Ways to Love Your Brother

The Beginning

I guess it started at a young age, four or five I don't know. All I know is that we've been together for twenty some years. Living together, I mean.

When we were younger, I remember dressing alike, playing together, we even ate the same way. Ha. Yeah, we were inseparable. At least outside school. Ya see, Gerard, my brother, is three years older than me.

Gerard, wow, what a character! What a guy! Now, you would recognize him on sight, but back then, his hair was a medium, light brown color. He's always been pale; neither of us were ever big fans of nature.

His eyes are an amazing golden brown that sparkle in any light; they give him a look of alertness, and make him one hell of a knock out. I swear, his eyes are the temple of his beauty.

Enough about Gerard; I'm pretty sure he's my current obsession, but I think you might want to know how this affair happened. Well, we were both in high school, and had recently stopped dressing like each other. I was a freshman, he a senior. Me fifteen: he eighteen. This is how it all started.

*_* highschool *_*
"Wake up Mikey, or you're going to be late," called my mother from somewhere downstairs, my door flew open, and Gerard jumped onto my bed.

"Come on Mikey! Wake up," he straddled my waist, and shook me by my shoulders.

"Get off me Gee," I cried as I tried to roll over, "Just five more minutes!"

"Nope. Mom said now," Gerard shook me again, and this time, rolled me of my bed, "He's up!" he called as he left the room.

"Bastard," I said between my teeth. I stood up, and went over to my dresser, pulling out my favorite Anthrax shirt, and a pair of faded blue jeans, I set them on Gerard's bed. Yes, we shared the room. I yanked off my shirt, and threw it in a pile in a corner.

As I pulled on my shirt, I became entangled, and couldn't get in or out. A pair of hands grabbed my by my waist, and sexually ran up my side, and pulled the bottom of my shirt down around me.

Nervously, and with a jump, I turned around and found Gerard. My heart skipped every other beat. My brother just like... yeah! What the hell was that? My expression must have given my thoughts away.

"What's wrong," Gerard asked. He 'all of a sudden' looked very worried. I swear I saw a bead of sweat roll down the side of his face.

"Nothing," I lied.

"Oh."

"Um...thank you for helping me."

"Um... yeah, no problem," there was an awkward silence, and I turned around to finish undressing, and redressing myself. I heard Gerard flop down on my bed, and let out a deep breath.

"What's up," I asked, buttoning my pants and turning around.

"Your fly is down," said Gerard.

"Huh," I looked down, and suddenly, a wave of embarrassment rushed over me. Zipping the zipper, I answered, "Oh, I knew that." I gave an unconvincing smile, and sat down on my bed.

"We're still going to Frank's house after school right," asked Gerard.

"After we wait for Matt's slow ass to get ready," Gerard smiled, then silently laughed, "What?"

"Do you know what that reminded me of?"

"Mm.... What?"

"Dumbass," we both burst out laughing.

"Dude! I remember that!"

"You're such a dumbass, dumbass!"

"Hey Gerard? Could I please be in your band?"

"No!"

"Why not?"

"Cause you're a dumbass!"

"But, if I'm a dumbass, then what are you?"

"A dumbass."

"But, if I'm a dumbass, and you're a dumbass, then why can't I be in your band?"

"Because you're a dumbass," we both laughed again, "Good times."

"Good times," I agreed. There was a knock on our door, and our mother walked in.

"Are you two ready?"

"Yup," we answered, mom smiled, and made her way across the hall and into her room. I got off of the bed, and picked up my book bag and grabbed my inhaler. Gerard and I headed down the stairs, into the only hall that was on the first floor, and out a side door into our Garage, mom's car was there, and Gerard's was next to it.

Gerard took pride in his car, considering it took him three years to save up the money for it. It was a shitty dark blue car that looked like the 'Merph mobile' from Wayne's World. I've told him this several times, but he doesn't care. I swear he doesn't care about anything. Oh well.

I sat in the passenger seat, and waited for Gerard. He looked at his car, and then got in. He started the car, and opened the garage door.

"So are we going to pick up Frank," I asked sounding a little too excited.

"Frank can drive his own ass to school," Gerard answered, Gerard pulled out of our drive way, headed down the road, and to our school.

Pulling in, we saw Frank, Ray, and Matt all leaning against a tree, reading a mustard yellow paper.

"Dickhead," called Gerard, getting our of his car, "What the hell are you reading," Gerard and I approached our group.

"There making this a prep school," exclaimed Frank, yanking the yellow paper out of Ray's hands and handed it to me, "They're going to make everyone wear uniforms."

"At least we'll be unified," joked Gerard, he started laughing, but everyone else just stared.

"Not funny," Frank started, "I just got out of catholic school. The uniforms there were bad enough."

"We're just going to have to find ways around it," Gerard said, crumpling up the piece of paper. The bell rang, and we all made our way to the school entrance.

Gerard's locker, oddly enough, is right next to mine. If it's because of our last name, I don't know. But, anyway, Gerard is to my right, then it's Ray, and to my left is Frank, then Matt.

I've always wondered if the school regrets putting us together, and not know we were the closest group of friends in this school, and the most mischievous.

Grabbing my algebra book, and notebook, I stood and closed my locker. "See you at lunch," Gerard asked. Even though he's a senior, he always manages to skip his class, and eat with me and Frank.

"We'll save you a seat, Gee," I answered. Gerard gave me a smile, with a seductive look behind it, and to top it off, he quickly gave a wink.

"Come on Mikey," Frank said, grabbing hold of my arm, "We have a class to get to," Turning away from the glue hold that Gerard held me in, I followed Frank down the hall.

"Jesus, Frank," I commented, "Pull any harder, and my arm won't be my arm anymore," He didn't answer, he just pushed me into an empty room. "What the hell?"

"What was that," he demanded.

"What was what?"

"That... that Look Gerard gave you, what was it?"

"I don't know," I looked at him, straight in the eye.

"Mikey, do you like anyone?"

"What?"

"Do you like anyone? You know, like, more than a friend?"

"If I told you, do you promise not to freak out," Frank nodded. Was I really about to tell Frank this? "Gerard."

"What?"

"I... love Gerard," Frank's eyes widened. "You said you weren't going to freak out."

"But, Mikey...incest! That's not right."

"But, I love him!"

"Does he love you back?"

"I don't know," Looking down at the floor, I sat on a desk. "I flirt with him all the time, trying to let him know just how much he means to me. He flirts back, but I'm not sure he means it," Frank sat in a desk a few desks away from me.

"Do you know how...awkward this is," he asked, I nodded, "You do know that it's against the law right?"

"Only if it's mother, son, or father, daughter," I corrected.

"Oh."

"Frank, what am I going to do? This is driving me insane."

"I could talk with him."

"Don't tell him!"

"No! I'll just.... Talk to him."

"Okay," I smiled, and then the bell rang, indicating that class was over.

"I'll talk to him at lunch," I nodded, "And see you later."

"Bye, Frank," we went our separate ways, and I made my way to my next class.