We All Have Our Secrets

Now You See Me As 17

“Is it true Jake? Did you kill her dad?” Nessie asked when we got back home.
Jacob didn’t answer and Nessie took that as the truth. Yes. She stormed off and Jake, Bella and Edward went after her. Emmett and Rose went to their room as did Esme and Carlisle, leaving me with Alec and Alice.
“Did you two see her eyes flash silver?” I asked them and they nodded
“It‘s because she has no limit to her power. If she used it to her full potential, I‘m pretty sure her whole appearance would change.” Alec theorized aloud “She has a soft spot for you.”
“And Jazz for her” Alice smiled cheekily. “Do you reckon she was serious about Simmons wanting to kill Hyde?” her grin dropped
“Unfortunately yes” Alec sighed “But at least she has control over them.”
“True. I think they kill the ones that disobey the rules.” Alice sighed. “I‘m going to go and go more research. I‘ll see you later”
I nodded as Alice and Alec left as well. My mind was stuck on Carly. Everything about her.

At around 2pm me, Carlisle, Alice, Alec and Edward went back to Carly’s house, unsure of what to expect. We stepped into the clearing and a small black figure appeared in front of us. The figure disappeared and we continued walking towards her house. I saw Simmons talking to a girl with pink hair. They glanced our way quickly before going back their conversation.
“I‘d be careful.” Adam told us, appearing beside us “She‘s training.” and with that he disappeared again.
We found Carly near the far end of the clearing, away from her house. Objects were flying around her, hitting trees and moving targets. It took me a second to realize she was moving the objects.
“Amazing” Carlisle whispered as Alec started whispering to Alice.
Edward froze suddenly as a knife hovered millimetres away from his eye. Carly turned to face us. I would say she looked unhappy, but that would be an understatement. The knife flew back to her and she caught it in her hand, by the handle. She threw into the ground and before it had even stuck in it she was in front of us.
“You just don‘t go away do you?” she asked humourlessly. “What do you want now? Have you not pissed me off enough?”
“We need to talk about the plan of attack on the Volturi.” Alec said quickly
“You’re not in the plan of attack so don‘t worry your pretty little heads.”
“We want to be.” I told her
“Well you’re not. Tough shit. Your not trained for this.”
“But you are? You‘re only 17.” Edward said sceptically
“Lets see what you‘ve got then.” she glanced at her watch “Get the others to come here and we‘ll do a tag team thing. You take it in turns to fight me. 30minutes long enough?”
Edward nodded
“Now you see me as 17”she sighed as she disappeared

30 minutes later we waited in the clearing for Carly and her guard to arrive.
“You fail this, you stay out of this plan. You win” she glanced at her guard “We‘re at your disposal.”
“Okay.” Carlisle agreed “Nessie won‘t be fighting obviously.” she nodded and Carlisle continued “We can use tactics that we would use against Volturi but no kill shots.”
“I‘ll be using spells.” she told us
“That‘s fine.” Edward took over “We‘ll take it in turns to fight. It finishes when either side decides they cannot be beaten.”
“Maximum of two people fighting me at once” she added “Hope you don‘t have anything better to do.” she shrugged off her hoodie “Who‘s first?”
Emmett bounced forward rubbing his hands together. He half crouched unlike Carly who kept her relaxed stance. Her hands were in her pockets, and she wasn’t intimidated in the least. Emmett pounced but she was faster. Mid pounce she knocked him to the floor with a hit to his chest. Both her feet were together and she flipped backwards after impact, her hands still in her pocket. Emmett paused, confused, then pounced again but she didn’t move this time. He tackled her to the floor but she flipped him over her and stood back up. This time she launched at him and he flew across the clearing. Rose dived in, snarling but Carly punched her in the stomach. As Rose got back up I noticed Carly’s hand was coated in ice. She was good, to say the least. Her fighting style was inconsistent. She adapted her moves to her opponent. The perfect warrior. She was so graceful and it came to her so easily. I was so absorbed by her tactics that I nearly missed her lips, barely moving whispering rapidly. Jacob took over from Rose and Emmett and tackled her to the ground. He yelped in pain as Carly pushed her hand to his cheek. He let go off her showing a nasty red burn. They suddenly started fighting like humans. Jacob tackled her from around her waist and she threw punches on his back.
“You let Lee die!” he yelled as they rolled around
“You killed my father!” she screamed back, her eyes flashing silver “I had nothing to do with Lee!”
She threw him off herself her lips moving rapidly. I recognized the Latin as she lifted Jacob into the air and left him there as Edward moved in with Bella.

