Ways to Love Your Brother

Under Pressure (b)

Gerard and I looked at each other nervously, as our parents stood in our room staring at us. They looked mad, and I was beginning to wonder if, even though we tried hard not to make a sound, they still heard.

"Hey mom. hey dad." I said, forcing a smile on my face, "W-What's up?"

"We heard a strange sound coming from your room." mom said, "We came to see what caused it."

"What was this sound?"

"Could you describe this sound?" asked Gerard.

"A banging sound." dad replied.

"Could you describe this banging sound?" I asked.

"Don't get smart with us." mom said, "What were you two doing?"

Gerard and I looked at each other, then at the pile of clothing that covered the bottle of baby oil that was still opened, and on the floor. Looking back at each other, we looked to our parents.

"What is under the pile?" mom asked looking at the clothes. When we didn't answer, she rushed forward, and moved the clothes around until she found the oil.

"What are you doing with baby oil?" dad asked.

"See, Donald! I told you! I knew it!" spinning around, she thrust the opened bottle in dad's face, "Our sons...." she stopped, as if she couldn't say it. "Our sons are sleeping together."

I felt my heart stop, a cold sweat formed on my brow. Looking over at Gerard I saw that he looked like I felt. Looking at my parents, I saw that my mother was crying still holding the bottle of baby oil, my father was hugging her.

"How long?" dad asked.

"What?" Gerard asked.

"How long have you been doing this?"

"Since the beginning of the year." he answered, his voice and his actions showing no signs of his anger or flightiness.

"How?" mom asked, her voice thick from the tears.

"H-He wrote m-me a note." I said, "He told me to m-meet him in the attic."

"and then I kissed him." Gerard added.

Mom broke down into dad's shoulder, her shoulder's shaking. I turned to my brother, and he looked at me. His eyes betrayed his feelings. He was just as scared as I was. Neither of us had any idea what they were going to do now that they knew we were together.

"I want you out of my house." mom said, "I don't want you to come here ever again."

"Mom, we-"

"Mikey, please." dad said.

"Gerard, I'm giving you five minutes to pack up, and get the hell away from us, from Mikey, and never come back."

"What!" we both exclaimed.

"I want you out of here." mom said, "You've disrupted this family for the last time. You've convinced my baby boy that he's in love with men, and that he's in love with you! How do we know that you didn't force him into this?"

"Because I love him!" I said. Throwing myself at her feet, I looked up at her and added, "Please don't send Gerard away! Please. I love him more than life itself!"

"See! See what you've done?" mom yelled, "I want you out!"

"Donna, now don't be too harsh." dad said.

"I'm not being harsh, Donald. I want this... this... this Pervert out of my house! I did not raise my children to me incest monsters." Tears started to pore down my face, "Don't you start crying, Mikey."

"Don't tell him what to do!" Gerard called.

"You! Don't you ever speak to us ever again." mom said, "Start packing. You have five minutes."

Mom left with dad, leaving me on the floor, and Gerard by his bed. He went to the closet, grabbed a suitcase, and placed it on his bed, and proceeded to pack.

Going through his drawers, he pulled out his clothes, and threw them into his suitcase. He then wen through his art supplies, and placed them in the case as well.

Getting up, I wrapped my arms around Gerard's waist, and spun him around. Pressing our foreheads together, I placed a soft kiss in his lips. I held the kiss and pressed our bodies together for as long as we could.

Pulling away, Gerard placed his hand on my cheek, and with his thumb wiped away my tears. Softly, he then proceeded to trace my facial features with his fingers.

When he reached my lips, I placed soft kisses on each of his fingers, where he stopped them. With his fingers still there, I said, "I don't want you to go."

Tears formed in his eyes, and removing his fingers, he took my lips with his. It was filled with an ever growing passion, that was ruined by my mother coming back into the room.

"Gerard. You're time is up."

My breath caught, and my mom led Gerard out of the room, his suitcase in one hand, and his favorite filled sketch book under his arm.

I heard them make their way down the stairs, when I had an idea. Grabbing my favorite anthrax shirt, I ran down the stairs, past my parents, and then out the front door.

"Gerard!" I yelled, "Gerard wait!" he turned around, and I handed him my shirt.

"But.... What?" he asked.

"I want you to have it." I answered, "Knowing mom and dad, they won't let me see you."

Taking my shirt, he handed me his sketchbook. "Same reason." embracing me in a one arm hug, he whispered, "I love you, Mikey. I always will."

"I'll always love you too, Gerard." as we pulled away, I placed a kiss on his lips, then he turned around, and walked off into the night, my shirt clutched in one hand, and his small suitcase in the other.