Status: Complete!

Save Me

Tryce.

Tonight’s the night of mine and Morgan’s first date, four days after we’d decided to go on a date in the first place. I’ve been so busy covering extra shifts at work lately that I’m just exhausted by the time I get home, and all I can manage is to kiss Morgan appreciatively after he gives me a back massage. Yeah, he spends pretty much all his time over here. I don’t know where his dad thinks he is, but my parents love the fact that we’re close friends again. And yeah, they don’t know about us yet. I’m still adjusting to the thought myself.

Morgan’s been keeping himself busy though by teaching his mom how to use video chat, ready for a night where I’ll be introduced to her. He always gets so distraught after he sees her face that I don’t like letting him out of my arms until he’s okay again, and that hurts me. I hate seeing him so down - it’s not right. It turns out that Morgan’s mom is a fast learner though, so after we get back from our date tonight, we’re going to video chat with her. I’m going to see Morgan’s mom after 10 years, and be introduced as his boyfriend. I probably shouldn’t be as nervous as I am, but I can’t help it! I just really want her to like me.

“Are you going to tell me where you’re taking me?” Morgan asked innocently, trailing kisses across my collarbone.

“Nope, and if you don’t stop distracting me we won’t make it back in time to talk to your mom,” I grunted, trying to stop the desires that flowed through my blood.

Morgan giggled and nipped the hollow of my throat, before allowing me to continue getting dressed. I’d chosen a plain white dress shirt with some formal jeans, and my favourite pair of black formal pointed shoes. I rarely wear these, mainly because they’re leather and shiny, so I hope Morgan appreciates the effort. With an attempt to make my hair a little neater (I failed miserably), I left my room, smiling where he was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs. Mom and Dad are visiting friends for a few days, and Carlie is…well, she’s somewhere. Either with one of her minions, or with a random guy she picked up at the mall. I’d rather not think about it.

I smiled as I looked at my boyfriend, taking in his mouthwatering appearance. For once he’d worn a button-up shirt, of course in black, with a thin red tie, black painted-on skinny jeans and a matching red bandana. He wore a pair of worn red chucks too, but I couldn’t care less about them. I just want to tear his clothes off with my teeth. Morgan smirked at the lust in my eyes, and threw my car keys to me before leaving the house. Control, Tryce, control!

It didn’t take long for us to get to our destination. And viola! Before Morgan could look, I put my hands over his eyes.

“Now, I’m going to get out the car before covering your eyes again…promise me you won’t look yet?” I pleaded.

“If it’ll keep you amused,” Morgan chuckled.

I grinned and cut the engine, before running round to his side of the car. I quickly opened his door and covered his eyes again, guiding him out of my Impala before shutting the door and locking it.

“Okay, ready?” I asked.

“Always,” Morgan mused.

I released his sight, pointing slightly down the road to where I'd be taking him.

“A burger joint?” Morgan asked, raising his eyebrow.

“Hey, it’s the classiest and best burger join in town, with a 1950s theme, as well as being fairly isolated because it’s not in the heart of the city. It’s simple, easy-going and relaxed, just like us. Besides, they serve amazing food,” I grinned.

“Tryce, you do know that I’m vegetarian, right?” Morgan smirked.

I froze. W-What?

“Y-You never told me that. Oh my God, I’ve ruined our first date! I’m such a moron!” I whined, running my hands through my hair.

“Hey, hey, calm down,” Morgan soothed, tugging my hands down to my sides, lacing his fingers with mine, “I’m sure there’s something I can eat in there. Besides, it’s the thought that counts. You really believed I’d love this place, and that’s all that matters to me. I’m with you – that’s all I care about,”

I blushed and nodded, still feeling like a complete idiot. How had I let something so important slip? How did I not know it at all?! Morgan chuckled at my frustration, tugging on my hand to pull me into the building.

“Welcome to Hal’s diner. Table for two?”

“Yes ma’am,” I nodded, smiling.

The woman smiled back and guided us to a secluded booth in the corner, handing us two menus.

“I’ll be back shortly for your orders,”

15 minutes later, Morgan had asked for large cheese fries with a side of onion rings, and I’d asked for a cheeseburger. Morgan was also going to eat the salad that came with the burger. I told you this place was classy.

“This is a really cool place, Tee. I’m glad you chose it,” Morgan said sweetly, lacing our fingers together.

