Ways to Love Your Brother

This is how I disappear (a)

I haven't spoken to either of my parents for three weeks. That's how long I've been in my room, not counting the time it spent walking to work because I didn't want a ride from my mom, or the time it took to walk back.

During work, Gerard would sometimes come to see me, and now that it's full summer mode, many of the employees quit or went on vacation, thus making the hours longer, mine happened to change to the afternoon, with a two hour lunch break.

During the break, I would go to Frank's where everyone was, and along with everyone, Gerard was there as well. Greeting him one a week with a long passionate kiss behind something or in an other room, we would sit with our group, only clinging together, grateful for the time we got together.

One day, when I got to Frank's house, Gerard took my hand, and pulled me down that small narrow hallway, and into the room at the end, where Frank and I first had intimate actions.

Pushing me up against the door, we shared out usual greeting, only now that we were in a room, we held it out longer than we normally would.

Gerard bent down and kissed my neck, then went back to my lips. His tongue found a home in my mouth, until the kiss got even deeper. Hooking his hands around my waist, he pulled me to the bed that was in the room, and gently, we both fell on it.

Believe me, it felt amazing to be touched like this from Gerard, but the fact that we were in Frank's house kind of freaked me out a bit. Pulling away, I looked into the beautiful golden brown eyes of my beautiful older brother, and smiled.

"I love you, Gee." I said.

"I love you too, Mikes." Gerard replied. Sharing another kiss, he pulled away, and rolled over on the bed next to me, "I have some news."

"What?"

"I can't stay at Ray's house anymore, so, I'm going to New York."

"What!"

"I got a scholarship for an art school up there, and all I need is money for an apartment and I'm set."

Gerard looked at me with a joyful expression. He was really happy with the thought of leaving me here in New Jersey. But then again, I was being selfish for wanting Gerard to stay here.

"Where are you going to get the money for your apartment?"

"I don't know." he answered, "I'll need to get a lone or something, but thinking about it," he moved so his face was above mine, "Once you graduate from high school, you'll have a place to go to, and we can be together with no one to tell us 'no.'"

"But, you'll be gone for three years." I said.

"I know, I know, but it will be worth it." he brought our foreheads together, and then our lips. Placing small kisses on each other's lips, I slid my hand up his arm, and through his hair. Brushing his hair from his face, I stopped the flow of sweet kisses.

"When are you leaving?" I asked.

"I'm going to go up tomorrow and look at the buildings, but I want to move out by the end of July."

"You'll never save up enough money by then."

"You're doubting me?"

"What! No!"

"You just don't want me to leave."

"No, Gerard.... I'm proud that you've found somewhere to go, but the time limit you've put up for yourself.... It's just too soon." he didn't say anything, "I really like the plan though."

Smiling, he placed a small kiss on my lips and said, "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?"

"I yelled at you."

Giving a little laugh, I placed an other kiss on his lips, and I looked deep into his eyes and whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too, Mikey."

"We might want to get back to the group."

"Maybe."

*_*A week Later*_*

Sitting in Frank's basement, we waited for Ray and Gee to come down the stairs to tell us what they had found. It turned out that they had gotten stuck in a three hour traffic jam, so I was at work when they told me they had found a place, and even though I was happy, my heart shattered in two.

Gerard got a job at a local cafe, and I stopped by every night when he was working, and talked with him while sipping out of a cup of coffee.

It went on like this for a while, then, a little too quickly, the end of July came, and Gerard was getting ready to leave me.