Status: Sorry I've been really busy but I'll try to update :)

The Forgotten

Abel's Turmoil

He watched as his traitorous brother flew off with his beloved Selene. Though he knew that Caleb wouldn't hurt her; it hurt to think that she was with him. The worst part was that he couldn't do anything about it. Especially not with all these 'Hunters' surrounding the car; Selene calls them hybrids. A few were alright to take down but not fifty.

The humans were wary so they stayed in there protective little houses and dared not venture out. After all the beasts would just turn invisible and probably kill them.

"Why aren't we doing something?" Selene's best friend interjected. She was growing redder by the minute due to the brewing faerie in her. She had popped back into the car just as Caleb snatched Selene. It wasn't that she was annoying; it’s that she was turning faerie. Faeries and vampires don't really fly in the same group. But he was putting up with her because she meant a lot to Selene.

"Because we cannot interfere till the hounds are gone," Charlotte said. Abel threw her a grateful smile. But Nelly went on.
"And I ask again, why?"
Charlotte sighed, "Because if we make a move and anger the beasts we might cause injury to the humans by default. Or we could be defeated because we would be outnumbered."
"So when they do move, Abel are you gonna go fight your brother?" Nelly continued.
"No," he said.
"Why?" she asked again. He thought about punching her or getting Charlotte to put her under a sleep spell.
"Because Janelle," he emphasized each word, "Caleb is a strong vampire prince. He's older than I by twenty five years and is nearing his 128th birthday. He grows stronger every day. He wants something, he goes after it. He's wanted Selene since she was Annabelle but he won't hurt her. He never has."

"Do not call me Janelle!" Nelly screeched.
He was fuming.
Charlotte took over, "Look Nell, I know you're worried. I am and he is. But Caleb won't hurt her. He vowed never to hurt the mate of a sibling. All rivalries are brother to brother or sister in the vampire world."

"So he met her before? As Annabelle?" Nelly asked after the silence stretched.
"No," Abel said, "He saw her from a distance as Annabelle. He met her when she was Rowan."
Nelly mused, "So where were you?"
"Busy," he muttered. Truth was- Caleb sent him out on a wild goose chase while he seduced Rowan. But she was smart and hardheaded and a stayed safe distance.

"We'll move when the Hunters leave," he added before she could comment.
"Where to?" Nelly asked warily slumping back into her seat.
"My house," he said with a look to Charlotte, "We're going to get help from my sister since my parents will think its just child's play."
He closed his eyes and focused on Selene. Her thoughts came loud and clear.

'Well it’s about time Abel! Do you know how long I've been feeling your emotions but haven't gotten a thought!'
'Sorry Sel, are you alright?'
'Yes Abel, he hasn't hurt me...yet'
'He won't, where are you?'
'Let me see, oh, the fricking sky!'

He sighed mentally.
'Look I'm sorry I'm just scared,' she said quietly.
'Its okay we're coming to get you, and Selene?'
'Yeah?'
'I have always loved you and I still love you.'
'As do I my sweet'
she said before he opened his eyes. The Hunters were moving. Charlotte started the car.
"She's okay?" she asked. He nodded. Fay had to help us, he thought. If not her then we're on our own.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was for Abel :)