Ways to Love Your Brother

I'm not okay I promise

Sitting down in Spanish class, I pulled out the letter, and read it.

Mikey-

Meet me in our attic. I told Frank we would be late. I have a confession to tell you. Frank has convinced me that the person I love, loves me back. I want you to know who it is, for I feel like I can't keep this from you any more.

See you at home,

Gerard

P.S. I'm leaving early. Hope you don't mind riding the bus.


Folding the note back on it's original folds, I shoved the paper into my pocket, and started taking notes.

*_*at home*_*
Gerard told me to meet him in our attic. Running up the stairs, I turned into our room, opened our closet door, and pushed aside the boxes and piles of clothing, until a door built into the wall appeared. Opening it, I saw a faint light.

Pushing it our further, I was pulled in. Turning, I saw Gerard closing the door, and pushing a box in front of it. The faint light was coming from a candle that was burning on a box off in the distance.

"What's up," I asked. Gerard turned to me, and pinned me to our attic floor, "Gerard," my heart was pounding, sweat poured down my face. He was too close. "Gerard," I became nervous. Gerard came in closer, I felt myself getting harder, then our lips touched.

It was like nothing I've ever felt before. I mean, I've kissed Gerard several times before, but this was different. This was more passionate; I was more wanting. My hands went up his shirt, and roamed around up his back, and down to his front. A passion burned inside my chest, like a flame would burn a wick on a candle. I was lost in him. Lost in his smell, as my tongue entered his mouth, I became lost in his taste.

We rolled over, with a little difficulty, then he gently pushed me away. We were both breathing heavily, and we stared at each other.

"Mikey...," said Gerard, "I love you," my heart skipped a beat.

"I... love you too," I answered.

A smile graced his features, and we kissed again. My tongue slipped into his mouth, and the flame of passion blazed again. His hand slid up my shirt, sending cool shivers down my spine. His tongue battled with mine. We rolled over and he pulled off my shirt. Unbuttoning his, we rolled over again, and Gerard helped pull his shirt off. I has a nervous feeling come to me, but I ignored it. His hands slipped down my front, and came to a stop at my belt buckle. My hands flew down to stop his and I pulled away.

"What," he asked, his voice breathy.

"This... this is going way to fast," I answered, Gerard looked at me, I though with a hurt expression, but it turned into an understanding look.

"I understand, if it's going to fast.... I'll just slow it down, kiss," he placed a kiss on my neck, "by kiss," he placed another. Each kiss he shared with me, caused my eyes to roll into my head, and a gasp to escape my lips, "I'll cover you in a thousad sweet kisses."

"And I'll cover you in a million more," I answered. We both smiled, and we shared a kiss. As we pulled away, the sound of the attic door trying to be opened, came to our ears. Gerard jumped off of me, and spread cards all over the cleared spot on the floor.

"Mikey! What the hell did you do that for," yelled Gerard. Mom stuck her head into through the opening.

"What are you two doing in here," she asked, "And Gerard, what did I tell you about using that language?"

"Mom! I was in the middle of a totally cool card house, and Mikey blew it down," Gerard looked at me, and I caught on.

"Well sorry Gerard," I said, "I'm not in control of my sneezes," mom smiled.

"Why are your shirts off," she asked.

"It gets pretty hot in here," answered Gerard.

"It is pretty warm....," mom looked from Gerard, then to me, "Why don't you come out," she got up, and let us crawl out, "Gerard, Frank called to tell you that band practice was still on."

"Thanks mom," Gerard answered. Mom nodded, and made her way across the hall. Gerard pushed the door closed, and wrapped me in his arms.

"I love you Gerard," I whispered.

"I love you too," he answered.

Looking into his eyes, we leaned in, and kissed. He slipped his tongue between my teeth, and he tried to whip mine into action. He was successful. We kissed for what felt like hours. Pulling away, we both looked at the clock, and bolted down the stairs, to the garage, and into Gerard's car. Pulling out of the drive way, we sped off to band practice.

*_*Frank's house*_*
Getting out of the car, we both ran up the drive way, and through the front door. We don't bother to knock, for every one pretty much comes and go as they please. Gerard and I made our way through the house, trying to remember where Frank's basement door was. This house was new, so we were like aliens. Frank had just moved from one side of the town to the other, so it took us half the time to drive here.

"Frank," Gerard called, cupping his hands around his mouth, there was no answer. I left Gerard's side, and looked around the house. Everything was dark. Not a single light shown in a room.

"Gerard," I called, "Are you sure this is the right house?"

"Yes," his voice was right behind me, causing me to jump.

"Jesus Christ, Gerard," I snapped, spinning around.

"I'm sorry," he answered. Taking a step forward, he placed his hands on my hips, and pulled me closer, "I didn't want to scare you."

"I know," I answered, wrapping my arms around him, our lips collided.

"Gerard," came a voice from the front of the house. Pulling away from me, Gerard leaned back, looking down a hall way.

"Yo! Frankie G," Gerard called, letting go of each other, we made our way down the hall, "Where were you?"

"Getting drinks, chips, other shit like that," Frank was holding several bags in his arms. Taking one, I felt him slip something into my hand. I was about to comment about it, but Ray and Matt came through the door with more bags, "To the basement!" Frank passed us, and went to a door on the side of the his stairs.

"Dude," commented Ray, "That's a cupboard."

"No, it's another stair case that leads to the basement," protested Frank.

"Let me take that Mikey," Gerard said, taking the bags from me.

"I've got them," I said, but he didn't listen, taking the bags, he made his way down the stairs. I sighed, and held the door.

When everyone passed, I remembered the thing Frank slipped into my hand. Looking down, I saw a folded piece of paper. Unfolding it, I found it was the receipt. Looking at it, I saw something on the back. Flipping it over, I read the letter.

Mikey~

Think about what you are doing before you commit to it. I've got a tiny confession to make. I'm in love you. I'm sorry I didn't tell you before, it wasn't until I realized that you might be with Gerard and not give me a chance, did I realize that I really wanted you.

I love you Mikey, and I always will. You will always be on my mind. I just wanted you to know.

Do what you think is right.

Frank.


Crumpling the letter in my hand, I slip down the wall, folded my knees to my chest, and rested my head against the wall. A lump formed in my chest, pulling at my heart. What was I going to do? Both my brother and my best friend were in love with me. I loved Gerard, but it would be unfair if I didn't give Frank a chance. What would be the best way to handle this, with out the other getting hurt? It was almost impossible. Placing my arms on my legs, I leaned forward, and placed my head on my arms, and closed my eyes.