Waning Moon

Hope

It was the last night in Forks.

The dance was enjoyable experience, excluding when Nick kept pestering about why I left suddenly during the dance. I told him I saw a friend outside, but he didn’t seem convinced. Then he continued to waiting outside Grandpa Charlie’s house every morning, attempting to persuade me to date him. Dad said his determination was…what was that word again? I forgot, but let’s just say I couldn’t agree with him. It was more of irritating to me.

Now, I was holding the paper Dora had given me on reunion night. The paper was tattered under my care, though the words were still legible. I re-read the words for the fifth time.

Meet me at the clearing a week later at midnight.
Dora

I peeked at the watch on my wrist, the numbers eleven fifty-seven blinked at me. Three minutes away from knowing the truth behind Dora’s actions. The constant avoiding was bothering me, like I had doing something wrong to her. I figured it was related to the Vicky she thought of. Perhaps it was a friend of hers. I did not know.

Trying to sneak out when your father was a mind-reader was definitely not an easy thing. Thankfully, I had gotten used to father’s ignorant to privacy and found out a way to evade dad’s mind-reading ability. I’d think of something else, simply as that. Though most could not pull it off because they’d be worried about the true secret they were keeping and thought about it. I had enough training to think other things casually, for example, I could think about how Jake’s doing, or how annoying Nick was. I supposed I had to thank him for becoming an excuse.

Standing in the middle of the field, I felt the wind brushed on my arms gently, the grass swaying under my feet. The moon above me was a waning moon. The skies darkened with every passing minute. It was like a horror movie, where the main character stood alone in the plains, while the murderer was lurking around, waiting for the perfect chance to strike…
I shook my head, ridding of these thoughts. I had to stop scaring myself. Dora was my friend, she wouldn’t do that to me…

Would she?

0Stop thinking that, I shouted mentally to myself. Pessimism was rubbing off me,

‘Nessie.’

Spinning around, I stared at the owner of the voice. She emerged from the trees, her clothes was the same as last time, black and tight. Her hair blown freely in the wind, which suddenly started roaring. Her eyes held something unreadable in them, leaving a mystery for me.

‘Dora,’ I nodded. ‘Why have you summoned me here?’

‘I had a sister,’ Dora ignored my question. ‘Once.’

She walked closer to me, and circled me. ‘I loved her so much. She was the only one I had left. She was beautiful, and was the best sister one could ever have,’ she continued. ‘But she was killed, murdered brutally by some other vampire. She simply wanted revenge for her love. They had taken him away from her because of a puny human.

‘I searched and searched, looking for those who are responsible for killing my beloved sister. Finally, after some investigation, I found out they live in Forks, or rather, lived in Forks. They had moved away soon after the incident.’

My heart leaped with horror with every word, panic struck me. The case she spoke of was familiar, like I’d heard it somewhere before. The glint in Dora’s eyes glowed brighter in a way it began to scare me.

‘But now, things change. They’ve returned, Nessie,’ Dora giggled. ‘And I can avenge Vicky.’

‘What?’ I asked fearfully.

‘Oh, I’m sorry,’ Dora mocked sorrow. ‘I almost forgot, you weren’t born then. No matter. Perhaps you’ve heard of the name Victoria?’

I gasped as my nightmare materialized in front of me. Dora, she was Victoria’s sister, and she wanted revenge. I must warn mum and dad!

‘You want to kill mum and dad?’

‘Originally,’ she replied. ‘There is a change in plan. They are too powerful for me to take on, especially when they had the whole family of backup and pretty much a lifetime of experience. I wasn’t sure could I achieve my plan. However, Nessie,’ she touched my cheek gently. ‘You’re here. Someone not as matured, yet I can still have my revenge.’

She screamed as I showed her yet another picture, taking her by surprise. I took the opportunity to flee, running as fast as my feet could. I dashed into the forest, trying to escape.

I didn’t want to die, and I knew she wouldn’t hesitate to kill me. No mercy shown. Above all, she had the ability to cloak herself, making her unable to detect. She could attack from any, and everywhere without me noticing.

Braches brushed my body as I run by, clawing my clothes. I hoped they didn’t draw blood because that would leave a trail for Dora to catch on. Air burnt in my lungs, I choked to breath. Blood coursed through my body rapidly, bringing the fire with it. Pain hit me; I had not run like that, ever. With every ounce of strength, my legs moved like they had never before.
I had no idea how far had I run, but I knew it wasn’t over yet. I didn’t see the end. Was I running to the exit, or into the forest? My mind was too tired and confused to know.

I halted, hearing rattling sounds behind me. I choked back a scream. If I run now, she’d notice; yet if I stayed, I would be captured as soon as she saw me. My mind debated, and chose to stayed in the end. She was faster, and much stronger than I was. It was impossible to outrun her.

A shadow jumped on me, I shrieked.

I was found.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the sort of sucky chapter and not updating eariler. Writer's block. >< And I was out, I went my cousin's.
Hope you enjoy reading it. Please subscribe and comment.