Status: finished

Never Perfect Boyfriend

Aaron Davis

I turned seventeen in August at the start of school. My little sister, Isabella, had suddenly grown an interest in ski racing. So naturally my parents took her over to the facilities at one of our local mountains. Even though it was the end of summer, all of the racers were there for working out in their gym.

Izzy was in heaven the second she saw the posters. Ted Ligety, Bode Miller, Lindsay Vonn, she was about to die. And when she met the coach? Oh just put a fork in her. She was so done.

The coach was very handsome, and immediatly showed an interest in me. He was about twenty two years old, not the head coach, but pretty high up there.

"Hello, I'm Dave Dankas. Can I help you?" Dave gave me his most flirtatious smile, but I wasn't biting. I already saw someone else around the corner that seemed to notice me too.

"My little sister would like to join your ski team." I mutter, looking over Dave's shoulder.

"My name is Izzy!" Izzy was only seven, but she was just as beautiful as I am. I always thought she would grow up to be better looking than me. But as she's growing up, she might fall just a bit short.

"Hello Izzy. Would you like a tour of the facility while I discuss financial issues with your, um-"

"Sister." I say, and turn to look at him fully, "And money isn't a problem."

Dave looks surprised, but shrugs it off and takes Izzy alone for the tour. I walk around aimlessly, taking peeks at the gorgeous boy working out in the gym with about thirty other people.

I find myself leaning against the wall, and propping one leg up so they show the amazing tan I had gotten. The guys that were in the room were staring profusely, and I felt myself get a bigger smile.

I tried to look like I was texting. I saw from the corner of my eye, that someone had opened the door to the gym and was walking towards me. I looked up and then suddenly there he was.

Sixteen at the most I suspected, but insanely handsome. I felt butterflies in my stomach at the looks of him.

"Hey." He grins at me with a slow practiced smile. I smile back.

"Hey."

"So, are you going to be skiing here?" The guy asks me, placing the towel he had in his hand around his neck and picking up his gym bag.

"No, but my little sister might be." I stand up straight and push my shoulder blades together causing an immediate push out in my boobs and it made my posture look great.

"Cute, the little blonde girl?"

"Yeah, she's adorable. She loves to ski and she loves going fast so this might be her thing." I smile and the guy leans on the wall next to me and lowers his head, making his eyes look dark and sexy.

"Then what's your thing?"

"You'll have to find out." I turn towards him. He smiles and then we of course are interrupted.

"Oh, isn't Aaron just flirting with all the pretty girls?" I look up to see a girl, well I think it's a girl, she looks so man like it's kind of hard to tell. But she was mildly attractive, nothing big. Her face was just a little too wide, her legs just a little to masculine and her stomach just a little too pudgy. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun and she reeked of sweat and body oder.

I couldn't help but crinkle my nose at the sight of her.

"Actually, I was just about to ask-" Aaron looks at me.

"Scarlett."

"Scarlett on a date." Aaron smiles at me and I nod.

"I would love to."

Over a few dates, we had quickly become close. Closer than I thought I would ever have gotten with someone I just met. But I really liked Aaron. He was really nice, really dedicated, and extremely into me. As I was for him.

I got used to run around as his girlfriend to different mountains in the winter for Aaron's races. I tried to ski better so I would be able to wait for Aaron at the bottom, but I couldn't after awhile.

And when you think that during the spring and the summer that he isn't skiing, you're wrong. Aaron is a very good racer, he wins every race, and skis everywhere.

I have been all over the world with Aaron already, and I love him more than I've loved either of my first two boyfriends. With Lucas, it hadn't been real love, just puppy love. With Ryder it had been masked painful love, but with Aaron? I really love him. I am in love with him.

But as the months wore on to when we first met, our one year anniversary fast approaching, Aaron was getting more and more stressed. It wasn't enough for me to be around and massage his back or just love him like I love to do, he gets extremely stressed just sitting around. We hadn't kissed kissed in a good two weeks, Aaron just sleeps.

Dave was getting rougher with Aaron since he was 'olympic potential'. One day I was waiting in the apartment Aaron and I shared since I was eighteen and my parents, who had finally decided to come home, were tired of us being together there.

Today was our anniversary, I had set up so much, I got a cake. I got him a new pair of GS poles since he broke his and I set them up in front of the couch. I was so excited that I was practically jumping up and down in my seat.

I wanted to give Aaron everything and I planned to tonight.

Aaron came rushing in the door and stopped dead in his tracks. His face was sullen and his eyes had deep black circles around them from lack of sleep and over stress.

Aaron looked confused and ran a hand through his hair, "Baby, what's all of this?"

Baby. I loved it when he called me baby.

"It's our one year anniversary." I smile and run over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist and burying my head into his chest.

But Aaron didn't hug me back, and he pushed me off.

"What's wrong?" I ask, kind of hurt. Aaron was now pacing.

"I can't do this, no. I can't keep doing this to you. I'm not worthy of your love. I can't be with you Scar. I'm sorry." Aaron steps back from me, and I feel my heart drop.

"Y-you're breaking up with me?" I felt myself stagger back and hit the couch. No, no, no. I can't let him do this to me.

Aaron stared at me, and I could feel the gaze, the pain in the gaze, "I don't think it's right for me to be with you. So yes, I am." Aaron walked over to me, I had started crying and he wiped as many tears away from my face as he could, "I love you Scar, but I need to be on my own for some time."

Aaron touched the GS poles I had gotten him.

"Are these for me?" My heart was sore, broken. I felt like a million weights had been dropped on me. But I nodded, "Thank you." Aaron picked them up and pulled me into a bone crushing hug that I gladly accepted, "Ssh, it's okay. I'm so sorry Scar. It's okay. It's okay." Aaron murmered in my ear, but I barely heard him over my sobs. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." Aaron released me and then was out the door.

I hadn't heard from him since. So what did I do to get over my pain? I found a new boyfriend. Even though I wanted no one and I didn't want anyone else. I knew this would be the only way to get over Aaron.

Which I found out a long time later, that was really hard to do.

Josh Anderson, number four.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aaron: http://www.snocountry.com/images/us_team_images/ussa_head_shots/alpine_team/ford_tommy.jpg