Status: Complete!

Save Me

Morgan.

My eyes lazily blinked open at the sound of a heavy fist pounding on my bedroom door. This has become sort of a routine for my father and I. Every morning, specifically between ten and ten-thirty, he’d coming knocking on my door for five minutes, demanding that I come out of my room and talk to him. Of course, I’d just ignore him and continue on my merry way, grabbing some breakfast from my mini refrigerator that I snagged for my room when I went to the local super market.

I got out of bed, stretching my arms above my head and walking over to the counter that was set up next to my miniature fridge. I had a basket full of croissants on there waiting for me and they’re truly delicious. Hell, they’d probably be my new breakfast delicacy for the remainder of my stay in Florida. I took the first bite of a croissant, not bothering to put anything on it as I walked around my room, getting ready to go to the beach today.

Yeah, I’ve been climbing out my window and down the gutter every single day I’ve been here. It’s like I’ve got this daily routine going. Wake up to father’s obnoxious pounding on my bedroom door, eat, change, go to the beach, spy on him, go home, shower, call Mom, and then go to sleep, just to start the entire routine all over again. The only time that I deviate from my routine is when I decide to go food shopping for myself every Monday morning before I go to the beach.

I lazily slipped on a pair of black and white checkered swim trunks, a black wife beater following soon after. I walked over to my dresser, my eyes running over all of the neatly folded bandanas on the edge of it, stopping at my white one. I pulled it out and wrapped it around my head after I tamed my unruly black locks in the mirror, not having to straighten it since I did that last night before I fell asleep.

My feet slipped themselves into a simple pair of black flip flops that I bought last minute form Old Navy’s one dollar flip flop sale. We’re in Florida and let’s face it, Vans and Converse aren’t necessarily beach wear. The beach, God, I’ve been practically living there. It’s such a great place to lose myself and get lost in my thoughtsas well as scoping out how hot he has become.

I grabbed a towel and threw it over my shoulder before walking to the window and sitting on the ledge, swinging my legs around so that they were hanging out of the window and clinging to the gutter. I slid down it easily now, having done this for quite a few days now. Hell, I could probably even do it in my sleep. My feet automatically found the all too familiar path to the beach, walking it expertly, knowing where to step over fallen trees or to take extra big steps to miss a puddle or big pile of rocks. I’ve honestly done nothing but to go the beach this summer.

As soon as I felt the hot particles of sand squishing between my toes, I bent down and took off my flip flops so I could walk barefoot on the beach, something I’ve always loved to do and have always found calming. I walked to my regular spot on the beach, a spot that I could easily see him from, but still not be in the middle of the huge bunch of beach-goers. I have no desire to associate myself with stupid people who don’t think they’re pretty unless they tan so much that they begin to look orange.

I sat down on the sand, pulling my wife beater off since today was unusually hot. I gently folded it up and laid it next to my towel on the sand, my elbows cradling my head as they situated themselves on my knees, allowing me to people watch easily, something that’s always entertaining. It’s become pretty obvious to me that I’m an outcast, and oddball, compared to most of the people that I’ve seen in Florida these days. I think my uniqueness is what attracts the girls though, since I’ve had many approach me with numbers and horribly over-used lines. I’m pale compared to everyone’s overly tanned skin, making me look like a ghost. My hair is dark and its length covers my eyes. Most of the people here have short hair, probably since it’s so hot out, or it’s pulled back in a ponytail.

Learn to express yourself people! This may be hard to believe, but originality is actually fun!

A scowl made its way onto my lips as I saw that familiar head of brown hair, a head of hair that I’ve learned to hate. To put it nicely, I feel like she’s been stalking me lately. She looks at me as much as I look at him, then she goes and talks to him. It’s nerve racking and infuriating, knowing that she may slowly be concocting a plan to ruin what little fun I’ve been having while here. I flinched when her head moved towards my direction, a weird smile moving onto her overly glossed lips as she advanced towards me, something I absolutely did not want.

I stood up quickly, keeping my eyes locked with hers as I slowly backed away, not wanting to have to deal with a girl that may be potentially stalking me and/or harboring feelings for me that I absolutely do not want to get into. My eyes never left her unwavering gaze as I backed up into the ocean, moving into the area where the water was up to my waist. I couldn’t go any further due to the fact that I didn’t know how to swim.

