Waning Moon

Over

b[]My attacker knocked me down, pushing me onto the ground. I tried to scream, to shout for help, but a hand covered my mouth. Correction, a pawcovered my mouth.

‘Jake?’

He nodded his head. I breathed out a sigh of relief. Thank goodness it wasn’t Dora, I did not know how to fight her. I didn’t want to. There was still a part of me believe she was my friend in spite of the short amount of time we’d met. Maybe I was too kind-hearted.

‘How do you know I’m out here?’ I was sure I did not leave any message or clue behind so no one would disturb us.

Jake showed his teeth in a funny way, emphasizing on his fangs. He growled a little, and pretended to chomp on my neck.

‘Father,’ I deduced quickly. So I wasn’t able to evade his reading after all. I would have been annoyed, but thanks to him, I was saved from Dora’s clutches. ‘What about Aunt Alice?’
Jake nodded again.

‘I see,’ she also tried to help me even if I was always blurry in her visions.

He let go of me gently. I stood up slowly, taking in the surroundings with my inhuman eyes. There was something amiss, yet I could not place it. Something was wrong, I could feel it. My instinct was warning me to be careful. My senses tingled with danger.

Jake suddenly bolted to my right, blocking an incoming rock. I gasped, my hands covered my mouth as I saw blood started to pour down from Jake’s back. He struggled to stand on his wobbly legs.

‘Jake!’

‘Tsk, the mutt blocked the attack.’

I jumped, narrowly avoiding Dora as she charged at me. She skied to a halt, then proceed to dash at me again. I flipped in the air. Extending my hand, I pushed myself off the ground just as Dora sent a kick in my direction. She sent another kick towards me, which I blocked with my right arm. Pain shot up my arm, a bruise was bound to appear.

‘Stop it, Dora,’ I yelled.

She paid no attention to my words, but continued her kicks. One of it landed successful on my abdomen, sending me into a tree. My back hit the wood hard, fire burnt in my spine.
Dora rolled to the side, dodging Jake’s ambush. He shielded me with his body, trying to protect as much as possible. I cringed at the sight of Jake’s injured body. Jake leaped on Dora, clawing her. Dora shrieked, biting onto Jake’s body.

They rolled away, knocking down a few trees in the process. I heard fists against flesh, and the sound of crunching bones. Jake got off Dora and circled her, limping. Dora panted, heaving heavily, her eyes shifted from between awareness towards Jake to hatred towards me. As if there was a signal, they both jumped at each other at the same time, fangs and claws ready.

‘Dora! Jake!’

‘They’ll be fine.’

I looked my mother, who appeared out of nowhere. Uncle Emmet and Jasper were holding on Dora, securing her onto the ground like a police to a criminal, while Father kneed next to Jake. Aunt Rosalie and Alice stood a few yards away from Dora, staring at her intensely, as if they were the wardens and Dora the prisoner.

‘It’s over, Dora,’ father said in his smooth voice.

‘No!’ Dora cried, causing mother to flinched, probably from the foggy memory when she was human.

‘It’s over,’ father repeated.

Dora hung her head, sniffling and crying. I felt pity to the broken vampire. She loved her sister, Victoria, too much to let go of the grudge. I walked before Dora, who kept weeping with her head down.

‘Dora…’

She never let me finished the sentence because she grabbed me and pulled me down to her level, her fangs aimed at my neck. Shocked, I froze, unable to respond to her abrupt attack. I prepared for the worst as she grew closer.

Jake pounced on Dora, stopping her attack effectively. Uncle Emmet and Jasper pressed down on Dora, while Jake carried on to claw at her. I closed my eyes in fear of what I might witness. I could not bear the bloodshed. Dora’s screams echoed in my ears, each was more painful and horror-filled than the last. Until one blood-curdling scream, and all went quiet.

‘Is it…over?’ I asked weakly, using father’s word.

‘Yes, dear.’

‘Good,’ I whispered. ‘I want to rest now.’

I fell onto the ground with a ‘thud’, my family calling out for me. Their voice grew further away as I drifted deeper into the darkness peacefully.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ignore what I said in the A/N in chapter1. This is the shortest chapter I have ever written. Sorry, but I'm running out of time! Today, or rather tonight, was the deadline. And it's already 0145 over here in Hong Kong.
I hope this wasn't too sucky and please review.