted to sleep since having twins was exhausting. Not that it wasn't going to be less exhausting when they got home, I just needed some sleep. The doctor was keeping me here overnight just for the rest and to tell me everything about what to do with the twins, even though they weren't my first kid.

Jonathan walked up to his friends, trying to keep his smile down but it wasn't working. Patrick and Abby noticed him as they rushed up to him.

"So?" Abby questioned.

"Blaze is sleeping," He smiled as he slowly sat down.

"And?" Abby drew out.

"He's a dad now," Patrick laughed as Jonathan had a happy yet stunned look on his face.

"Oh my god, congratulations," Abby hugged him quickly.

"Thank you," He nodded as he stood up slowly. "Come on, I'll show you guys to them."

Jonathan took Patrick, Abby, and Kaner back to see the twins first since the rest of the team wasn't there. His parents weren't going to be here til a few days so they'd get to see them at home which was better. Jonathan introduced them all to Gavin and Jamie which they all awed over for a while before heading back to the waiting room to find a few more teammates there to congratulate him.

I was in my half peaceful sleep when I heard the door to my room open and shuffling feet walk over to me to sit in the chair next to me. I say it was only half peaceful since insomnia decided to rear it's ugly head at probably one of the worst times since I was totally exhausted.

"Hey," I turned slightly to see Sharpie sitting there next to me.

"Hi there," He smiled at me. "I seen Jamie and Gavin. They're amazing."

"Thank you," I smiled at him. "I'm so tired and a bit sore though."

"I can only imagine," Patrick chuckled as I sat up slowly.

"So what's up?" I asked as I looked at him.

"I know you're still pissed at Jonathan," He started but I knew where it was going.

"I know, the cribs are at his apartment," I rolled my eyes. "Doesn't mean that I won't make him sleep on the couch though."

"Do you still love him?" Patrick asked as I grew quiet just in thought even though I knew what my answer would be, it was the only one that my heart screamed.

"Yes," I whispered. "I love him to death. That's why everything that happened hurts so much."

"I'm sorry," Patrick smiled as he got up slowly. "No more thinking tonight, ok? Just get some rest."

"Ok," I smiled lightly.

"We'll be back in the morning to help take you home," Patrick kissed my forehead.

"Yeah and then the following day our twins will be at the house," I watched as he smirked.

"If you need anything, you know you can call us," He smiled at me.

"Thank you," I snuggled into the sheets the best I could.

"Good night Blaze," Patrick walked out of the room and back to where Jonathan was, which wasn't very far since he was in the hallway.

"How much of that did you hear?" Sharpie asked as he stood next to Jonathan.

"Enough to know that she still loves me," Jonathan looked up at him since he was leaning against the wall.

"She never stopped loving you, like ever," He rolled his eyes at his captain. "She's just very hurt and pissed off at you right now."

"I know," He sighed.

"You've got a lot of work ahead of you," He watched the young captain. "But she won't leave you, trust me on that. I think having Gavin and Jamie here now will help a bit."

"I hope so," Jonathan nodded.

"We'll see you guys in the morning," Patrick smiled at him again. "Congrats again."

"Thanks," Jonathan nodded as he watched Sharpie leave.

Jonathan was about to walk back in my room but instead he went back towards the nursery for the last time that night to hold his children. It was a cute sight, the tough serious captain turning all mushy around the two smallest things. Everything was making sense for Jonathan and he now knew what he had to do to make everything perfect.