We All Have Our Secrets

It's a Party, Not Preparation for War!

*Jasper‘s POV*
I refused to talk to Jake, which meant I also couldn’t talk to Nessie who was adamant he was doing the right thing. There was only one problem, we didn’t know where Carly lived. Neither did her medical records. We did however, have her cell phone number, but she wasn’t picking it up. We were going to head to school when someone knocked on the door and I recognized the vanilla scent.
“Hi, sorry to bother you, but can I give this to Jake?” Carly asked, Simmons and Adam on either side of her.
“Of course. Come in.” Esme stood aside at let them pass. “Jake, you have a present!” Esme called.
He ran down the stairs and froze as he saw the three of them.
“Here. A peace gift. Truce.”
Jacob snatched it from her and smelt it cautiously. He was so absorbed in opening the box he didn’t see the fireballs in either of Carly’s hands. He opened it and brought out a muffin. He looked up and she cast the fireballs at him and swung her heel into his chest knocking him to the ground. He snarled and jumped up only for her to kick him back down.
“That‘s for calling the attack.” she snarled. Her eyes flashed silver but before I could even register it properly they were the vivid emerald green I was used to.
“Thanks for having us over Esme.” Carly smiled turning to leave
“Wait! We‘ve been looking for you all night! Where do you live?” Esme asked before she managed to open the door.
“Other side of the clearing. Not hard to miss.” I could imagine the smirk playing on her lips even though her back was to me. “Come whenever. Someone‘s always home. Good to see you Jasper.” she added turning to wink at me.
I stared at the door confused. Carly Stead was slowly becoming my obsession.

“Why is she always attacking Jake?” Nessie huffed as she sat beside him “What‘s her problem?”
“Jake ki--”
“They don‘t get on. Clash of personality.” Bella interrupted Emmett.
“Oh come on. Don‘t sugar coat it for me.” Nessie sighed
“We‘ll tell you when you‘re older.” Edward told her and she sighed exasperatedly.
“So she lives on the other side of the clearing?” Carlisle asked again “That would explain why we saw her there, but how come we didn‘t notice the house?”
“Let‘s go find out later” Alec offered.

We were even more surprised that we didn’t see it because as we arrived there music was blaring out, shouting of people yelling the lyrics.
“Hey, that‘s The Devil Wears Prada!” Emmett boomed
“I don‘t really care what it is. I want to know if it‘s okay to take Nessie inside.” Bella frowned, Esme nodding in accord.
Me and Edward nodded to each other and headed in, the open, front door. First glances it was pretty obvious Nessie wasn’t coming in here. Edward went out and told them that as I ventured further in. There had to be over 300 people here completely unaware that vampires had entered the house. All the room were full of people dancing, kissing, do whatever they wanted. I turned as Carlisle placed his hand on my shoulder. He gestured for me to lead the way to the back. There was another 100 people in the back. I recognized Simmons’ white hair near a skate ramp. This house seemed to have everything a teenager would want. I recognized Carly on one of the skate ramps, skating amazingly enough. Rose took the lead and hopped over the fence and walked over to Carly. I exchanged glances with Emmett and we all ran after her.
“You seem like you‘re really preparing for the attack.” Rose scorned as Carly stopped next to Simmons.
“Really? Kuz I thought this was meant to be a party. Damn.” Carly matched Rose’s glare with a tired gaze. “We were training earlier in the day.” she told her as Simmons draped his arm around her shoulders. “What‘s it to you anyway? Wanna save your own ass?” Rose went towards her and was stopped as Carly raised her hand “Will you stop trying to attack me?” she sighed “If you‘re here to put me in a bad mood, piss off.” she started walking away, grabbing a beer of someone.
“We came to see where you live.” Emmett called after her.
She waved her hands at the stuff around her. She was in a bad mood, and was tired.
“Why‘s everyone else outside?” she asked, as we followed her.
“Nessie’s here. It‘s not suitable for her to come inside.” Rose yelled furiously
“Quit pissing me off Rose.” she sang raising her middle shoulder over her shoulder.
She headed inside the house and to where there was, which I managed to miss before, a dj. She jumped on stage and whispered something in his ear. He nodded his head approvingly and took the vinyl and switched it with another one. She was doing this deliberately now.
“You are wrong, fucked and overrated. I think I‘m gunna be sick and it‘s your fault. This is the end of everything, you are the end of everything. I haven‘t slept since I woke up and found my whole life was a lie motherfucker. This is the end of everything, you are the end of every thing.”
She jumped back off stage and pointed to Rose, mouthing this song was for her. I turned my laughter into a false cough which didn’t fool anyone. She headed outside to where she knew everybody else was. Nessie and Jake glared at Carly who was at the point of not caring whatsoever.
“We came to see if you were okay, but obviously you are.” Bella frowned, glancing at the house and the beer in her hands.
“Course I am. I‘m magic!” her voice sounded sincere but I knew she wasn’t.
Simmons squeezed her shoulder and muttered if she was okay. She raised her eyebrows and he pursed his lips.
“Are we missing something?” Alice asked
“A hell of a lot. More than you could ever imagine.” someone told us, walking over.
“I told you to leave.” Carly told Hyde
“Make me.” he smirked
“My pleasure” Simmons smiled, a smile of pure evil. He glanced at Carly who shook her head.
“See? She won‘t let you.” Hyde said cockily.
“Yes I will.” Carly corrected him “I won‘t let him kill you.” she elaborated and Esme and Bella gasped, covering Nessie’s ears.
“What is your problem?” Rose spat
“My problem?” Carly raised her eyebrows as Simmons and several other people took Hyde away “You have a kid, imprinted with a murderer that dares come to my house 2 years to the day he killed my father and doesn‘t seem to care.” she may have been smaller that Rose but power was radiating from her “You sure there‘s something wrong with me?”
“You said an eye for an eye. You‘re a killer too.” Rose retorted
“Yeah, but I don‘t kill first and I don‘t kill the innocent.” her eyes flashed silver “I kill to protect the people I have left to call a family, I didn’t kill any one he knew but you wouldn‘t understand would you. You‘ve got the whole fucking charade!” she raised her arms in emphasis. “Mom, dad, sisters, brothers, husband, niece. How bad your life seem to be. Fuck me for not being benevolent.” Not even Jacob had anything to say. She shook her head and turned to head back inside.
“You didn‘t kill anyone I knew?” Jacob called “Then what the fuck happened to Lee?”
“Take it up with Hyde.” she sighed “I just covered his ass. We tried to help you guys in La Push but you started a war.” the tiredness seeped into her voice “We‘ll save your ass when the Volturi come but don‘t expect anything after that.” she turned at the door “Nothing comes from helping other supernatural except for a hell of a lot of grief on my half, and I‘m not having that again.” she looked at me “I‘m not loosing anyone else.” she whispered before disappearing into the house.
It took about a minute until the music cut off and a mass of people in black created a ring around the house. No one could get in or out without them knowing.
“You better leave.” Lilly told us, Adam by her side. “Come back later, but only a select few.”
“You‘ll know who.” Adam added, nodding at me.