What Happens When You Mix Green With Chemicals?

Ch. 18

After dressing, I washed the makeup off my face. I quickly brushed through my multicolored hair. I grabbed a towel that the hotel supplied us with and threw on a top and shorts. I then walked out of the hotel room and to the pool.
Bob, Ray, Tre, and Billie Joe were already in the pool. Gerard was no were to be seen. Olivia was sitting on a chair catching the rays of the sun. Mikey was talking to her. Frank was talking to Bob from the side of the pool.
I snuck up on Frank. I put my finger to my lips to signal for Bob to be quiet. Then I kicked Frank in the butt, pushing him into the pool. He came up sputtering and dazed. I laughed out loud.
"Ha ha, very funny." Frank said. "Help me out." He said, reaching for my hand.
"Can't fool me." I told him, backing away slowly. I backed into something solid that slid their hands around my waist.
"That wasn't very nice." A husky voice came from the person. I knew immediately it was Gerard from the New Jersey accent.
"No no no no no no please!" I pleaded as he picked me up bride-style and carried me to the side of the pool. Then he jumped in. With me still in his arms.
I came up gasping, in Gerard's arms, like a hug. He was laughing. I tried glaring at him, but ended up laughing with him.
"We're even." Frank said, swimming up to us. I was acutely aware of Gerard's muscles up against my back.
"Alright lovers, break it up." Mike said. I rolled my eyes and couldn't fend off a slight blush. Gerard let me go.
Throughout our pool visit, we played a few games of chicken with noodles and just swam while socializing. After about an hour, every one got out and we all went up to our rooms.
Gerard followed me into mine. After both of us changing, he laid down on my bed. When I walked by him, he grabbed me and made me lay next to him. He snuggled his face into my neck. I giggled because his breath was warm. We laid like that for some time. Gerard finally sighed and moved his head away from my neck.
"When I said I loved a couple days ago, I really meant it. Even though I had a girlfriend. I never wanted you to get hurt because of me. But I do love you, you're my best friend." Gerard told me. He hesitated at the end, but didn't speak further. I was slightly confused by how he brought his ex into this.
"And I love you too, Gee. Really, you're one of the best people I've ever met. It's not your fault I have a psycho ex." I replied. I wondered if he knew I didn't mention he's my best friend. He is, but I was thinking I might like him more than that. Gerard placed his head back into my neck. If anyone walked into the room right now, it would look like we were dating.
I glanced at the clock. It was only about three pm. I hadn't noticed Gerard's scent. He smelt of the cologne he used, chlorine, and faint cigarettes. I decided to talk to him later about the cigarettes. At that moment, Tre walked into the room.
"Ah! Mike, the two lovers are spooning!" He exclaimed. This only made Gerard throw his arms around me and pull me closer to him as he buried his face into my hair. Mike came in a moment later with a stern expression on his face.
"...They aren't doing anything, Tre." Mike said.
"I know." Tre replied happily, then skipped over to a chair surrounding our TV. Mike rolled his eyes and exited the room. I was very aware of Gerard's every breath, and how his chest rose with every beat. Tre decided nothing was really going on, so he left.
Then the next thing happened. I could have swore I felt a nibble on my neck. I shrugged it off as nothing. Until he bit harder down on my neck. I jumped, but Gerard held me in place. I could feel him giggling against my neck.
"What the hell?" I said. Gerard giggled even more.
"Sorry. Couldn't help it." He replied.
"You couldn't help biting me." I said. He nodded.
"I just-well." He paused. "I guess I just wanted to know your reaction. So what is your reaction? Truthfully."
"Well, ah, it was completely unexpected, that's for sure. And, to be completely honest, I'm going to make a complete fool out of myself." I hesitated on telling him. "It felt good." Gerard burst out laughing, then sobered.
"So if I did it again, you would enjoy it? Would you respond?" He asked. I squirmed uncomfortably.
"...Maybe. We're best friends, and that would be kinda awkward, though." I replied. He chuckled slightly and took his face out of my hair.
"Friends with benefits." He told me, wiggling his eyebrows. My mouth hung open.
"Nu-uh!" I replied indignantly. Gerard started to laugh at my expression. I glared at the covers.
"I'm gonna start calling you my little Sweetheart." Gerard said suddenly. I gave him a confused look.
"Why?" I asked. He shrugged.
"That is for me to know." He replied. I pouted, knowing he wouldn't tell me.
"You're so cute when you pout." Gerard told me. I blushed instantly.
"Well, ah, thank you. What are we doing today?" I asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
I l<3ve writing this chapter.... It make me happy =)
~Lauren