Ways to Love Your Brother

Lets get together yeah, yeah, yeah

Lying on my bed, my breath came in short gasps as Gerard pulled out and collapsed next to me.

Sweat glistened on his beautiful white, marble chest, and I could feel a bead of sweat roll down the side of my face.

Rolling onto my side, I wrapped my arms around Gerard's waist, pulling him close to me.

"Why does something so wrong feel so good," I asked, looking into my brother's eyes.

"What do you mean 'wrong?'"

"Most people would frown upon seeing us together."

"Do you frown upon seeing us together," Gerard's expression held a look of confusion, and then slowly gave away to anger.

"Why would you think that," I asked, "If I thought this was wrong, then why would I be here with you?"

"Why would you say something like that?"

"I tried to word it in the view of others," I leaned in to try and place a kiss on his lips to show that I didn't mean it, but he pulled away from me, "I'm sorry if I hurt you," he didn't answer.

Rolling over onto my other side, I swung my legs over the side of my bed, and sat up. Grabbing a pair of boxers (Gerard's) I put them on, then pulled on my pants and shirt.

"What are you doing," Gerard asked.

"Mom's home," was all I said. Opening our door, I made my way downstairs. If Gerard was going to be upset, then I'll be upset too.

"Mom," I called ,no answer. Entering the kitchen, I found the carton from Pizza Hut that held our order of half cheese, have veggie. The cheese is mine of course, the veggie is Gerard's.... I'll have a slice of his, but I'm not really fond of it.

Moving to the garage door, I opened it to find it empty, not counting Gee's car. Closing the door, I went back into the kitchen, to find Gerard taking a slice of his pizza.

Walking over to the cabinet, I pulled out a plate, and went to the pizza box, and pulled out two slices of my cheese pizza.

Entering the living room, I sat at the far end of the couch, with my brother on the other end. Picking up my first slice of pizza, I realized then how hungry I was.

I guess being a zombie for a week means not eating much.

"You're really thin," Gerard said

"I've always been thin," I replied.

"No, I mean thinner than usual."

"I haven't been eating much."

"Why?"

"Zombie, remember," I turned to look at Gerard, "I wasn't eating much."

"You really missed me, didn't you?"

"I couldn't imagine myself with anyone or anything, but you. I don't frown upon us being together."

Gerard was silent, he turned a way from me, and back to the television. Then the phone rang.

"Hello," I asked, picking it up.

"Mikey? Frank."

"Hey Frank," as soon as I said his name, Gerard turned to me, paying full attention to what I was saying.

"How's Gerard?"

"Eating pizza," I replied, "Fine."

"Are you eating as well?"

"Yeah."

"What kind?"

"The usual."

"Do you think I could come over?"

"What time?"

"Now?"

"Sure."

"Awesome!"

"I'll call Ray."

"And I'll call Matt."

"But wait.... I thought you were grounded."

"Your mom told my mom that Gerard was home, and that you both said 'hi' to me, and my mom decided that it would be a good idea if I came over."

"Well that's awesome," I exclaimed.

"So yeah, I'll call Matt."

"I'll see you in a few."

"Bye babe."

"Bye sugar," I hung up, and immediately speed dialed Ray.

"Hello," he asked.

"Ray? This is-"

"Mikey, yeah, what's up?"

"What are you doing tonite?"

"Nothing, why?"

"You wanna come over for a while?"

"Sure! Do you want me to call Matt?"

"Frank's doing that."

"Okay. Well, I'll be over in a few minutes."

"Right on!"

"Bye."

"Bye," I hung up, and turned to gerard.

"Frank's coming over," he asked.

"Yeas, so are Ray and Matt."

"Sweet."

I gave Gerard a smile, but I couldn't help but notice the look of sorrow on Gee's face. Was it because of Frank?

"Are you okay," I asked.

"Are you and Frank together?"

"What!"

"'Bye Sugar?'"

"It's just a name."

"You woulnd't use it if you weren't together."

"You just need to chill out Gerard," I said, "We aren't together, so relax."

"How do I know that you aren't lying?"

"Because I'm not," I yelled. Gerard's face scrunched up in anger, "If you want me to be with him, then fine! It's over."

The look on Gerard's face went from anger to shock. Picking up my plate, I made my way back to the kitchen, to finish my two slices of pizza.

A few minutes later, a knock came at our door. Walking over, I peered out the window and saw Frank, Ray, and Matt standing on our porch. They all held a look of sorrow.

"Hey guys. What's up," I asked opening the door. All eyes went to me, and everyone remained silent. "Come on, seriously, what's up?"

"We heard you two arguing," Ray said. I could feel my heart stop, "I didn't know you two were together."

"You weren't suppose to know," I replied, taking a step out onto my porch, and closing the door behind me.

"So, were you serious? Or are you just mad," Frank asked, caustically.

"Yeah, I'm serious," I replied, "If he doesn't want to except the fact that I'm sorry, and that I realize what my mistake was, and that I will never do it again, then why should I have to put up with it?"

"Wow," Ray said, "I didn't realize that you two were so close."

"Are you still on the fact that we're gay," I asked.

"Not really," he answered, "I'm still on the fact that you three didn't tell us that you were gay."

"We didn't think you would approve," Frank said, "Hence Monday."

"Of course I wouldn't mind it," Ray said, "I was only joking then."

"Do you guys want to come in," I asked.

"Sure," they replied. Opening the door, we all entered the living room, to find Gerard still eating his first slice of pizza.

"Hey Gee," Ray greeted, "What's up?"

"Nothing much," a smile formed on my brother's face, as his friends, who he hasn't seen in a week, fathered around him, giving him hugs, and were all happy that they were all united once again.

The tension that was in the house started to disappear, and soon, we were all laughing, telling stories, and arguing over band names, like we were before Gerard tried to kill himself, before we were even together.... Before any of this ever happened.