Status: Complete!

Save Me

Tryce.

After dinner was when my opportunity came. My mom and dad were sitting in front of the television, and I knew I wouldn’t get a chance like this again before Morgan and I left for Texas. I just couldn’t leave without my parents knowing about our relationship. It isn’t right for me to keep this hidden any more, even if upon my return nothing is the same again. But right now I don’t care. There’s a little flare of hope inside me that’s saying as long as Morgan’s by my side, everything will be okay – and I’m going to hold onto that hope with everything I have.

“Are you okay?” Morgan whispered as we stood at the top of the stairs.

“I feel like I’m going to throw up then pass out,” I said with a weak smile.

“Tee, we don’t have to tell them if you’re feeling this nervous,” Morgan said.

But I shook my head. I need to do this. For us. For Morgan.

“Let’s go,” I said firmly.

Morgan smiled and leant up, pressing his lips to mine in a reassuring kiss, squeezing my hips lightly before pulling away. Well now I feel a little more confident. I can do this. I can do this. As I walked down the stairs and into the living room, I felt my stomach plummet when I saw Carlie sitting with my parents. Shit, not her too! Morgan lightly rested his hand on the small of my back and smiled encouragingly at me, so I took a deep breath and cleared my throat. All three of my family members turned their heads to face me, frowning at the anxiety on my face.

“Is something wrong, Tryce?” my dad asked, muting the television.

“I-I want to talk to you about something. Something serious,” I said.

I swallowed heavily when my parents frowned at each other, but refused to chicken out. I will do this.

“Are you in some kind of trouble?” my mom asked.

“No, I…”

“Because we’ll bail you out if you need us to,” my dad added.

“No, it’s not…”

“You’re not on drugs, are you?” my mom interrupted again.

“No! I’m…”

“Did you get into a figt?”

“LET HIM SPEAK!” Carlie squealed.

That’s probably the only time I’ve ever been grateful for her input, while also knowing that’s she pushing me into the inevitable. Fuck it.

“I’m not in trouble, or on drugs. I’m…”

I hesitated, looking down at Morgan. He winked at me, nodding his support. Here goes nothing.

“I’m bisexual. And Morgan’s my boyfriend. I’m going to Texas to meet his mom as his boyfriend before she dies,” I blurted.

The silence in the room was deafening. The longer no-one said anything, the worse my panic got. My throat dried up horribly and I couldn’t control the tears that pricked my eyes. Say something. Anything. Please! It was only when Morgan took my hand in his own that the silence was broken.

“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!” my mom shrieked.

Holy shit.

“Mom, I…”

“This can’t be happening. You can’t be…no, you can’t be! What will our friends think? What will the community think? This can’t be happening!”

“Joyce, calm down,” my dad urged, glancing at me.

“Calm down? How can I calm down, David? Did you not hear what he said?” my mom whimpered.

“Of course I did, but your hysterics won’t be to any advantage,” my dad said.

Tears started falling from my eyes without warning, to which Morgan stepped in front of my and took both my hands, making me look at him and only him.

“Hey, ssh, everything’s going to be okay. Everything’s going to be okay,” he said, squeezing my fingers gently.

“No it’s not. No it’s not,” I choked, shaking my head.

Morgan glanced over his shoulder desperately. I don’t know what he’s looking for, but he obviously won’t find it in my parents. My dad shows so little emotion, despite how well we get on, so he won’t be of any help, and my mom’s clearly a closet homophobe. Fucking wonderful. I should’ve known I wouldn’t be accepted. What the fuck am I meant to do now? Where do I go?!

“Tryce, why? Why?” my mom whined.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry,”

I kept repeating this, not able to say anything else, my chanting blocking out the words flowing from my mom’s mouth. My head was spinning so bad that I couldn’t tell left from right, and I know Morgan noticed because he held onto me tighter. This is it. The life I’ve known for so long is over.

“Come on Tryce. Let’s go,” Morgan sighed.

I sniffed and nodded, turning away from my mom’s piercing stare.

“STOP!” my dad yelled.

I froze and whimpered, slowly turning to face my family again. My dad has never raised his voice like that. Never. Even when Carlie, Jensen and I were younger, he never yelled. I always thought he just didn’t really care, but shit – I can’t believe my announcement has changed all that. My mom’s jaw had dropped at my dad’s angry figure, as had Carlie’s and Morgan’s, but all I could focus on were his clenched fists and his wide eyes. Shit.

“We already lost one child, Joyce. I will not lose another,” my dad growled.

A whimper tore from my throat when I realized what he was talking about. Oh Jensen. How would he have reacted? Jensen would’ve supported me, I know he would.

“But…”

“Enough!” my dad interrupted, glaring at my mom, “Tryce is still out son, bisexual or not, so unless you want to tear this family apart, I suggest you get that into your head. I will not lose another son, especially if it’s from you pushing him away,” my dad said.

My mom snapped her jaw shut, averting her eyes from him, and that’s when I burst into tears all over again. Never in my life would I have thought my dad would be the one to support a decision like this, but the way he just spoke really touched my heart. I owe him everything now. I quickly let go of Morgan’s hands and ran over into my dad’s open arms. He let me crash into him in a bone-crushing hug as I started sobbing into his neck, closing my eyes tightly. I cried even harder as he held me tightly, his hands clutching my t-shirt while we swayed slightly from side to side.

