Status: finished

Never Perfect Boyfriend

Josh Anderson

Josh was probably the most boring boyfriend I'd had yet. And that was exactly what I needed. Someone that held my attention while I got over Aaron. I guess I never really got over Aaron, and that kills me.

Josh wasn't very tall, he was around five nine, maybe an inch higher. He had shaggy blonde hair and blue eyes. Nothing all too special, but handsome.

Josh was my senior year boyfriend. I didn't love him like I loved the other boys, but I liked him long enough to stay with him for a good year. He was no Lucas, absolutely beautiful, but not exactly a Ryder, dark and mysterious. He was just Josh.

My parents loved him, he talked about everything to them, but when he was with me it was quiet and reserved.

I lost my virginity to Josh. Yes, ridiculous. I wanted to lose it so bad to Aaron, and I had my heart set on Aaron for the longest time in my life. I remember when Aaron decided to call me when I was hanging out with Josh the month before our one year.

I opened my phone, my heart beating out of my chest, "Hello?" I ask quietly. It was Aaron, but I didn't know what he wanted.

Josh looked at me strangely, "Who is it?"

"Hey it's Aaron." I hear his voice and my eyes almost water. He sounds so tired, so overworked.

"It's Aaron Davis." I say to Josh, who grimaces, "Hey Aaron. What's up?" I try so hard to sound happy, but it's Aaron, and he broke my heart.

"Who's with you?" Aaron voice sounds protective, the way it used to when we'd go out in public.

"It's-It's my boyfriend, Josh." I mutter. Josh takes my other hand and plays with it, but I barely feel him.

"Y-you're boyfriend? You have another boyfriend?" Aaron's voice quivers and I can feel his own pain through my own body.

"Yeah... I mean... well... yeah. He's pretty cool." I smile warmly at Josh.

Aaron gulps so loud I can hear it, "Oh, well I'm sorry. I'll, I'll just go." And before I can tell him not to, he hangs up.

And I cried. I cried so hard that Josh held me until he finally let go.

"Scar, I think we should break up." Josh says and I nod. I can't go on like this.

"I'm sorry Josh. You were really a good guy. I'm sorry." I stand up and he hugs me.

"It's okay. You were too good for me." Josh smiles and kisses my forehead before leaving.

After Josh left I walked down to the town and went into Bojangles to get a sweet tea. And I didn't expect this, but I knew already that I was hooked.

Ricky Murphey is number five.
♠ ♠ ♠
Josh: http://panthercs.ibeatyou.com/26776_pet_1214434016.jpg