Alexander and Cole

God Only Knows

The door on the opposite side of the room opened and in walked a rosy cheeked old woman, carrying a silver tray that was full of food. She was smiling, which made her already wrinkly face crease even more and her salt and pepper hair was pulled back in a tight bun on top of her head.

She was wearing a white oxford shirt, a white apron that had several pockets, and a long black skirt that almost brushed the floor boards. I cleared my throat and it was apparent that I had startled her as she looked up at me with wide eyes.

"Oh dear, you gave me quite a start there miss, you did. How long have you been awake? Oh deary me, never mind, are you hungry? Ive brought you some breakfast, the master said you might be hungry." She rambled on with a bit of an English accent. My stomach gurgled just then, reminding me of its empty state.

"Yes, thank you. I am kinda hungry." I rasped. My throat was dry and painful, almost like I had been inhaling smoke.

"Well, here you are then", She said as she set the tray on the night stand at the foot of the fainting couch. "The master will be pleased as punch to hear that you are awake now. Oh, where are my manners! Forgive me deary, for not introducing my self when I walked in. Margarete Carina, at your service, but most every one calls me Margie." She smiled at me pleasantly.

The way that the skin around her eyes creased reminded me of my grandmother. "Thank you, er Margie." I mumbled looking at the full tray. It held scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes and toast. There was an apple sitting next to a glass of orange juice and next to that was a steaming cup of tea. It looked delicious, and my stomach rumbled to protest the fact that I wasn't stuffing my face this very second.

"Your welcome deary, I'll go tell the master your awake and leave you to eat in peace. Toodaloo!" I was about to ask her who this 'master' was, but she had already disappeared from the room. The smell of bacon wafted into my nose right as my stomach made its opinion known again. So I started eating.

-----------

When I had finished eating, there was nothing to do. I thought about leaving the room to go explore this new place, but not knowing how large this house is, and not knowing the layout of it would make me highly susceptible to getting lost. So instead, I turned my attention to the white washed armoire. There was a small key, with an intricately designed handle, in the keyhole.

When I turned it to the left, one of the doors popped open. The hinges squeaked a bit when I opened both doors, but the small annoyance went unheeded at the sight of what was inside. Beautiful dresses, all sorts of colors and styles. It amazed me how so many dresses could fit into such a small space.

"You like?" A deep voice asked from directly behind me. Surprised, I spun around, only to find myself practically nose to nose with the one guy Id like to stay far, far away from.

"Fuck," I gasped. He was way too close for comfort, and the strange way he was looking at me wasn't making it any better. "Didn't anyone ever tell you its not polite to sneak up on people, Crevan?" The only answer I got from him was a shoulder shrug and an odd chuckle.

I sighed, exasperated. The guy kidnaps me for god only knows what, to god only knows where, after being gone for god only knows how long, and all he can do is shrug? Hell no, he'd better fess up some answers now or I'm outta here!

Once I find the exit, wherever that is.

He hadn't made a move to get out of my personal bubble, so I put my hands on his chest and pushed him back, or at least attempted to. He just smirked like a cocky idiot.

"Does me being so close bother you?" he asked, his breath hitting my face. This just earned a frustrated huff from me. I took a step back, which to my fierce agitation, caused him to step forward and thus put me right back into my previously uncomfortable state.Punching him in the face sounded really good at that moment.

"Stop it! God, enough with the mind games!" I almost yelled. "You already abducted me and brought me here, wherever the hell here is!" This made me scrunch my face up in regard to how long I had been out of it. I didn't even know what today's date was!

"Where am I any way? How long was I out of it? But most importantly, why did you kidnap me?" I asked, almost afraid to hear the answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
My inspiration for this chapter! http://youtu.be/Qz6IMjdthr4