Status: Complete!

Save Me

Tryce.

For the next three days, I felt like whenever I was at work there was someone watching me. Literally, I could feel a pair of eyes watching my every move. But when I tried to see if there was anyone there, the feeling went away. I really hope I’m not going mad. Although it is quite possible.

I mean, why would anyone be watching me? I’m just the lifeguard, not anything exciting. Just regular Tryce Reagan, not even one of the football team at school. They’re the guys that count, not members of the swim team like me. Why would anyone be watching me? Argh!

But I can’t get myself worked up over this. My sole focus on the beach has to be protecting the people. I can’t let anything slip. Not again. My fourth day in a row at work started the same as any other day would. Wake up Carlie, grab a poptart, jump in my Impala, check in with my boss, walk over to my station. But Javier was working today, so at least I’d get to hang with him a little bit.

“Hey Tryce! How’s it going?” my Hispanic friend hollered from his station.

It wasn’t busy on the beach yet, so we could still hear each other from our 20m apart.

“Not bad Jav, not bad, you?” I called back, pulling my shirt over my head.

“Estoy muy buen! You gonna look out for your stalker today?” Javier teased.

“Hey, don’t be mean! I don’t have a stalker!” I protested.

I couldn’t help but laugh though. Javier just grinned.

“Cúmbila, I’ve been watching you craning your neck around for the last three days like you’re looking for an axe murderer. Just set up a trap or something. Or get someone else to do your dirty work,” Javier snickered.

My eyes must’ve lit up, because Javier rapidly shook his head.

“Nuh uh, not me. I gotta watch the beach, you know that. Between you and me is the worst section of riptide – we can’t let that slip,” he reminded me.

I sighed but nodded. He does have a point.

“Alright, I’m sure I can figure something out,” I smiled weakly.

“You always do, T,” Javier said supportively.

I slipped my black aviators onto my face, shielding my vision from the sun.

“LOOK ALIVE! CARS ARE PULLING UP!” someone yelled from the main hut.

And so the show begins.

*

There it is. That feeling. Someone is watching me. I craned my head around, desperately trying to find the person who’s eyes are focussed on my body. Nothing! I faintly heard Javier’s laughter, but chose to ignore it. Then my eyes caught the one person that would do anything for me, and I grinned. Rachel. I slid down my ladder, landing right in front of her with a dazzling smile on my lips. Naturally, she was hooked already.

“Hey Tryce,” she breathed.

“I’ve got a little proposition for you, Ray,” I said smoothly.

Her eyes sparkled and her ruby red lips spread into a grin. Perfect.

“Anything for you, you know that,” Rachel nodded, eager already.

I almost felt bad for her. Almost. But I’m getting desperate.

“You and your friends are good at stalking, right?” I teased

“Uh, maybe?” Rachel blushed.

“Think you could do a little re-con for me?” I asked hopefully.

"What do I get out of it?" she flirted.

Great.

"Uh, a picture with me for twitter?" I offered.

Hopefully that'll work? I'm pretty sure Rachel tweets constantly about unimportant things. I wouldn't know, I don't bother with things like that.

"Really? You'd do that?!" Rachel gasped.

"If you and your friends can find out who is watching me," I nodded, shrugging.

“I think we could manage that,” Rachel giggled.

“Okay, here’s what I want you to do. I keep feeling like there’s somebody watching me, but whenever I go to look I can’t see them. Reckon you could find them for me?” I asked.

“Sure, no problem. Stalking is what we do. Give me an hour!” she squealed, running off.

Stalking is what we do. I should be worried, right? Funny enough, Rachel was back within half an hour.

“Tryyyce, I found your boy,” she called up to me.

I blushed lightly as various bystanders looked over at us. I quickly climbed down my ladder and stood in front of her, folding my arms over my chest.

“My boy?” I asked, surprised.

“Yuh huh. Black hair, bright green bandana, board shorts and black t-shirt. Damn fine. He’s not doing a good job of hiding his staring – only when you’re looking for him. In fact...he’s right...there!” Rachel pointed.

I quickly turned my head and looked where she was pointing. Sure enough, there was a black haired boy with a green bandana in his hair, all in black clothing. He froze when our eyes connected, making me shiver slightly. What the hell? Just before he ran away, I caught a slight lip-curl smirk that reminded me of someone I haven’t seen in 9 years. No way. No freaking way. No, it can’t be. He has brown hair, and was a total jock when I last saw him. So into football it was unreal. No, must just be a coincidence. I bet loads of people curl their lip in a smirk like that.

“Do you know him?” Rachel asked curiously, twirling a strand of dark hair round her finger.

“Nah, must be a kid from school,” I replied, shaking my head.

“Shame. He’s hot,” Rachel grinned.Yes, he is.

“I’ve seen better,” I shrugged.

Rachel giggled and walked back to her friends. I took one glance in the direction the boy had been in, before climbing back up my ladder. That was weird. Way too weird.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cúmbila means 'buddy' by the way.

Comment&Subscribe pretty please!
xo