Ways to Love Your Brother

Here We Go Again

Walking close to each other, we made our way down the wing of the mall, our musical purchase in a bag around our wrists.

"Do you want to go anywhere else," Gee asked.

"Not really," I replied, "I'm just satisfied with my CD."

"What did you get?"

"Anthrax, duh."

"Yeah, I knew that."

Walking through one of the big department stores, we headed outside and to our car.

"I've been thinking," I said, as Gerard started the car.

"Oh really? And what about?"

"You should tell mom and dad."

"Tell them what?"

"That you're gay."

Gerard was silent for a moment, staring out at the road. At first I thought that I had made him mad, but he removed his right hand from the wheel, and held mine with it.

"When do you think I should tell them," he asked.

"When ever you're ready."

"Were you ready?"

"Not when mom found out," I admitted, "But I don't think I would have told anyway."

Gerard nodded, and gave my hand a soft squeeze.

"Love you," I said.

"Love you," Gerard replied.

We were silent the rest of the way home, just holding each other's hand was enough to sustain us.

Pulling into our driveway, Gerard and I greeted our mother, then went up stairs.

"Do you wanna watch a movie," asked Gerard, pulling out a copy of Friday 13th.

"Sure."

Going into our closet, Gerard pulled out our small color t.v. that's only good for playing VHS. While he was working on unhooking lamps, I was pushing our beds against the walls, giving us room to lay out on the floor.

Gee managed to plug in the t.v., and I went into our attic to retrieve pillows to put on the floor along with the ones on our beds.

By the time I crawled out of the attic, pushing the gigantic mountain of pillows, Gerard had put a curtain up and over our small window, and made a small area on the floor using the covers from our beds.

Gerard helped me place the pillows at one end of the bed covers, opposite the small t.v. Going back to the closet, I grabbed two more blankets and came back to find the movie going and Gerard lying right in the middle of the "bed."

"Where am I supposed to sit," I asked, playfully hurt.

"Right here," Gerard replied, gesturing to the spot between his legs.

I smiled and quickly unfolded the blankets and settled myself in between Gerard's legs. Resting my head on his chest, I noticed that he had propped the pillows up so he cat up somewhat straight, and I could see the t.v.

Wrapping the blankets around us, Gerard wrapped his arms around my shoulders. The opening credits started, and we were both fully focused on the t.v. screen.

We probably got to scene where the characters at the camp were swimming, when Gerard bent down and kissed the back of my neck.

I gave a moan and sat up a bit, allowing Gerard more exposure of my neck, which he rewarded with a "soft" bite.

Gasping, I slowly turned my head while Gerard kissed his way around me neck, then up to my lips.

The position we were in was a tad uncomfortable, but we didn't mind. Gerard's soft smooth lips pressed against mine, his tongue probing my lips looking for a way in.

Slightly opening my mouth, Gerard's tongue shot into my mouth, and I moved mine into his. For this, I was forced to move, so I turned over, and straddled Gee's legs, letting our middles rib against each other's.

His hands went up my shirt and around to my stomach. My hands went up to his hair. The entire time we were pleasing ourselves, we didn't hear the sound of someone coming up the stairs, and stopping at our door.

a knock came suddenly, and I pulled away, jumping off of Gerard's lap, just in time for our mother to enter.

"Gerard, Mikey, dinner is ready," she said, coming into the room farther, she looked at the t.v. screen and sighed. "Don't you two ever tire of those old horror movies?"

"No," we both answered.

Giving a laugh, she then said, "Remember, dinner."

"Can we come down in a minute," I asked.

"Why?"

"Our favorite part is coming up," Gerard replied.

"Okay, but come right down," turning around, we waited until we heard her go down the stairs before we reattached ourselves like magnets.

Gerard rolled onto me, placing his knee in between mine, his hands tangling themselves in my hair, mine wrapping around him, hugging him close.

Once we heard a scream come from the t.v. we knew our time was up. Pulling away, Gerard brought a hand down, caressing my face.

"Are you ready," I asked.

Gerard shook his head no, but replied, "Yes."

"You don't have to tell them tonight."

"I want to get it over with."

Kissing his lips softly, I replied, "Okay."

Kissing again, we stood up and made our way down the stairs and to the dinner where our mother and father were seated. Sitting down, we filled out plates and listened to our parents chatter.

Gerard ate quietly, the anxiety of getting ready to tell mom and dad about his secret.

I interjected comments every now and then, acting like my normal self who didn't know anything about the sexuality of my older brother sitting across form me, eating his food quietly.

"Gerard are you okay," mom asked.

Looking up suddenly, Gerard looked at mom and smiled, "Yeah mom. I'm fine."

"You haven't touched your food."

"I'm not that hungry."

Putting down his fork, I continued eating. I didn't want mom and dad to know I was in on this.

"Mom, dad," Gerard started, "I have.... Something to tell you."

Swallowing my food, I looked at Gerard with the same interest as my parents did, still holding my fork in my hand.

"I'm gay," he said.

Dropping my fork, I tried to act as shocked as I could without looking fake. Looking at our father, he stared at Gerard, then turned to look at his wife.

Mom held a shocked look on her face, her bright eyes shimmering over with tears. Getting up from the table, mom went to Gerard's side and embraced him in a hug, just like she did with me.

Dad just sat there, and so did I. I watched as mom placed kisses on her son's cheek, and held him close.

Getting over the shock of finding out that their other son was gay, and that they were never going to have grandchildren, my parents settled down and we finished our dinner.

Heading back upstairs, we cleared the spot of the floor where we made our comfort spot, and put the t.v. away.

I pulled our beds together, then collected the pillows that were on the floor. Crawling into the attic, I pushed the pillows in and turned to find Gerard behind me with a box in front of the door.

Not saying anything, I pushed him into a sitting position against a wall and crawled onto his lap. Pulling off his shirt, he pulled off mine and we smiled at each other.

Placing a kiss on his neck, I could feel him growing hard.

"Are you happy you told," I asked.

"Mm, very," he answered.

"How happy?"

"Would you like me to show you?"

"Please do."

Taking my lips with his, he took me in for a passionate kiss.