Status: Complete!

Save Me

Tryce.

I really can’t believe what’s happened over the last few days. Morgan’s back. It still seems so unreal to me that after all this time he’s suddenly returned. It’s not like we’ve even had the chance to catch up on what’s been going on in the last…what, 9 years? That’s a long time for ‘best’ friends to be apart. He’s got a lot of explaining to do, that’s for sure. I dread to think what his reaction to finding out about Jensen will be though, I really do.

After I took Morgan back from the hospital, I called Javier to explain who Morgan was. He wasn’t really that thrilled that one of my old friends had returned, but I told him that he’ll have to get used to sharing me. Another thing he didn’t like. But Javier will get used to it – he always does. That’s one of the things I like about him.

The beach incident with Morgan was three days ago and, since Joe gave me two days off after that, today is my first day back at work since then. With any luck all the drama will have calmed down. If not…I’ll just have to ignore it. Besides, tonight is the night that Morgan and his family are meant to come round for dinner, so hopefully my shift today will pass quickly without too much hassle.I really can’t wait to see him again.

So my usual morning routine took place. Wake up early, get dressed into my uniform, blare music to wake Carlie up, grab a poptart and jump into my Impala. Blah blah boring routine. I really need something to spice up my life, that’s for sure. I’m so tired of being able to predict exactly how my day is going to happen, what I’ll do and exactly what time I’ll be at a certain place. It’s the same damn thing every single day and I hate it! I want some fun! Some excitement! Something that’ll flip my world upside down, even for only a day. Anything.

But enough of my ranting. I got to work on time and parked my car, heading straight over to my station. Javier’s not working today so I won’t have anyone to talk to so much. Oh well.

“Tryce!”

I looked down at the bottom of my ladder and sighed. Rachel. I’m really not in the mood for her gossiping.

“Yeah?” I called back.

“I want to talk to you!” she announced.

Then I remembered I had something I needed to talk to her about. Morgan said something about Rachel being the one that made him go into the water in the first place – so I’d better find out what the hell he was going on about. So I nodded and climbed down my ladder, standing in front of her.

“How can I help you?” I asked politely.

“I just wanted to know if that boy is okay. The one that nearly drowned,” Rachel simpered.

“Morgan? Yeah, he’s fine now. That’s something I wanted to talk to you about, actually,” I said simply.

“Oh, really?” Rachel asked, confused.

“Yeah, he said that you were the one that made him go in the water in the first place. Care to explain?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I was just looking at him. I didn’t do anything,” Rachel defended.

“Ray, if that’s not all you did, I don’t appreciate you lying,” I sighed, knowing she hadn’t finished talking by the look in her eyes.

Rachel bit her bottom lip lightly, before looking back up at me.

“Okay, so I was watching him for a bit. I was started to walk over to him to talk to him but then he scampered off into the water! It wasn’t my fault!” Rachel pouted.

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

“Morgan can’t swim. You must’ve really freaked him out,” I said softly.

“I didn’t mean to,” Rachel whimpered, her bottom lip trembling.

“Alright, alright, don’t cry on me. Those baby blues shouldn’t be crying,” I soothed.

Rachel sniffed and nodded.

“I’m sorry, Tryce,” Rachel mumbled.

“Just try to tone it down a bit, yeah?” I suggested.

“Yeah, okay,” Rachel nodded, perking up a bit.

“That’s the Rachel I know. I’ve got to get back to work, but I’ll talk to you later?” I said with a smile.

“Okay!” Rachel grinned.

I climbed back up my ladder without a second thought.

*

It was 8 hours later that I finally got back home, wanting nothing more than to take a shower and go to sleep. My back is killing me! It’s a shame that my parents and Carlie can’t give decent back massages – I’ll just have to shell some money out for a physiotherapist again at the end of the month instead. Wonderful. Then the smell of my mom’s famous vegetable lasagna hit my nose as I opened the front door – Morgan and his family are coming to dinner! Shit! With a groan I closed the door. I can’t believe I forgot they’re coming over.

“Tryce? Is that you?” my mom called from the kitchen.

“Yeah mom,” I called back.

I trudged down the hallway and into the kitchen, kissing her forehead in a greeting.

“You look exhausted,” my mom frowned.

“Busy day. And my back is killing me too,” I admitted, yawning a little.

“Do you want me to call and reschedule?” my mom offered.

I thought about it for a few seconds, before shaking my head. I’ll live.

“No, it’s okay. I’m gonna go take a quick shower though,” I replied, shaking my head.

“Alright, if you’re sure. You said 6, right?” my mom asked.

I glanced at my cellphone. Half 5 already?! With another groan, I ran upstairs.

Half an hour later, I emerged from the bathroom, towel wrapped round my waist. I’d roughly dried my hair already with a towel, so it can dry on its own now. I walked back down the corridor to my bedroom, only to freeze at the sight of Morgan sitting on my bed. His eyes went wide when he saw me.

“Uh…hi?” I offered, blushing lightly.

Why the hell am I blushing? It’s only Morgan!

“S-Sorry, your mom said I could come up,” Morgan stammered, staring at my torso.

Alright, play it cool, Tryce. Just act casual. Friends walk around each other in towels all the time.

“Are your parents downstairs then?” I asked, walking over to my wardrobe.

“Unfortunately. I don’t talk to my dad and his step-whore,” Morgan spat.

“Oh, okay,” I mumbled, slightly taken aback by his tone.

As I picked out a pair of plain black boxers to wear, Morgan sighed.

“Sorry, I just don’t get along with them. Like, at all,” Morgan muttered.

“Nah, it’s cool man, I shouldn’t have asked. It’s not my place,” I shrugged, shimmying my boxers on under my towel.

Once my boxers were on, I dropped the towel and pulled on the nearest clean pair of jeans I could find.

“So it’s just me you'll be talking to tonight then?” I asked, trying to keep the conversation flowing.

“Yeah, just you. Hope you don’t mind?” Morgan asked playfully.

“Course not. You were my best friend until we were 8 after all,” I laughed.

I missed the look of hurt on his face as I reached for a crisp white shirt. Nothing like dressing nicely for dinner! We were silent for a while as I buttoned up my shirt, but I smiled at him as I finished.

“I’m glad you’re back, Morgie,” I said honestly.

I really have missed him.

“I’m glad to be back now I know you’re still around, Tee,” Morgan smiled back.

What does he mean by that? Probably just that he’s glad to see a familiar face. Yeah, that’s it. I stretched my arms over my head and winced, the muscles still knotted up from work.

“What’s wrong?” Morgan asked, frowning.

“My back’s killing me from work, and I have to wait till my next paycheck to be able to afford a decent physiotherapist. I don’t like my parents paying for stuff like this,” I explained.

“Your back’s really that bad?” Morgan asked again, frowning even more.

“Every now and again. I’m used to it though,” I shrugged.

I’m used to the sleepless nights and the constant strain to better myself, yeah. But he wouldn’t know what I’m talking about, and I’m not quite ready to tell him yet. Morgan just stayed silent, as if thinking about something.

“Dinner should be ready now, if you want to come downstairs with me?” I prompted, breaking the silence.

“Lead the way,” Morgan smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tryce in a towel? Sounds delicious ;)

Comment&Subscribe!
xo