“I still feel like a tool for not knowing you’re vegetarian,” I sighed, smiling weakly across the table at him.

“Hey, don’t worry about it, seriously. To be honest, I didn’t think about it, and I shouldn’t have assumed you’d work it out. Lots of meat eaters like cheese or egg or peanut butter sandwiches, so it’s fine. I’m happy here, so please just relax,” Morgan said softly, his eyes boring into mine as he rubbed his thumb reassuringly over my knuckles.

I bit my bottom lip and nodded.

“For you,” I smiled, earning a smile in return.

I don’t know where the time went while we were sitting there, but it was magical. I’ve never felt so at ease with anyone, so for Morgan to make me forget about the ‘upstanding figure’ I’m meant to be really means a lot to me. Our conversation flowed, our laughter was often and my smile didn’t leave my lips, his smile the same. This was perfect for a first date, in my opinion anyway. I can only hope he thinks the same.

“Well that was freaking amazing,” Morgan sighed happily, taking his hand in mine as we started walking down the street to my car.

I’d rapidly chewed gum in the bathroom before we left to get rid of any meat taste, so I was quite happy to kiss Morgan without the worry of him feeling awkward. But as I leant down to press my lips to his, I caught the sight of a set of familiar girls walking towards us. Rachel and her friends. Without thinking, I let go of Morgan’s hand, awkwardly rubbing the back of my neck before sliding both my hands into the pockets of my jeans.

“You have got to be fucking kidding me,” Morgan spat.

I only had time to look at Morgan once before Rachel reached us, and he was furious. Well what the fuck was I supposed to do?! I panicked! I’ve never been in public with another guy before in front of people I know, so I did the first thing that came to mind. And I know that it was a mistake. Morgan’s not going to forgive me easily for this, I know that much.

Shit, why did I even let go of his hand? It’s only Rachel!

“Hey Tryce,” Rachel purred, smiling flirtatiously at me, completely ignoring Morgan.

My boyfriend cleared his throat to gain her attention, and her big blue eyes slowly moved to him. I frowned at a flicker of annoyance, but then she plastered a big smile on her lips.

“You’re…Matthew, right?” she simpered.

“Morgan, actually. Would you mind fucking off?” Morgan growled.

I winced at his harsh language, Rachel and her friends gasping. Morgan!

“Tryce, are you really going to let him speak to me like that? I thought we were friends!” Rachel pouted.

“Morgan is my best friend…and we were having dinner. You did interrupt our night,” I sighed.

3…2…1…

“We’re also boyfriends, and you’ve pissed me off on our first date…so disappear before I really get angry,” Morgan snapped. And there we go.

I bit back my groan as Rachel and her friends all gasped again. These girls are the ones that gossip the most at our high school, so I know what Morgan just announced will be spread by tomorrow morning. Am I ready for that? Am I really ready for everyone to know that my bi-curious-ness isn’t just at parties?

“B-Boyfriends? Tryce, is this true?” Rachel whimpered.

I swallowed heavily and nodded, lifting my head high. Might as well try to salvage the situation.

“Yeah, we are,” I replied softly, relinking Morgan’s fingers with my own.

Rachel’s eyes went wide, but before she could react verbally, Morgan dragged me down the street to my car. When we reached my beat-up Impala, he tore his hand from mine and got into the passengers side. I hesitated for a second or two, before getting in as well. As soon as I shut the door, Morgan turned to glare at me.

“What the fuck was that?” he hissed.

“I panicked,” I mumbled, starting the engine.

“Panicked? You freaking panicked? We’re dating, Tee, or did that not sink into your brain? Did you not realise that us dating involves being together outside of your house? I haven’t been so humiliated in my life! And in front of the silicon-chested brat slut that stalks you!”

Morgan kept ranting as I drove up the road, so I just stayed silent. I can’t really defend myself right now, so I kinda deserve this.

“Or did you come to the decision that you couldn’t possibly be seen with me in public because I’d ruin your perfect reputation? Tryce Reagan the perfect gentleman couldn’t possibly be dry humping the new weird emo-looking kid that magically appeared out of nowhere,” Morgan mocked bitterly.

But I don’t deserve that. I pulled to the side of the road and cut the engine, turning to glare at him. Now it’s my turn.

