Status: Sorry I've been really busy but I'll try to update :)

The Forgotten

Three Lifetimes

I was able to hear them but wasn't able to move.

I knew a lot of things now; the bullet had popped out and healed itself, aunt Charlotte was responsible for that.
When the waves of memory receded, I felt... overloaded with different personalities.

Valentine Leclarq was born in 1913, she was a sweet girl who minded her own business. I could tell you her favorite color, her horse's name, the first book she learned to read. She represented the compassionate part of me. She would never hold a grudge against anyone and would help someone if they needed it. She learnt several languages throughout her life.

Rowan Ross was born in 1947, 18 years after Valentine died. She was kind and considerate and never thought twice when anyone called on her. She represented the child in me. She had a bubbly personality but the thing with her was that she never fully grew up. She died four days after her 16th birthday.

Celeste McGregor was born in 1981, another 18 years after Rowan. She was the tomboy and was always out doing something she shouldn't. For example; climbing fences, trees, poles. But back in those days that was considered improper for a girl to do and so she was chastised. She died when she was sixteen as well.

I was born 10 months after she died which was what bugged me. I wasn't anything special. I was headstrong, foolhardy and always getting into trouble. I was nothing like them.

I opened my eyes but didn't move any other body part. I lay lying on someone's lap and we appeared to be in a car. I saw that Charlotte was driving and Abel was in the front seat which meant that Nelly was holding me. They were talking.

Abel was saying, "She died three times because of me," he grumbled, "I can't let her die again."
"So you want to kill her yourself by leaving?" Charlotte countered with. He glared at her but her eyes were on the wheel.
Nelly began to stroke my hair absently. I stiffened and reminded myself that she's still my best friend and that just because she was turning into a pixie doesn't mean anything. Pixies were blood sucking, evil little creatures.

A little part of my conscience whispered, 'But isn't Abel a blood drinker too?'
I mentally killed that voice and focused on Abel and Charlotte's conversation, we'd deal with Nelly's situation together like BFFs should.

"I can't believe Luna would just leave without at least warning Selene," Abel was saying.
"Maybe she was threatened," Charlotte suggested, "Lucas cares for her as you do Selene and if he thought she was in trouble he'd disappear with her."
"But not even leaving a note?"
"Where's our destination?" Charlotte asked avoiding the question.
"My house."
"No way," she said.
"Why not?"
"You heard Selene and you also have me as a witness," Charlotte said, "Your Aunt Samara is an evil woman. We're best not troubling her."
"Samara hasn't visited in fifteen years," Abel said, "Why would she now?"
"Because her plans to kill Selene permanently failed?" Charlotte suggested.
"We could be dealing with a shifter," Abel said, "Samara probably had nothing to do with this."
"So you say," Charlotte mused.
The conversation was going nowhere so I decided to try sitting up just to shut them up. My brain felt like mush.

"Hey how're you feeling?" Charlotte asked noticing my movement in the mirror.
"Like crap," I responded. Abel and Nelly stared at me. I leaned against the door on the other side of the car, "What?"
"It's okay it'll take awhile to sort out your languages," Charlotte said unfazed. It took me awhile to realize we both spoke in Italian.
"Weird," I said in German.
"Oh," Abel said and the pain burned through our bond.
I was furious.
"Oh come on get over it!" I rumbled in Russian not having a clue of how to stop it, "It's not your fault. I died. Big deal. I came back and this time I have no intention of dying again. One thing I have that they didn't have- was you Abel. You weren't there but you are here now and you better now leave!" I don't think he understood my words but he knew my thoughts.

He frowned and then said, "I would never leave you Selene. But I have to warn you; things are going to get difficult."
I took in a deep breath as I saw twisted metal flash before my eyes.
"Right," I said in English, "Charlotte I need you to stop the car."
She did as I asked without questions, pulling over to let the car behind us go ahead. It then slammed into an invisible barrier.
"Oh shit! We need to help them!" Nelly screamed and disappeared.

There were loud screeching noises on the top of our car and then sniffing sounds. Charlotte and Abel looked at me, "Six, wolves, danger" I whispered, I closed my eyes and saw more coming, "We have to move now!" But then someone opened the back door and I was pulled out before any of them could react. I got no visions from him; which meant one thing.

"Hello princess," the voice said, Abel growled. The wolves had blocked all the exits of the car.
"Sorry brother," Caleb said with a wild grin, he was darkly handsome, "But she's mine."

His wings spread out behind him, he winked at me as I squirmed in his arms, then realizing what he was going to do, I looked Abel through the window. His expression was frightening as Caleb shot up into the sky.