2hours later we finally admitted she was better than us. She let Jacob down who stormed off in a hissy fit soon followed by Nessie, Bella, Rose and Emmett.
“I‘m sorry I underestimated you.” Edward told her as she pulled her hoodie on. I saw his eyes glance over her arms. She noticed it as well. “Do you mind me asking?”
Her lips tightened into a fine line as she sighed. She didn’t say anything but ran her fingers through her hair and disappeared.
“You‘re free to stick around. Carly didn‘t state otherwise.” Lilly told us and Simmons nodded beside her. “Make yourselves at home.”
We walked to the house with Simmons and Lilly walking beside us. I noticed flitting black shadows flitting around and realized in was Carly’s guard, running around.
“How do you guys do the disappearing act?” Edward asked Simmons and Lilly
“It depends with who the guard is protecting. ” Simmons explained “It‘s literally is disappearing and reappearing at a place of your will.”
“Normally protecting other witches the guard wouldn‘t be able to move so quickly or disappear but Carly‘s got a kind heart” Lilly smiled “She said we deserved a gift for sticking with her for her lifetime” she chuckled
“So, Carly gave you the powers?” Carlisle asked
“Yeah…” he paused, hesitant to give anymore detail “No one gifts the guards anymore as it‘s a painful process.”
“But Carly did?” Esme asked, shocked “How long ago?”
“2 years ago. Her mother summoned us after her father was killed. Carly was grieving but decided this was the only way we could truly protect her family” Simmons sighed
“She gave Hyde the gift too but ripped it from him less than a year ago.” Lilly replied as Carlisle opened his mouth “She doesn‘t take betrayal lightly. After her mother was killed we took an oath to protect her, and that we will.”
“So there is a connection between you all?” Alice asked. They nodded in response.
“Why do her eyes flash silver?” Alec asked
“You know the answer to that question. You guessed the answer earlier.” Adam chuckled appearing. “Her appearance changes the more she uses her power. She‘s never changed completely, she has amazing self control.”
“Where is she now?” I asked
“With Elena” Lilly giggled “Her corvette that she’s restoring.”
Simmons whispered an alternative and they exchanged ‘not again’ glances.
“She hacked into the government database?” Edward blurted out
“And the ministry of defense. I really should tell the cops.” Hyde called walking over “Where is she?” he asked the 3 guards
“With your dad” Simmons spat “Go. Now.”
“Not until we‘ve had a chat” Hyde told them “You don‘t know what you‘ve got yourselves into Cullens.”
“Leave him be. He can talk all he wants. He has to get that hot air out somehow.” Carly voices drifted to us.
“You listen here kid…” Hyde stormed into the house only to be thrown out.
The pink haired girl stood over him, glaring at him, warning him. She pulled her hood up and crouched.
“Shell… leave it.” Simmons told her.
She grumbled under her breath and disappeared only to reappear on the top of the house. She stuck up her two fingers and I couldn’t help but chuckle. She tilted her head to the side as she examined me. I must have passed as she sat down crossed-legged and glared at Hyde. Hyde sniffed, and stood back up. He marched into the house to attempt to talk to Carly again. We waited in silence and after about 3 minutes, something crashed. We followed the guards in to see what had happened. Carly was sitting on the floor nursing her leg.
“Where is he?” Simmons growled, crouching
She looked up to the ceiling and we followed her gaze. Hyde was frozen against the roof of the garage, his eyes darting around frantically. Simmons glanced at Carly who answered the unspoken question.
“The bastard pushed me and I got caught on Elena.” she muttered
I glanced at her leg and saw a rich red liquid trickle down her leg. It wasn’t the usual thirst, but a craving to have it. Like a child wanting a toy, I wanted her. Lilly bent to help her, grabbing a cloth from one of the work tops.
“In the top shelf over there” Lilly pointed to the cupboard “Can someone get the poultice?”
