We All Have Our Secrets

This Is Magic

Carly sighed heavily, signalling she was awake. I glanced down and she hadn’t moved, or opened her eyes.
“How‘s your leg?” I muttered
“If I don‘t reply, can I carry on pretending to be asleep?” she whispered
“You can reply and claim you were sleep talking.” I chuckled
“Mmm… I like that idea. Leg‘s fine.”
She stretched out for a few minutes before retracting into a ball cuddled against my side once again.
“You avoiding something?” I asked
“How‘d you know?” she sighed
“I‘m magic.”
A smile spread across her face and she shook her head. “Trust me boy, you ain‘t seen magic yet.” she smirked and opened her eyes to wink at me
“You‘re awake. Good. We gotta keep to the script.” Simmons announced, nearly knocking down the door.
“My plan… my rules.”
“You made one of the rules, ‘do not let me break the schedule.’ So…” Adam told her, not far behind Simmons
“Rules are made for breaking.” Carly sighed getting up. “But you guys don‘t do that do you? Too goodie two shoes.” she mocked
I felt a temperature drop as Carly moved off the bed and away from me. She disappeared into, what I assumed was, a walk in wardrobe. She came out a few minutes later pulling on a white hoodie. She chucked a black hoodie at me
“Hold on to that please. Time to play tag.” she frowned. She headed to the door and paused “Are you coming or not Jasper?”
I heard her laugh as I jumped up and put my shoes and jacket on in less than half minute. She rolled her eyes tapping her watch as I caught up with her.
Everyone was in the field. Well, whom I assumed was everyone.
“I‘m warning all of you. Stay perfectly still.” Simmons told us as Adam blindfolded Carly. “This isn‘t the kinda magic you wanna cross.” he glanced over to Adam and he nodded “Enjoy the show.” and with that he disappeared.
Carly stood alone in the middle of the field, her white hoodie harsh against the dark of the field. I’m guessing that was the idea. Her whispers seemed to float in the air and she raised her hands. There was a yell from somewhere and Carly disappeared. She reappeared and cast something, freezing two of her guards before they managed to touch her, then disappeared again. I understood this method of training.

2hours later Carly and her guard formed a line in the middle of the field. Lilly waved us closer and the three of us moved towards the line.
“Wanna see some seriously cool magic?” Shell asked, her hood down revealing her bright pink hair.
“Yes.” Alice chimed, her eyes refocusing. “You guys have to see this” she beamed
Me and Edward exchanged glances but didn’t disagree. Adam and Simmons glanced at Carly who was staring absently at the sky.
“It‘s gunna rain.” she sighed pulling off her hoodie.
Her top was sleeveless and revealed about 2 inches of her stomach. The red lace from her underwear rested perfectly above her jeans.
“It will be different for each of you, and your mind reading tricks won‘t work.” Shell grinned at Edward “Say hello to your deepest desir--”
I was outside a building, near enough to a mansion. There was endless acres of forest and land around me.
“Huh. Now this is a surprise.”
I turned as Carly spoke, walking towards me. My breath caught as I noticed her attire. A mid-thigh dress with a low neck revealing a lot of skin. The dress was black but had intricate red designs. She followed my gaze and raised her eyebrows, amused. She looked up and her smirk grew. I glanced at my own clothes. I was wearing a black pinstriped shirt, unbuttoned with plain black trousers. I looked up and Carly was inches away from me. I felt a strange beating under my chest.
“You wanna be human?” she asked, all humor lost.
She placed her hand over my chest and spread her fingers sending a shiver down my body.
“Not necessarily. Just not dead.” I teased, trying to lighten the mood. It worked. She laughed and dropped her hand, her laugh echoing. “So, what happens now?”
“You tell me.” she looked around “This is your desire. You tell me what to do.” I stared at her confused “It‘s a kick ass spell. It brings all your desires to real life dreams. What ever happens here is between you and me.”
“So nothing leaves… what ever this place is?” I double-checked, snaking my arms around her waist.
“You and me. No one else.” she bit down on her lip, grinning slightly
I pushed my lips to her and she responded immediately. She slid her arms around my shoulders and pulled me closer, her body pushed up against mine. I moved my arms to one supported her back as I lifted her up. She wrapped her legs around my waist, her fingers running through the tips of my hair. She brushed her tongue against mine, pulling on my hair slightly. We stumbled backwards and I felt my back against a cool wall.
“Don‘t ask. Just… go with it.” Carly mumbled against my lips her hands running down my bare chest. “Your desire. You‘re missing out the details.” she whispered as I lowered her onto a bed.
The surrounding around us flickered and a feeling of emptiness started to fill me. Carly sensed it too and pulled me back to her, urgency in her kiss. I unzipped the back of her dress and trailed my kisses down her neck. She moaned my name, sending shivers up my spine. I slid the dress off her shoulders and she yelled as I fell to my knees in the clearing. Arms caught me and I heard muted voices.
“Got ya.” Adam muttered, helping me back up. He glanced behind him and I followed his gaze.
Carly was bent over on the floor clutching her stomach.
“Who interfered with the spell?” she hissed, staring at the ground. A growl. “Do you have a death wish?” she spat, turning around to face Jacob.
The russet wolf snarled and she crouched, the roots of her black hair going white.
“It‘s a dog eat dog world.” Everyone turned to Sam as he stepped into the clearing. “Jake called to let us know what was happening.” he told us calmly
“I‘m gunna fucking kill you.” Carly spat, walking to Sam.
Her lips were pursed, her hair still turning white, eyes silver. Jacob leapt at her and she stopped him with a flick of her wrist. She flung her hands out in front of her and Sam flew backwards. Shell blocked her and whispered something, bringing her arms down. Within a blink of an eye, her hair was black and her eyes green.
“You are really pissing me off Carly.” Sam called, walking back to her.
“Tell someone who gives a shit Sam. Go back to La Push before I lock you in your worst nightmare.” she snapped back “And I wouldn‘t rely on Hyde to be your snitch anymore. He‘s just another human.”
“More like a pawn to you though Carly. Use them, abuse them, throw them away.”
Shell threw back her head and laughed at Sam.
“Mutt, go home to your wife. You aren‘t welcome here anymore.” Simmons warned him, taking a step forward.
Carly and Shell took three steps away from Sam. A circle of fire erupted around the outside of the clearing. A howl was heard in the distance.
“Sam.” Lilly stood in front of him “It‘s time you go.” they knew each other “You don‘t belong here anymore. If you don‘t leave now, with your pack…” frustration filled her “I will kill you.”
Her words rung through the clearing. The fire died down and Simmons and someone went to Carly. Sam took one last look around
“I‘ll be near by.”
“How is Emily?” Carly snarled after him as he stormed off.
Carly pushed Simmons away and started walking away, the opposite direction to Sam.
“Don‘t start this Carly” Lilly sighed
“If they want a war they can have a war” Shell defended Carly
“We aren‘t here to rage war Shell” Simmons called out, not daring to go after Carly.
“They‘re asking for it” Adam sided with Shell. They were dividing themselves in front of us.
“Stop it” I didn’t know the voice but a black figure walked towards us “They aren‘t worth this. You‘re fighting over something that isn‘t our choice. We serve Carly, not anyone‘s predecessors” Shell glared at the new figure and he shook his head. “Shelly…” he almost warned “Not the time to be irrational”
“Fuck off Ty” Shell clipped her words carefully
“We better go” Carlisle said quietly, his hand on my shoulder. “You know where to find us.”