“I panicked, okay? I had a brief moment where I didn’t know what to do because I’m not openly bisexual like you are! I’ve never been in this situation before so excuse me for doing the first thing that came into my mind. I’m sorry if I offended you, but fucking hell Morgie, get a grip. I backed you up when you said we were boyfriends, didn’t I? I held your hand before you dragged me away, didn’t I? If I was embarrassed by being with you in public, I wouldn’t have let you feed me chips in a local burger diner, let alone taken you out on a date, so just cut me some fucking slack,” I exploded.

My breathing was a little heavy as I paused, waiting to see what Morgan would reply with. I rarely get angry like this, so I hope he knows I’m serious. When he stayed silent, I sighed and started the engine again.

“I’m new to this, alright? Let me handle it in my own way,” I mumbled.

The ride back to my house was awkward as hell. I think I actually would’ve preferred Morgan ranting at me to the stony silence he presented me with instead. But whatever. If he’s going to act like a child over a mistake I made, then he can act like one. I’m going to bed. But when I stripped down to my boxers and climbed under my duvet, Morgan froze, frowning at me.

“W-What are you doing? My mom is going to be video chatting with us in 15 minutes!” Morgan whimpered.

I winced, knowing that he’d been looking forward to seeing his mom for the last few days, but after our little argument I don’t know if I could pretend to her.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to join you. Just use the guest bedroom to talk to her,” I sighed. This didn’t stop me from sitting upright with my back propped up by a pillow.

“But she wants to meet you,” Morgan whispered.

“I thought I humiliated you? Surely you wouldn’t want to introduce your mom to someone that nearly ruined his reputation by holding your hand,” I said monotonously. Yeah, I’m still hurt by his outburst. I’m allowed to be bitter.

“Tryce, please. You know how much my mom meeting you means to me,” Morgan begged, walking over to the bed.

I stayed as still as possible as Morgan straddled my waist, his hands gently resting on my shoulders. The desperation in his eyes shocked me a little – Morgan Jones isn’t desperate for anything. He takes what he wants when he wants it. What makes it so different this time?

“We just argued over something that clearly made you angry – why would you want me to meet your mom after that?” I muttered, picking at a loose thread on his shirt.

“Because even though you were momentarily embarrassed to be seen with me, I want to show you off to the whole world. I want everyone to know that you’re mine, especially the woman who raised me. Sure, I’m still hurt by what you did, but it could’ve been worse. You could’ve denied that we were boyfriends,” Morgan explained, smiling sadly.

“I could never hurt you intentionally like that, Morgie. You mean too much to me for that,” I murmured.

Morgan grinned and pressed a slow kiss to my lips, lingering a little before he pulled away. I whimpered as he got off my lap, making him chuckle before chucking me a t-shirt to wear. Jerk.

“So you’ll talk with me to my mom?” Morgan asked, chewing his snakebites.

“Yeah, of course,” I nodded, pulling the shirt over my head.

Morgan smiled happily and changed into a pair of sweatpants and one of my t-shirts. He picked up my laptop and cable, before crawling into my bed with me, propping his back up with a pillow too. While we waited for the laptop to load, I pressed sweet apology kisses into the flesh of his neck, grateful that he hadn’t turned cold towards me or even angrier. I won’t be making the mistake of pretending we aren’t together again, that’s for sure.

“Mm, Tee, it’s loaded,” Morgan moaned softly.

I chuckled and lifted my head, pecking his lips one last time before clicking the video chat option. Sure enough, the address that Morgan had set up for his mom was online. With a shaky breath, Morgan double-clicked on it, waiting for his mom to respond. I couldn’t help but jump slightly at the sight of Morgan’s mom appearing on my beast of a laptop. She looks so frail! This isn’t the woman I remember from my childhood at all. I don’t remember the dark hollow eyes, the pinched drawn mouth, the tired expression or the thin hair. No wonder Morgan gets so affected every time he talks to her – I can’t imagine how it must feel for him to see the main woman in his life deteriorating.

“Mom,” Morgan whimpered, his eyes tearing up.

I squeezed his hand to calm him down, knowing it wouldn’t end well for any of us if he got hysterical.

“Hey baby. And hey Tryce! You are Tryce, right?”

I almost frowned at the weak rasp of her voice, but nodded and smiled instead. I’ve got to be strong for Morgan.

“Yes ma’am,” I replied.

