Status: Complete!

Save Me

Tryce.

The days passed with Morgan and I spending more and more time together, mostly giving him swimming lessons after my shifts at the beach, but sometimes just hanging out. Although Morgan can’t quite move around in the water, he can keep himself afloat, which is something I see as an achievement. We’re still working on him doing front stroke, but that will come with time and practice. At least he’ll be able to keep himself from drowning now!

It almost feels like those terrible 9 years apart never happened, it really does. We’ve somehow slipped back into the easy friendship that we had when we were kids, and I couldn’t be more grateful. It would be the worst thing ever if we’d become awkward with each other, or if we’d changed too much to be able to stand each other’s company. I’m finding it less painful than I would’ve thought to talk about Jensen with Morgan too. Just thinking about the memories the three of us shared always used to reduce me to a complete wreck, but with Morgan it’s just…like breathing. I can’t explain it.

But there’s one thing that has become a problem with all of this. Javier. My Hispanic best friend is still angry with me, and it’s starting to put me down. Javier’s normally so laid-back, so accepting of everything, but with Morgan he just doesn’t seem to be. I don’t understand it. It’s like yesterday at the beach. Both Javier and I were working, but because Morgan was hanging with me at my station, Javier didn’t look to me, let alone talk at me. I don’t see Javier’s problem, I really don’t. But he’s got to have an issue with Morgan, right?

So I’ve decided to confront him today at the gym. Neither of us are working and Javier always goes at 9am like I do. Morgan would never step foot in a gym in public, so I know Javier will talk to me. So at 8.30am, I got into my car and drove to the local gym. I find it peaceful here. It’s just me, my iPod and the machines. In a two-hour session, I normally switch between the running machine, weights, the rowing machine and the bikes, depending on how busy the place is. At 9 in the morning, it’s rarely busy though, which is good. I parked my car and got out, locking it after I’d grabbed my bag from the trunk. I’d only brought a change of t-shirt, a bottle of water, some deodorant and my iPod.

Sure enough, I found Javier tying his shoes in the changing room.

“Hey,” Javier grunted.

“What’s your problem?” I asked bluntly, shoving my bag in a locker.

“Excuse me?” Javier scoffed.

“Ever since Morgan arrived, you’ve become a complete douche. Why?” I stated, raising an eyebrow.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Javier muttered.

I rolled my eyes, pulling my iPod and water out of my bag.

“Bullshit. You know I can read you like a book, so don’t lie to me,” I said firmly.

Javier stared me down for a couple of seconds, before sighing angrily. Finally, a breakthrough.

“Fine, you want to know?” Javier grumbled.

“Yeah, I do,” I replied simply, folding my arms across my chest as I leant against the lockers.

“Ever since that emo kid turned up, all you’ve done is spend time with him, not me. You’ve barely spoken to me. There, I said it,” Javier explained quietly.

“Morgan isn’t emo,” I muttered.

Javier just rolled his eyes and sat down on the bench, looking up at me.

“Why have you been spending so much time with him, Tryce?” Javier asked.

“I’m giving him swimming lessons. Joe said he can’t go in the water until he knows how to swim at least a little bit. And besides, he used to be my best friend when I was a kid,” I explained.

“That’s another thing – this Morgan guy knows so much more about you than I do! No-one knows about your past Tryce, and although every brainless kid in school doesn’t care, I do. I call myself your best friend, yet I don’t know anything about your childhood! Then ‘Morgan’ comes along and automatically he knows more about you than I do! How do you think that makes me feel, huh?” Javier scowled.

I ran my hand through my unruly curls and sighed. I really didn’t know Javier felt that way. Hell, he’s not a guy that speaks about his emotions normally, so of course I didn’t know. But I should’ve known.

“Look, I’m sorry Jav. I didn’t know you felt that way. I just haven’t seen Morgan in so long,” I mumbled.

“I know you haven’t, and that’s cool and all, but I don’t want to be replaced by that scrawny kid,” Javier muttered.

“He isn't scrawny - Morgan’s the captain of his football team, wherever he moved to. And he’s an angry guy with muscles that you wouldn’t guess he has – you’d better watch out,” I mused.

“Pfft, I could take him on any day. He’s only 5ft 7,” Javier scoffed, although he smiled.

I couldn’t help but smile back. I really hope that now Javier’s got this off his chest, he’ll calm down about Morgan. Hell, they could even be quite good friends.

“So are we cool now?” I asked hopefully, now that the tension was broken.

“Yeah, I guess so. You know I can’t stay mad at you anyway. As long as you don’t forget you’re my friend too,” Javier nodded.

“How could I forget you, you hot-headed Mexican bastard?” I grinned.

Javier just laughed and grabbed his iPod from next to him, standing up. The two of us left the changing room, heading down the corridor to the gym.

“Can I just ask something else?” Javier said suddenly.

“Sure,” I chuckled.

“Is there…something going on between you and Morgan?” Javier asked carefully.

I froze on the spot, choking slightly on my saliva. Where the hell did he get that idea from?! Javier must’ve seen my shock because he laughed.

“It’s just that everyone knows you’re bi-curious and all, even though you’ve never done anything more than make-out with guys at parties. I was just wondering,” Javier shrugged.

Yeah I’m bi-curious, but Morgan? I mean, I know I sometimes find myself thinking that Morgan’s attractive, he’s just my friend. That’s it. Hell, why would he ever be attracted to me anyway? And it’s not like I like him either – he’s just a hot guy. I ran my hand through my hair awkwardly, before shaking my head.

“Nah, he’s just a buddy,” I said firmly.

“If you’re sure,” Javier smiled.

“Jav, trust me, if I had a crush on someone, you’d be the first person to know. Morgan may have been my best friend through my childhood, you’ve been my best friend since middle school. You’ve been there for me through all the awkward teenage drama and through high school – that’s important too,” I said sincerely.

“Aww, that makes me feel better. Now let’s stop this mushy shit and go lift some weights,” Javier grinned.

“You read my mind,” I chuckled.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahaha so Javier is suspicious of Morgan and Tryce?
Should he be?With Tryce thinking Morgan's attractive and all?

Comment&Subscribe =]
xo