Waning Moon

Rejected

Why?’ Dora snarled. ‘Why are you stopping me? You are a vampire too, are you not? Can’t you smell how tempting her blood is?’

Father and mother tensed at her statement. While father was keeping the calm composure he usually had, mother looked like she had a hard time to stop herself from wringing Dora’s neck. She was too over-protective over me.

‘That’s only because she loves you, dear,’ father muttered.

‘Release me!’

‘If I let you go, will you promise me not to go after my daughter?’ Dora stared at father in shock. She looked back and forth between father and I. Her almond eyes now grew into saucer-sized.

‘Your daughter?’ Dora breathed. Her voice was in a gentler tone, painted with doubt.
‘Yes, my biological daughter.’

‘Impossible.’ Dora sneered. ‘How can vampires give birth to a human?’

‘I’m not entirely human,’ I exclaimed. ‘I’m a hybrid. Half human, half vampire.’

Father freed Dora, who spun around to look at us. Her face showed her inner conflict, and wariness.

‘Vegetarians. Ha! I should’ve known. Only you guys can do such outrageous things.’ Dora laughed. ‘I’m sorry if I’ve offended you. I’m Dora.’

‘Edward,’ father exchanged his name. Mother stepped in front of me, pulling me behind.
‘It’s okay, Bella. Dora means no harm.’

Mother held out her hand carefully, as if Dora would attack her any second. She ended their handshake quickly. When it was Jake’s turn, he growled at Dora, who frowned in disapproval.

‘You don’t have to shake my hand if you don’t want to, mutt. I don’t enjoy having your stench on my hand either.’ Dora said.

‘Right back at you.’

Seth and Leah didn’t bother to acknowledge Dora, who simply shrugged it off. She didn’t like the werewolves much. Dora faced me with a smile on her lips.

‘Sorry I attacked you. No hard feelings?’

‘Nope,’ I grinned. It was nice to make new friends. She seemed approachable and friendly, minus the fact she wanted to suck my blood in the beginning.

‘Let’s go to the Billy’s house,’ dad suggested. ‘Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie, Emmet, Alice and Jasper are all here.’

‘Huh? I thought they’re still in New York.’ Funny, I didn’t know they would be coming too, but I supposed the more the merrier.

‘Emmet said something about taking a vacation,’ mum chuckled.

A vacation? Uncle Emmet, you never ceased to amuse me.

‘Is there something wrong, Dora?’ I asked the moping vampire.

‘No…It’s just that…the name Emmet rings a bell, somehow.’ Dora furrowed her brows, thinking deeply.

‘Don’t stress yourself out. Maybe you’ll figure it out when you see him,’ I advised. ‘Can she come with us, dad, mum?’

‘Sure.’

We decided to run our way there, including me, since I wanted to talk with Dora, as did she.
‘Your power is awesome, Nessie. I’d love to have the ability to show people something. It’s like placing an illusion. It can be fun and dangerous at the same time. I wish mine is as good as yours.’ Dora mentioned.

‘What’s your power?’

‘I can conceal myself within the shadows, it makes hunting easier. Say, I can hide my scent and presence, and melt with the shadows, so that’s why no one noticed me when I attacked you.’ She explained.

I thought it was useful, perhaps even more useful than mine. Imagine, the ability of the ultimate hunter. Nobody could escape if she locked her eyes on them. It reminded me of the Volturi. What was his name again? Was it…Demetri? I couldn’t remember. I shuddered at the memory.

‘Nessie, you’re here.’

‘Aunt Rosalie! I missed you so.’ I hugged her. (I’d just noticed I kept hugging people…er, vampires.)

Out of all the members in my family, Aunt Rosalie was my favorite. Although they all treated me like a princess, Aunt Rosalie spoiled me the most. She was almost like my second mother. Perhaps it was because she couldn’t have a child of her own, mother once told me secretly. I felt sorry for her, especially the horrible past.

‘Hi grandpa, grandma, Aunt Alice, uncles,’ I greeted in shorter version. It sort of got annoying every time you had to say each of their names.

‘How are you doing, kiddo?’ Uncle Emmet ruffled my hair.

We all exchanged hugs (again) and I introduced Dora to them. Aunt Alice gave father a strange look, which he nodded in response. They had this secretive look I didn’t like.
All was well, that was, until I had told her my family name.

‘My full name is Renesmee Carlie Cullen.’

‘Cullen?’ She gasped. ‘You’re the Cullens?’ Her mouth hung agape, terror filled her orbs.
‘Yes, what’s the matter?’ I inquired in worriment.

She shifted her foot uneasily, uncomfortable.

‘I have to go,’ she muttered, running away without any farewell, as if she was fleeing from a crime scene.

‘Do you know what’s the problem, dad?’

‘I’m not sure. I only heard something about us, and the girl named Vicky,’

Odd. How were we related to this Vicky person? What had made her so terrified and horror- stricken? Dora was so weird. She attacked me, and then she wanted to be friends, and now she was running away from us?
♠ ♠ ♠
Obviously, I wrote it in a rush, because A. the deadline is coming up. B. I'm having a writer's block, and C. No one is reading my story! I feel like I'm talking to air right now. Sigh.
If someone is there, can you please rate and comment to cheer up a little girl?)=
(Okay, so I'll be in senior high this coming September, but my looks can still pass for a freshman in junior high. Really. There was this saleswoman who thought I was in primary school.)