We All Have Our Secrets

There's Something Different About Her

It was the last hour before lunch. Every lesson had been remarkably similar. Walking through corridors, people dressed similarly to Carly and Simmons would stop to talk to Carly in low whispers before shaking hands and going their own way, or sometimes following behind. I thought nothing amazingly curious of it until we headed to gym. Coach Hyde smiled at her when she walked in and they shook hand, only, they grabbed each others wrist their first finger outstretched.
“Coach Hyde, this is Jasper Hale.”
“Lucky guy, got one of my best students.” he smiled and shook my hand normally. “You sorted for kit?”
“I‘ll get it done.” Carly told him.
He nodded and Carly told me to follow her. She sized me up, or so she put it, and handed me a t-shirt and joggers that fit perfectly when I went to change. I also didn’t fail to notice that Carly wore a full sleeved shirt for Phys Ed, unlike anyone else. Now I was interested.

“Erm… for lunch you can sit with my friends, or your family if you want. I don‘t mind.” Carly offered as we entered the cafeteria.
“How about both?” I asked, with a strong feeling what the answer would be
“I don‘t think the rest of your family would like my friends, and their buddies would be very uncomfortable if I influenced all the new kids.”
“Oh.” I sounded sadder than I expected
“How about a rain check.” she nodded to my family “I think their expecting you.”
She walked me to the table and headed towards the corner of the cafeteria where they all seemed to be waiting for her.

*Edward’s POV*
Carly left Jasper at the table with a polite nod. Jasper watched her as she walked towards the mass of black in the corner of the cafeteria. Jasper’s mind was buzzing with information and it took me a few seconds to take it all in. I focused on Carly’s mind and only got rapid flashed of thoughts. There were so many, passing so quickly, no human could think that fast.
“Excuse me, you guys came from like Washington yeah?” I looked up and saw a blond standing over out table. I got her name as Cindy
“Yes, we did.” Bella smiled
“Awesome. I came to like tell you…” she looked at Jasper uneasily “Stay the hell away from Carly Stead or she will like ruin your life.”
I heard a cough turned to see Carly walking towards the table again, with two guys, Simmons and Adam, with a girl, Lilly, talking among themselves. They passed the table without a glance and Cindy muttered under her breath.
“I would like to like invite you to sit with my friends and me, or like we could join you.”
None of us had time to answer before her gestured for her friends to join her. I looked up and saw Carly looking at us, something hidden in her eyes, almost like disappointment. Jasper turned as well and mouthed sorry. Emmett looked between the two of us and Carly wondering why the hell we were so interested in a human. Jasper sighed heavily as one of Cindy’s friends started talking to him, her intentions clear since the lust was dripping off her every word. I looked back at Carly who had turned to leave to cafeteria. Not seconds after she had, the rest of the pupils dressed in black followed. It was clear why Jasper was intrigued by this.