“Wow, he is a gentleman like you said, Morgan,” his mom laughed, Morgan laughing quietly too, “Please, call me Elle, or Ellie. Whichever you prefer. I don’t do formalities,”

“It’s nice to see you again after all these years, Ellie,” I said softly.

“Same, Tryce. I never though I’d see you dating my son though. You were much too much of a good kid compared to the little brat he was,” Ellie chuckled.

“Hey!” Morgan defended playfully.

“He means the world to me ma’am…uh, Ellie. I don’t care how much of a brat he is,” I teased.

“Oh sure, gang up against Morgan,” Morgan said sarcastically, again only playing.

“I was worried, y’know,” his mom said all of a sudden. I frowned, not even bothering to hide it.

“What do you mean, mom?” Morgan asked worriedly.

“I was worried that you were going to be one of those arrogant jerks Morgan used to bring home. Or one of those pathetic weaklings he used to mess around,” Morgan blushed heavily at his mom’s words. “But I can see that you’re an independent person, Tryce. I can see that you’ve got a level head on your shoulders. You’re not the type of person I would’ve expected my son to adore, and I’m glad for that,”

I looked down at Morgan, who was smiling shyly up at me. It’s strange seeing Morgan so vulnerable, but it just attracts me to him more. I want to protect him more than ever.

“Well ma’am…Ellie…I adore Morgan just as much. I’ll admit that I’m new to dating the same gender, but I’m not ashamed of dating your son. He’s special to me,” I said warmly.

Morgan snuggled against my body at those words, his mom squealing with joy. I blushed slightly but slid my arm round Morgan’s waist. Being confident with him in front of his mom is just the first step of many, right?

“I’m just so happy for you, Morgan. For both of you,” Morgan’s mom said sweetly.

But then Morgan and I froze as Ellie started coughing uncontrollably, slumping forwards slightly in her chair.

“MOM? MOM!” Morgan cried out desperately.

Hands fluttered around Morgan’s mom, I’m assuming that’s the friend she’s borrowing the laptop from, as they tried to calm her coughing fit down, Morgan just whimpering and clutching onto me tighter. This is heartbreaking. I don’t know what Morgan’s going to do when her time is up, I really don’t. After a minute or so, Morgan’s mom had composed herself, a weak but apologetic smile on her lips.

“I’m sorry you had to see that,” she said softly.

“D-Don’t be. I wish I could be with you to look after you,” Morgan whispered.

“Don’t be silly boy, I’m tough as old boots,” Ellie chuckled.

Morgan chuckled weakly in response, so I kissed the top of his head in reassurance. His mom was smiling even wider when I looked back at the screen.

“All I need to be happy is knowing that you’ve got someone to love you unconditionally when I’m gone, Morgan,” Ellie said firmly. Well, as firmly as she could.

“I know mom. I know,” Morgan choked.

There was some murmuring on his mom’s side, before she looked a little upset.

“My friend’s son needs the laptop for his summer school homework, so I’ve got to go. Please can we arrange to do this again soon?” Morgan’s mom practically begged.

“Of course, Ellie,” I nodded, smiling warmly.

“I love you mom. Don’t ever forget that,” Morgan said fiercely.

“I won’t. I love you too,” she replied with teary eyes.

As soon as the video chat window closed, Morgan burst into tears. I froze at the unnatural sight, but quickly turned off the laptop and placed it on the floor. Luckily I have a dimmer switch for my bedroom light right by my bed, so I turned that down and scooped him into my arms, letting him cry into my chest. That conversation took a toll on him, so he needs to let his emotions out or he’ll just end up getting stressed and ill. I tried to calm him by running my fingers through his silky black hair and whispering soothing words, occasionally pressing a gentle kiss to the top of his head. It seemed like hours we were sat like this, but eventually he was able to sit upright, albeit with a few hiccups.

“I-I’m sorry,” he sniffed, wiping his cheeks dry.

“Don’t ever apologise for this, okay?” was all I could say.

Morgan nodded and pressed a gentle kiss to my lips, before lying down in my bed. I sighed and lay down beside him, placing my arm over his waist. Morgan didn’t respond for a few seconds, until he tugged me so I was spooning him. With a kiss to the back of his neck I settled into a comfortable position, until a thought popped into my head. A very important thought.

“There’s one person who will completely flip out on me when they find out about us through Rachel’s gossip and not from me directly,” I sighed.

“Who?” Morgan asked weakly.

“Javier,”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a long-un!

Comments = love.

xo