Never would I have thought this would happen.

It took me a while to calm down, but when I was composed enough to step out of his arms, I dried my cheeks.

“Thank you,” was all I was able to mumble.

“You’re my son and I will always love you, no matter what,”

Tears sprang to my eyes all over again, to which my dad squeezed my shoulder before letting me go back to Morgan, who had tears in his eyes too, even though I knew he would never admit to crying. My beautiful strong boyfriend. I didn’t dare look at my mom or Carlie. Morgan rested his hand on the small of my back, clutching at my t-shirt slightly before clearing his throat.

“We’re going to stay at my dad’s place for the two days we have left before we go to Texas. Although you shouldn’t need it, we’re going to give you some space and time to get used to us – Tryce is still the same man that’s your son, and him being bisexual and in a relationship with me will never change the gentleman you raised him to be. And I’m not going anywhere,” Morgan told my family, smiling up at me when he’d finished.

I smiled weakly down at him before flicking my eyes to my mom. I inhaled sharply when she nodded to me, giving me a flash of hope. Maybe everything will work out.

“Come on, let’s get my bags,” I murmured to Morgan, meaning the ones he’d already helped me pack for our week away.

He nodded and laced his fingers with mine as we walked back up the stairs to my room. As soon as the door was shut I threw my arms around Morgan, holding him tightly. I did it. I actually told them. I didn’t expect it to go quite like that, but to be honest I don’t know what I was expecting. But there are no more secrets. Morgan and I no longer have to hide!

“Gods, Morgan, I did it. I did it!” I said, pressing kisses all over his face.

Morgan chuckled and grabbed my face with his hands, molding our lips together in a way that made me moan. Fuck, the effect this boy has on me. Morgan broke the kiss slowly, resting his hands on the sides of my neck as he looked up into my eyes.

“I’m so proud of you. For telling them and for not giving in,” Morgan said softly.

“You’re proud of me, huh?” I grinned, wrapping my arms around his waist.

“Mmhmm. And as soon as we get to my dad’s house, I’m going to show you just how proud I am,” Morgan smirked.

I smirked back and leant down so our lips were barely brushing.

“I like the sound of that,” I murmured.

Morgan grinned and connected our lips again, making me smile. The hateful outburst from my mom, emotion overload from my dad and silence from my sister were all worth this. Morgan was all worth it.

“Tryce?”

Damn it. I broke away from Morgan at the sound of my sister’s voice and opened my bedroom door. Sure enough she was standing in the doorway, her hands in the pockets of her denim skirt.

“Yeah?” I asked.

“Are you serious about…this?” Carlie asked.

She came up here to ask me that?! I laughed and pulled Morgan to my side with my arms around his waist. She looked a little shocked until her lips curved into a small smile. The first genuine smile that I’ve seen on her face for years.

“I haven’t seen you this happy since you were 8,” she said sadly.

“That’s because the hole I had in my heart from Jensen d-dying has finally been filled with someone who’s equally as amazing,” I said honestly.

Morgan squeaked and buried his face in my shoulder, Carlie just giggling while I bit my bottom lip. I really do mean what I said. Before Morgan came back, even at the start of summer, I felt empty and like my life had no purpose. But now…every day has a meaning. Every day is perfect with just the possibility of seeing Morgan’s beautiful self. He really is the light that keeps me going, and I’m not afraid to admit it.

“Look, you’re my brother and I support you. No matter what. That doesn’t mean I want to walk in on anything more than a make-out session, because that would probably scar me for life. Just know that I’ve got your back, okay?” Carlie said with a small smile.

I think that’s the nicest thing she’s ever said to me.

“I really appreciate that, Carls,” I said, returning the smile.

“Me too,” Morgan said, turning his head to face her again.

“I’ll let you go to Morgan’s dad’s place now, but dad asked me to give you this before you go,” Carlie announced.

I frowned, just like I knew Morgan was too, until Carlie handed me over dad’s platinum credit card. Shi-i-it! He never lets this thing out of his sights!

“Fuck,” Morgan choked.

“Yeah, I was just as surprised as you. He wants you to buy whatever you can to make Morgan’s mom’s final stretch of life as good as possible for her. Whether that means getting all new furniture, taking her to a health spa, paying all her medical bills, paying for 24-hour live-in nurses, the lot. He wants to make sure she’s happy, when we couldn’t be there for her before,”

I heard Morgan whimper from beside me, and I knew right then how much this meant to him. He knows we’d do whatever we could for his mom, but this could help her go in peace and comfort. My dad really has outdone himself now. We don’t show off our money like other families do around here, even with my mom being one of the best lawyers in the city and my dad being a well-respected accountant, but it makes me feel happy that we can help out someone who needs it.

“Th-Thank you,” Morgan whispered.

“I’ll tell him that. Well, I guess I’ll see you soon huh?” Carlie smiled.

I nodded and hugged her tightly, kissing her cheek before she walked back downstairs. I flipped the credit card over in my hand a few times before tucking it into my pocket and looking down at Morgan.

“Two more days and then we can see her,” I said softly, pressing a kiss to the side of his head.

“Two more days,” Morgan whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
I chose to portray Tryce's parents reaction this way, because this is how my parents would react.

Comments mean the world to us!
xo