Carlisle passed it to Lilly who smiled gratefully. Carly muttered something under her breath in Latin and Hyde dropped from the roof. With one glance at Carly, he ran out.
“That‘ll do till we get you upstairs.” Lilly muttered as Adam helped her up. Adam glanced at Simmons and they exchanged smalls smirks.
“Jasper, will you take Carly to her room as we sort something out?” Adam asked
“Sure.”
“You guys can go with. We need to get something.” Lilly said truthfully.
Adam picked up Carly, who didn’t complain, and passed her to me. As she directed me to her room, I felt the warmth of her blood against my hands. She was still bleeding. Her room was, not what I expected. I expected blood red walls with black decorations. It was a royal blue with deep blue and dark oak décor. I placed her gently on her bed and she stifled a small whimper. She leaned over her bed and pulled something out of her bedside table. She folded her uninjured leg underneath her and flipped through the pages till she found what she wanted. She frowned before glancing at us and shaking her head. She looked at her legs before whispering rapidly in Arabic. She winced a few times but didn’t slow or stop until after she finished. A long breath escaped her lips and a sheen of sweat covered her forehead. Her skin was paler than normal and she closed the book, put it away and then lay on her pillows.
“Someone take the poultice off my leg and see if it‘s kay please…” Carly muttered, her eyes closed.
I glanced at Carlisle who shook his head grinning and gestured for me to do it. I carefully unwrapped the poultice and stared amazed as all I saw was dried blood. I traced where the wound should have been and felt nothing but soft skin.
“Not a scar…” I told her as she opened her eyes.
She smiled weakly before closing her eyes and turning on her side.
“Did we miss it?” Adam asked as he came in
“Yeah we did. Damn it.” Simmons muttered
They saw our confused faces and shrugged at each other as it ‘why the hell not? They ain’t human their selves.’
“Healing yourself with no alive people in the room means instead of taking a small amount of energy from each person, including yourself, it all comes from the only live person.” Lilly said
“In this case Carly.” Adam sighed
“So she‘ll be out for a few hours. You can wait for her to wake up, go home and come back or I don‘t think there is a 3rd option is there?” Simmons asked
“I suppose you could lie with her…” Adam offered
They launched into their own conversation. Carlisle called the others closer and we decided what to do.
“Jasper, Edward, Alice, you stay here and call us if she wants us.” he said “We‘ll go home and make sure everyone else is okay.”
We agreed and Lilly showed everyone else out whilst Simmons showed Alice and Edward where they could get something to drink, and what they could do. Adam grinned at me before saying his parting words.
“Lie with her. You both want it.”
He disappeared and the door closed. I hesitated and watched her sleep peacefully. She looked so innocent, and so beautiful. Her eyes opened slightly and she frowned
“Are you gunna stand and watch me, or are you going to listen to Adam?” she asked, her eyes closing again.
I chuckled and slid off my shoes and she lifted the blanket so I could get in. She automatically curled against my side and my arms went around her. She sighed and opened her eyes again. She propped herself up sleepily and pulled off my jacket.
“You‘re dead. You don‘t feel the cold.” she yawned “but I can feel the stupid uncomfortable jacket.” she flung it to the floor and dropped onto my chest.
“My jacket is not uncomfortable.” She scoffed “You tell that to Alice and see what she says” I told her.
“Trust me. I have a wardrobe of clothes that would tear hers to bits. And all of them are comfortable. Now hush. I sleep now.”
She gave one last yawn before falling silent. I wrapped my arms around her again and she moved slightly so she was more comfortable. I closed my own eyes and fell into a daze, the closest I would ever get to sleep.