Ways to Love Your Brother

Sleep (a)

"Why did you do it," Gerard asked, his thumb rubbing gentle circles in my hand.

"Because I didn't want to explain to mom and dad why I couldn't sit down because my ass hurt."

Gerard cringed slightly, a small smile on his lips, "Sorry."

"Don't be," I answered, "It was well worth it."

We both let out a laugh, and out heads leaned in together, our lips touching lightly. If anyone were to look through the door's window, it wouldn't be hard to tell that we were in love.

Pulling away, I gave a yawn, and my eyelids started to droop.

"Tired," Gerard said, his voice just above a whisper.

"I don't know why."

"I probably wore you out."

"Probably."

"You also haven't been sleeping well."

"Insomnia... great."

Gerard smiled, and placed a kiss on my nose, like mom and grandma use to do when they put me to sleep when I was younger.

"Maybe I should let you sleep."

"No.... You promised you wouldn't leave."

"I won't leave... I'll be right here holding your hand, I just won't talk with you."

"Well sing something then," I said sarcastically.

Gerard smiled slightly.

Hand in mine into our icy blue,
and then I'd say to you,
We can take to the highway.
With this trunk of ammunition too,
I'd end my days with you,
in a hail of bullets.
I'm trying
I'm trying
To let you know just how much you mean to me,
and after all the things we put each other through, and
I would drive on to the end with you,
a liquor store or two keeps the gas tank full and,
I fell like there's nothing left to do,
but prove my self to you
and we'll keep it running.


Drifting off to sleep, I focused on the strange song Gee sang, realizing that it was for me.

*_*Later*_*
"Mikey," called Gerard.

Looking up, I saw my brother running to me, his face was twisted into the eerie look of pain and suffering.

Trying to lift my hand, I found that it was being held by my mom. Dad was standing behind her, and Frank was on my other side.

Gerard called my name again, he came to a stop at the entrance way of my hospital room. Dad left mom's side and went to his oldest son.

"What are you doing here," he demanded, as he placed his body in front of Gerard's, blocking him from the room.

"I demand to see Mikey," Gerard replied, "He's my little brother, and you can't keep him from me forever."

"We can try."

Gerard glared at our father, his eyes burning with pure hatred

"I want to see Mikey," he demanded.

"And I told you no."

"Why are you doing this," Gerard screamed. Some of the hospital's employees stopped to look, "I did nothing wrong!"

"Except manipulated my baby's mind," mom yelled, "You're sick, Gerard! Sick! You brain wash my child's mind to make him believe that you love him, and that.... Sleeping with you is - is...."

"I love Mikey! Is that a crime," Gerard stared at mom, then to dad.

"It is when you have sex with your own brother," dad said.

"Fuck you!"

"Shut it, Gerard," Frank said, "Face it. You lost. Never fight the law, because the law always wins."

Giving an angered growl, Gerard leaped forward, only to be caught by dad.

"I hate you," he yelled, his eyes fixed on Frank, "I hate you," tears streamed down his face, turning to mom, he added, "I hate you all! I which you would all just burn in hell!"

A doctor ran in, and helped dad wrestle Gerard to the ground. Pulling out a syringe, he readied it, and plunged it into Gerard's arm.

A while later, Gerard calmed down, and together dad and the doctor dragged Gerard outside.

"You told them," I yelled, looking at Frank, "Why would you- why did you?"

"Because, I told you the day Gerard confessed, it's wrong."

"But I love him!"

"No," mom said, "You think you love him. Don't you see, Mikey? He has brain washed."

"No he hasn't!"

"We're going to help you, Mikey.... We're going to make things better again," she stood up and wrapped her arms around me, "Your father and I have agreed to disown Gerard.... He won't lay another finger on you ever again."

"Disown," I pushed mom away, "Why? No! You can't disown him! He's your son!"

"Now your our only son, Mikey. We're only doing this to make you happy."

"Do I look happy," I stared her in the eye, "Do I!"

"You look confused."

"Go to hell!"

"Michael James Way, I refuse to be spoken to like this. You are confused, you are ill, and you are never to see Gerard, ever again."

"No," I yelled. Ignoring my broken tail bone, I started to jerk away from my mother, "No," I yelled again.

"Mikey calm down."

"I hate you," I shouted, "I hate you!"

"Mikey," Frank said, "Sweety, baby, calm down."

"Fuck off," I yelled lashing out at Frank, "I don't love you! I never loved you! I hate you!"

Frank looked hurt, and I didn't care. He deserved it.

The doctor came back into the room, another syringe in hand. Coming over to my bed, he pricked my arm, and in the same amount of time it took to effect Gerard, I fell asleep.