Status: Active x

I Love A Wolf

Chapter 6

Opening my eyes, I felt the uncomfortable matress of a hospital bed underneath me. The first thing I thought about was, why am I here?? But then a nurse walked through the door with a grim smile across her face...erm, did grim mean something bad??

"I'm sorry to say dear, but your mother did not make it through the surgery." her words cut through my heart with so much pain, I instantly felt thick salty tears roll down my cheeks. Her eye seemed to sink as she saw my small frame break down slowly. I had no mum...my gate way into this world had died and I couldn't imagine right now my life being the same ever again. It would never be the same...

My dad walked through slowly. His eyes red and puffy from crying. Why had mum done what she did??...I couldn't see what made her do it, but now she's gone. My dad came and sat on my bed, the feeling of someone by my side felt foreign...and as I carried on breaking, feeling my whole world die...the nurse walked away.

The slow thud that door had made as it closed after the nurse, felt like the last thread of my life being cut. My mother was gone...the only person I felt close too, I felt safe to be in the arms of her. My dad soon fell asleep next to me, I watched as his breathing leveled, and my eyes wondered back to that door...could I see her??

I jumped from the bed, my legs covers in the small cuts and grazes from the shower screen. Some say it should be plastic, but ours was glass...had to happen. That's why I was here...

I stumbled out of my room. The nurses wizzed past without giving me a second glance. To be honest, who would?? I was little...and I missed my mum. I needed to see her.
Walking slowly to the front desk, I felt the world silence around me as I crept slowly towards the lady infront of the computer. She saw me coming, a look of puzzlement across her face, probably wondering where I'd come from, this was all so new to me.

"Hello darling, are you lost??" She asked in a sickily sweet voice. I bit my bottom lip hard, trying to control the strong erge to just cry infront of this stranger.

I think the lady gathered my feelings, and shuffled me in behind the desk. Taking a small sign from under the desk, she left it on show for people to see what was written on it. Then, turning her body towards me, she put on a small smile and waited.

Only seconds of her watching, I couldn't hold it any longer, and the thick tears floaded my small face. I felt my body start to shake hard and my small legs couldn't take it any longer. They gave way, my eyes on the ever nearing floor until I felt two hands on the tops of my arms, holding me up. Staring up at the desk lady, she gave me a sad look and lifted me up onto her lap.

I didn't think twice about the fact this was a stranger, I didn't know anything about her, and just took my chance in comfort. Wrapping my small arms around her, I started to cry into her shoulder, wanting nothing else but the pain to vanish.

My Mother was dead.
My Mother was dead.
My Mother was dead.

I couldn't get those four words out of my head, and they were what caused the pain everytime. The strange lady held onto me, laying her head against the top of my head lightly as I soaked her white shirt right through.

"Oh Marie! You found her...her father has been so worried!" a voice spoke out suddenly. I slowly opened my eyes, the feeling of my eyelids being to heavy to hold open for long, but what I did see was the nurse who told me my mummy was dead.

"She just came walking up to the desk, looked like she was about to burst into tears, and then did...would you like me to bring her back to her father??" The ladies voice boomed into my ear that was resting against her,

"If you can Marie"

My world started to float and then bound everytime the ladies foot hit the ground. The darkness in my head started to spread once more, and I soon was pushed back into the realm of darkness.


----

My eyes slowly opened with the feeling of being pressed against a body. A quite a warm body, that had a hand holding mine. Somehow our fingers had been thread together, but I didn't care. It felt nice.

"Kirsta??" a male voice spoke suddenly. I moved my eyes around the room until they landed once more on his icey blues. My hand suddenly having a life of it's own, moved to hold onto his cheek, something I'd never done before to a guy...

My eyes cleared, and as I looked into his I could see he wanted something to happen, but something was holding him back...
Dylan took hold of my hand, and gently pulled it across to cover his lips. A small blush rose across my cheeks as I felt him kiss my palm softly. Feeling a small smile cross my lips at the small gesture.

Did I just feel my heart leap??
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this has taken over a year to be written!
I have had ALOT of things going on recently, and the BIGGEST writters block ontop of everything...
Please give this story some love!