She stood at the shoreline, staring at the water like it was contaminated, probably not wanting to get in even though she was wearing a bikini. Stupid bitch, only came to the beach to fucking stalk guys. I watched as she looked up at me again, brow furrowed before she backed away, walking back to his lifeguard post.

I smiled in victory, getting ready to walk back to shore, but being cut short when I felt something jagged slice into the bottom of my right foot as I took a step forwards. A shocked scream made its way past my lips, but nobody could hear it since I was so far out from shore. On instinct, I bent down, grabbing the wounded foot to see what was wrong, only to regret it seconds later. A wave came rolling in, one that would normally break around my waist, but since I was off balance because I was standing on only one leg, not even the leg that’s stronger.

I felt myself tumble underneath the water as I fought to find the surface, seeing the sun reflect against it and doing my best to somehow get my hair above the dreaded water. The throbbing in my right foot only got worse as seconds passed, the salt in the water making the cut sting and the pain become next to unbearable. I finally broke the surface, splashing around wildly as I attempted to get someone’s attention, screaming at the top of my lungs in hopes that someone would hear me.

Soon though, I went back under, not knowing how to keep my head above surface. I started to flip and tumble under the water again as another wave rolled in, disorienting me, bringing me possibly even further out then I was moments before. The air in my lungs was running out quickly, my chest and lungs burning for air as a painful burning sensation worked its way up my leg slowly, starting at my foot. It was all too much in such a short amount of time and I quickly felt myself stop struggling, submitting to the pain that was starting to devour me whole.

I didn’t plan on going this way, but if it was meant to be, it was meant to be. I mean, my fucking father won’t miss me. He’d be glad that his biggest nuisance in life is gone. My mother would miss me, but she’d be leaving Earth soon after, and we could possibly meet in Heaven, if it even exists. There’s no one else to miss me. I mean, my friends would get over it quickly. Hell, they probably already found someone to replace me.

With one final blink of my eyes, I opened my mouth, allowing water to rush in since there was nothing else to do. My vision went from being blurry and water-logged to being pitch black and I welcomed it with open arms if that means that it would take away the pain.

Out of nowhere, I felt a hand roughly clamp down on my shoulder, and pull me roughly in some unknown direction. It became obvious to me what the hand was doing when my head broke the surface and I gratefully gasped for air, clawing at the arm that was trying to throw my torso over some type of board. I felt the board start moving, probably towards land, as I continued to clutch the huge well-muscled arm of my savior, gasping for air, cursing the brunette girl to Hell when a horrible coughing fit would rack my drenched frame.

Before I knew it, I was being thrown down on the beach, the sand sticking to my body as people rushed around to see what was going on. It seems that I’m good at putting on a show, but at this very moment, I didn’t care. I didn’t notice the people that were quickly surrounding my savior and I. No, I was much more occupied watching him as he frantically pushed me up into a sitting position, leaning on him as more coughing fits racked my frame, water spilling past my lips.

He was gently hitting my back, probably trying to get the coughing down and all of the water out as my back arched away from him when yet another fit rocked my body. It’s fucking never-ending! As my coughing slowly lessened, I was slowly laid back down on the beach, finally taking notice to the throbbing in my right foot. I moved my leg, but his voice stopped. “I saw the shard of glass, relax,” he soothed. “We’ll get it out, but right now you need to stay still.”

That voice… it’s so familiar. It’s him! It really is him! I can’t fucking lie to myself and say that it’s not him. “T-Tee?” I asked, trying to get words to pass my now throbbing throat.

Tryce froze, looking away from my foot and towards my face slowly, shock written all over his features as he finally got a good look at me, not believing who I was. “Morgie?” He whispered bewildered, temporarily forgetting that I almost just died and was in a lot of pain. I wanted to snort at the use of my old nickname, something only him and Jensen were allowed to call me.

I looked at him, taking in his appearance up close. He’s changed so much physically but he still looks the same, and that birth mark is still completely adorable. “E-everyone c-c-calls m-me Mor-Morgan now,” I somehow got out through gritted teeth, my throat burning as I attempted to get another word out.

He just continued staring at me, probably failing his duties since he was experiencing such levels of shock, but then again, so was I. And finally, after what felt like a day of silence, he murmured something so quietly that I’m not even sure I heard it.

“I’ve missed you… so much.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, now it's really getting interesting! :]

What do you think is going to happen? :P

Comment&Subscribe <3